Hanged Man as advice - stay in a bad situation or let it go?

CrystalSeas

In this case, I'd see the Hanged Man as advice to look at the situation from a different perspective.

A REALLY different perspective. Like "what would my life look like if I left this job?" because, obviously you've gotten all the information you're going to get about "what would my life look life if I stay in this job?"

Aset

In this case, I'd see the Hanged Man as advice to look at the situation from a different perspective.

A REALLY different perspective. Like "what would my life look like if I left this job?" because, obviously you've gotten all the information you're going to get about "what would my life look life if I stay in this job?"

This is a great idea! That is one thing that did not come to mind for me, so it really is a very different perspective to ponder. Thank you!

Barleywine

This is really interesting. I read the 9th card (next to last) as advice. The card before is surrounding environment, and 6th card (which I believe you are referring to) represents influences that are newly coming into play or soon to come into play. Would you still say that the 6th card is something the advice would be developing from?

Also asking in advance... we are allowed to post two cards, correct? I would love to share that card as well if so.

I don't use a specific "advice" card in my reading; I consider the entire spread to be "advice" at one stage of the situation or another, and the outcome card is the final word in that regard. The 9th position I consider hopes and aspirations, or "what the querent wants and is willing to go after." I also consider it "the last chance to mold the situation closer to the heart's desire" before the outcome puts it to closure. The Hanged Man here shows that the "advice department" is on holiday, suggesting that it might be better to move right past it and go to "payroll."

Padma

To me, the Hanged Man merely says that inaction is also a choice :)

Hence, you have chosen to do nothing.

But I think the Hanged Man as advice is trying to make clear that any action/non-action you take, is your own choice. Therefore I think the cards were advising you to only do what you want to do - make your own choice.

Aset

To update on how things ended up playing out...

I tried to resign on multiple occasions, but was persuaded each time to stay because my boss would not take no for an answer. Then I ended up getting laid off, which was ultimately beneficial because I received a severance, but the decision seemed to be out of my hands... very Hanged Man all the way.

AlexEliza

Wow, how apt the Hanged Man turned out to be in this situation.....:)

Stevie91

I would say wait. The Hanged Man, as I see it personally, is about surrendering to situations to give things time to sort themselves out. By pushing, nothing will happen, so you have to sort of sit back and let the universe work its magic xXx
Just my opinion xXx