World as a physical object?

Sibylline

Here's a fun one. What would you make as the world as an object? My cards were indicating a gift was in the making from an interested man to a woman. When I asked what the gift was, I got the world + ace of cups. Cosmic Tarot, no reversals.

Here are some things that randomly came to mind:a very big cup like a trophy, a snow globe, a refurbished antique.

FYI: Both people in the reading are dancers, and the Cosmic Tarot's world card features a dancer. So perhaps, a gift that would have to do with dance? An invitation to dance? A dance accessory of some kind?

What say you, good people of Aeclectic? I'm so curious what you come up with.

Barleywine

Since the World is related to the planet Saturn in the Golden Dawn system, and Saturn rules lead, once a common material in making pewter, my first thought for World + Ace of Cups was a pewter chalice.

Sibylline

Pewter chalice! That's interesting because I thought "golden chalice" given the Cosmic's ace of cups is gold. The astrological association with Saturn is really fascinating, Barleywine, given that the Cosmic does include such associations (in which I'm sorely lacking).

PS: The Cosmic is very Thothy. I have to wonder what Thoth and RWS readers think of this combo.

Sharla

I was thinking something related to saturn too...so something heavy, dark colored maybe black, cold so lead or metal, pot.

And with ace cups yes a chalice makes sense or a mug, or a trophy even like you already said.

Something sentimental with the ace cups so something that would mean something.

nisaba

Here's a fun one. What would you make as the world as an object?

A planet. A stone. A bale of hay. A solar system. A galaxy. A mudpie. A meal. Your intestines.

EmpyreanKnight

I initially thought like you did, I mean World + Ace of Cups = World full of Water = snow globe. Or it could be a ticket to a Water World-type theme park, or a movie/book about The Great Flood like Aronofsky's "Noah", or best of all, one of my favorite books by J. G. Ballard: "The Drowned World".

EmpyreanKnight

Oooh, depending on the size a genuine Hermès scarf will set you back half a thousand bucks I think. If that was indeed his gift, she must really consider how to harness this bolt of good fortune to her advantage.

empress's dress

Oooh, depending on the size a genuine Hermès scarf will set you back half a thousand bucks I think. If that was indeed his gift, she must really consider how to harness this bolt of good fortune to her advantage.

indeed! hahaha. but there are other makers of silk scarfs like the metropolitan museum of art who make gorgeous silk scarves that won't crush your pocketbook.

but those hermes scarves with the ballet dancers are just gorgeous! :) gorgeous.

eta: met scarves:
http://store.metmuseum.org/apparel/scarves/icat/scarves

IndigoWaves

A ring (like Saturn's)... With a tear-jerkingly romantic proposal, or just a big, wet kiss (AC). :p