2012: Tarot of Ascension

Golden Moon

Does anyone know anything about this deck? Will it include borders?

faunabay

I'm really curious about this one too. It could be really hokey or could be interesting. I'm curious!

Lillie

Yeah, I have it.

It has the picture with a small goldish edge within a dark border.
It has the LS multi lingual titles.

It is interesting.
Plenty of unusual symbolism going on there.

Golden Moon

Lillie said:
Yeah, I have it.

It has the picture with a small goldish edge within a dark border.
It has the LS multi lingual titles.

It is interesting.
Plenty of unusual symbolism going on there.

You own it? :bugeyed:, How? if its not even relased yet? Oh, can you tell me if its close to the rider waite?

rwcarter

Golden Moon said:
You own it? :bugeyed:, How? if its not even relased yet? Oh, can you tell me if its close to the rider waite?
A reviewer copy maybe? She did write the LWB for another LoS deck, so maybe she got a pre-release copy that way.

Rodney

Golden Moon

rwcarter said:
A reviewer copy maybe? She did write the LWB for another LoS deck, so maybe she got a pre-release copy that way.

Rodney

Darn!!! Lucky Lillie...:D

Queen of Disks

I saw some of the pics in the LS 2010 Teaser Thread. Dunno, I would like to see some more first.

Lillie

Golden Moon said:

Hmmm.

Yes, by the way, review copy!
I is a luck girl!

Like the RWS...

if you mean like the rider waite in the way that the Morgan Greer is, then no.

The majors are generally quite obviously themselves, and in that sense are similar to the RWS, but could also be seen as being similar to the Marseilles, (both with a couple of notable exceptions).

The minors are often quite different from the RWS, sometimes it seems they diverge quite radically. However they are clearly influenced by the RWS, as shown by some card that match closely the Waite images.
I decided that the reason for this is that the deck is about spiritual evolution and transformation, the ascension of the title, this meant re-visioning some of the minors to fit this theme, to make the images helpful and more positive to those who are looking to evolve spiritually.
But that's just my opinion.

Queen of Disks

Is there a story behind the images?

Lillie

You mean like a sort of narrative underlying the whole thing?
Well, reading the LWB it just seems to be that the whole 2012 is symbolic of a change in the conciousness of humanity as it prepares itself for a huge change and therefore we need to evolve spiritually and this deck is here to help.

One thing I thought was that it would be a very new agey deck. I was most surprised to find it isn't, not on the surface. It looks very medieval, and it is set in an imaginary medieval world (from the clothes etc.) there are clearly new age beliefs underlying some of the more unusual aspects of the pictures, and new age symbols when you look for them, but it's not 'in your face'.

By the way, with reference to the original post about borders, has LS ever done a borderless deck?
I can't think of a single one.