Claas Hoffmann's Nuit book on the Crowley Harris deck

jmd

In March 2004, the Association for Tarot Studies Newsletter (issue 15) featured what has become but a preview of this book recently released with the following bibliographic details:
Claas Hoffmann Nuit: Aleister Crowley's Liber AL and the Thoth Tarot - volume 1; Akron Verlags AG, isbn 3-905372-22-3​
This is not a review per se of the book, and this for two principal reasons: the first is that I do not work with the deck, and so would not do the book sufficient justice (it would be like someone who does not work with the Marseille doing a review - it would certainly be a reflection of their view, but not necessarily of the Marseille).

But to give some overview. The book has numerous full colour renderings of the deck - most in his special manner of collage, as also shown in the Newsletter and on a couple of websites (such as here).

Of the 183 pages, most are used (130 pages) to depict with CH-Thoth collage, to comment upon and to give Crowley's chapter one of Liber AL verse by verse. This is followed by the rest of Liber AL, without imagery from the deck - and one presumes that chapter 2 will later form the basis of an upcoming volume 2, and chapter three the basis of a further volume 3.

I suppose that given the originality of the work (and that is indeed refreshing), it would probably be an important addition to one's collection if one is interested in the CH-Thoth deck, in Crowley's works, in projective geometry, or in the OTO.

...possibly one more thing I should mention is that the whole book is bilingual: each approximately A4 page (except for the pages holding only images) is in two columns, the left in German, the right in English.

Price? € 25 / £ 16.99 / $ 30 (I presume this last refers to US$, rather than NZ$).

Where? not sure... but here is the publisher's link.