10 of cups as twins?

Virgo26

In the RWS deck there's two kids playing in the corner. If someone asked if they may be carrying more than one child - could it represent twins or just that they'll have a happy result either way?

Thirteen

In the RWS deck there's two kids playing in the corner. If someone asked if they may be carrying more than one child - could it represent twins or just that they'll have a happy result either way?
Usually I see twins or a boy in the Sun Card. Reason being, the 10/Cups doesn't seem to be twins to me. They're boy/girl, meaning that the family got one of each—but there's no indication that these two are the same age.

Meanwhile, the Sun card sometimes refers to Apollo (who did have a twin sister) and sometimes has two young twins (looking exactly alike) on it.

Just IMHO. Then again, if you've got twins in your family, or are on fertility pills, sure, why not?

Virgo26

Usually I see twins or a boy in the Sun Card. Reason being, the 10/Cups doesn't seem to be twins to me. They're boy/girl, meaning that the family got one of each—but there's no indication that these two are the same age.

Meanwhile, the Sun card sometimes refers to Apollo (who did have a twin sister) and sometimes has two young twins (looking exactly alike) on it.

Just IMHO. Then again, if you've got twins in your family, or are on fertility pills, sure, why not?

Thanks Thirteen. True enough - the two children are there but no indication of age or anything like that. I suppose it might be more of an intuitive call at best.

TheSixOfWands

I see 9s as completion or the end of a journey; 10s indicate overkill. It could be that the person did not intend to have a bigger family, or perhaps there is concern that they will not be able to cope.

The 10 of cups is usually viewed as a happy card, so depending on where it appeared in the reading and what other cards were produced, or the question asked, it's difficult to suggest what may be happening.

Virgo26

I see 9s as completion or the end of a journey; 10s indicate overkill. It could be that the person did not intend to have a bigger family, or perhaps there is concern that they will not be able to cope.

The 10 of cups is usually viewed as a happy card, so depending on where it appeared in the reading and what other cards were produced, or the question asked, it's difficult to suggest what may be happening.

Thanks SixofWands. I suppose I would see 10s as overkill too, except for 10 of pentacles (to me) where it seems like it's good that there's a continuation of family..values or inheritance or the like

Say in a larger reading the position is just ... ''will there be multiples or twins'..

TheSixOfWands

Although you should make sure you enjoy what's happening, there is a warning with the 10s; don't take things for granted and remember to enjoy the success.

Grizabella

I don't see a multiple birth here, but if I did, I'd say fraternal twins or a girl and boy rather than two of one gender.

Thirteen

I see 9s as completion or the end of a journey; 10s indicate overkill.
Heh. That would suggest to me something like fertility treatments. Suddenly, instead of having a hard time getting pregnant the woman has quintuplets :D I'm not saying this card indicates that extreme, but I'd agree that it would indicate more kids than anticipated or planned.
Say in a larger reading the position is just ... ''will there be multiples or twins'..
That's pretty darn specific! Was this a 'future children" spread of some sort? If that's the position, then I'd say yes, you're probably looking at fraternal twins.

That's if you're speculating before the fact. However, if you are currently pregnant (or think you are)...well, there's this thing called "ultra-sound" which is astonishingly accurate in predicting the number of kids and even, at a certain point along the line, what sex they are ;) I always think a woman who is or hopes she's pregnant should check that source to find out exactly what the cards are telling her. :D

Virgo26

Although you should make sure you enjoy what's happening, there is a warning with the 10s; don't take things for granted and remember to enjoy the success.

Even more pertinent if there were difficulties getting pregnant initially, in which case it could be a 'hey, it doesn't matter so much, the result is good either way'

I don't see a multiple birth here, but if I did, I'd say fraternal twins or a girl and boy rather than two of one gender.

Yeah - definitely a possibility

Heh. That would suggest to me something like fertility treatments. Suddenly, instead of having a hard time getting pregnant the woman has quintuplets :D I'm not saying this card indicates that extreme, but I'd agree that it would indicate more kids than anticipated or planned.

That's pretty darn specific! Was this a 'future children" spread of some sort? If that's the position, then I'd say yes, you're probably looking at fraternal twins.

That's if you're speculating before the fact. However, if you are currently pregnant (or think you are)...well, there's this thing called "ultra-sound" which is astonishingly accurate in predicting the number of kids and even, at a certain point along the line, what sex they are ;) I always think a woman who is or hopes she's pregnant should check that source to find out exactly what the cards are telling her. :D

Right, tarot isn't science so I imagine most women would get that checked at some point :) In this instance it was one of those pregnancy spreads where the focus was an overview of the mum's mindset over the 9 months. The cards at the end were things like 'gender' or 'multiples' that sort of thing. Will have to come back to this thread in a couple of weeks and update...

Ace

If the two children are what caught your eye, you may be right. Does this family have other kids already? Then it may be just an addition to the family, but I would say it could suggest twins, definitely.
barb