"Tarot for Today" by Joanna Watters

sunflowr

Does anyone have and use this book, "Tarot for Today" by Joanna Watters? I have quite a few tarot books but this one has fast become my favorite! It's a beautiful book, includes photography depicting some of the cards in a more contemporary setting, and the card meanings are straight forward and easy to understand. Who else has this book and would like to talk about it?

Here is the Amazon.com link. (I notice people arent allowed to post personal links anymore. I hope Amazon.com links are still ok, as I'd like others to see this book).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0762105976/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

Emily

Hi sunflowr,

I have this book too - it was the title that attracted me as I wanted a book that was more up-to-date with modern meanings than the books I was using. I was very pleased with it.

I like the way she writes, its more of a reference book - she explains what the cards could mean in different situations and it does make you look at the symbolism of the deck used, Universal Waite, in a different way. She slots the traditional meanings in and also gives examples of readings she's done with particular cards. I also liked the astrological references she gives without getting in too deep. Its also a nice size, good illustrations and has a really user-friendly CC spread, amongst others, at the back of the book.

I think this is a good book for a beginner but also for some one who just wanted a different view of the cards. :)