Ludy Lescot - General approach

Prasomchai

Hi all

Regarding this deck, I would like to know your approaches to reading please.

Essentially, for all cards there are standard/traditional meanings. Then we can infer meanings from the pictures themselves. Finally, we have the quotes that accompany each of the cards, suggesting further possibilities.

So, I guess my question is, what weight do you give to each of the above elements? Or are there other aspects you would take into account with this deck?

Or another way of looking at this is to ask, if the same spread of say 3 cards emerged from this deck and one of the more standard ones, what would be the differences (if any) in interpretation?

As ever, many thanks to those kind enough to share their experience on this matter.

Hemera

So, I guess my question is, what weight do you give to each of the above elements? Or are there other aspects you would take into account with this deck?
Hi Prasomchai. I think I go very much just by intuition. The interpretation that first comes to my mind and "feels" right is the one I take most seriously. But very often it happens that several approaches give valid answers. I may first get an intuitive flash about the card but later I discover that also a traditional interpretation works. Or vice versa.
The thing that I use very little with Ludy is the LWB. I didn´t use it at all at first and it didn´t make much sense to me at all but MaineGirl117 (who I´m sure will soon chime in :)) taught me to find interesting ideas in there,too.

Or another way of looking at this is to ask, if the same spread of say 3 cards emerged from this deck and one of the more standard ones, what would be the differences (if any) in interpretation?
I think this deck gives a lot of space to intuition and there is a lot of freedom to interpret the cards. But I think it is also a very personal thing in that some people connect with some other decks -even "standard " ones- and I just find myself connecting best with this one. It is difficult to put my finger on why this decks seems to speak to me and give me the best readings ever.

MaineGirl117

Hi all

Regarding this deck, I would like to know your approaches to reading please.

Essentially, for all cards there are standard/traditional meanings. Then we can infer meanings from the pictures themselves. Finally, we have the quotes that accompany each of the cards, suggesting further possibilities.

As ever, many thanks to those kind enough to share their experience on this matter.

Hello and welcome to the Ludy Lescot Group Prasomchai :)

Hemera is right in that you will have to experiment with the deck to see what process holds true for you. We've both worked for a long while on perfecting our approach (for me almost a year) and it is, and will always be, a process of learning. The same can be said for any deck really.

What I have found out about the Ludy Lescot deck, is that it makes you look at your shadow self - the 'dark side' of your personality that tends to get shut off or disregarded as we walk through life. It's not easy to look at that dark side, but when you do finally open yourself to it, the deck will reward you with profound insights. Again, this can be said for ANY deck you find yourself really connecting to.

Yes, in the beginning I clutched that LWB tightly and memorized all the sayings. They repeated as a mantra in my head for many months as I worked with the interpretations, and I found them vastly helpful. Not because their meanings were cut in stone, but because they made me think about how they applied directly to that given card. This slowly progressed to me taking a long hard look at what was going on in the pictures. Not at a superficial level - "hey, that small child with a clown face is rather pathetic" but more... "why am I acting so childish? What *mask* am I wearing and why can't I wipe it away? What's in my hand that I'm offering someone or what is another person offering me? What emotions are coming up that I need to deal with? What is the *escape* plan and why is it blocked?" I'm speaking of the 6 of cups in case you're wondering. The LWB says "Learning from your errors means growth. Not today however" This one riled me up quite a bit in the beginning. Not today? I'd ask... why the heck not!? Seize the day! But... it's often things that creep up from the past, that you finally realize have been bothering you for a long time, that are the hardest to let go. The letting go becomes a process. And so, the LWB interp would be correct.

After I became familiar with the interps and very familiar with the images of the cards, I'd start getting flashes of what other cards had for their imagery. They assimilate a 'whole picture' and interpretation. I cannot discredit images from the RWS pictures because I learned Tarot through books that base a lot of symbolism on that deck. The process of learning had already assimilated this knowledge in a complicated amalgamation of my understanding of each card, and I do not discredit or deny this knowledge just because I can't *see* it in the Ludy Lescot image. The deck works with this knowledge and synthesizes my understanding of the interpretations that I come to. I know this is not a cut and dry explanation to your question.

Ultimately, I now start with an intuitive and visual appraisal of the cards in the draw. Who are the players, which way are they looking, what activity are they engaged in, AND... most importantly.... how can I relate this to activities *in my world*.

One thing I have found interesting about this deck is that it led me to studying certain Gods, Goddess', psychologies and philosophies. Concurrently it did the same with Hemera (or she had already studied these things and was re-integrating that knowledge further into her understanding of these cards). You'll be able to see some of these discussions in the threads in this group. If you find yourself drawn towards these topics, you'll greatly enjoy the Ludy deck. If not, you may not choose to continue to work with it for very long. There is no harm in that. This deck really isn't for everybody - but we sure hope you do find it to be your new favorite and share your insights here with us :D

Please feel free to ask questions about the cards in their respective threads on this forum. We will do our best to assist you in whatever way we can. There is A LOT of information here, so take your time.. :) We're not going anywhere!

Prasomchai

Hello and welcome to the Ludy Lescot Group Prasomchai :)

Many thanks guys for taking the time to type such thoughtful replies! I will certainly look through the materials and contribute any insights I may develop.

Based on what you have suggested, I will use this deck for my own personal readings until I get a sound feel for it, and then perhaps try it out on other Querents. Thanks for giving me some pointers to get started with. I particularly like the idea of examining the thoughts of the people illustrated in the cards.

La Force

My approach today with Ludy Lescot

Well I had an interesting boring day today. lol so My approach today with Ludy Lescot today was, that I gave her a face lift, with a big black jiffy marker, Oh no you say (your seeing black mustaches on every face in the deck right), lol nope I got tired of looking and handling dirty edged, well used cards. so I was happily touching up the edges of every card with my black permant jiffy marker, and dam it looks so smart now and new looking, dam it looks sweet. :heart: :heart:

Hemera

Oh wow, sounds really intriguing. I might be tempted to do the same. Any chance of seeing pictures? :)

La Force

Oh wow, sounds really intriguing. I might be tempted to do the same. Any chance of seeing pictures? :)

Here you go Hemera, I hope you love Ludy's new face life, please respond would love to hear what you think of her new look. I used a STUDIO - permanent marker. It leaves a glossy finish.

You will see the glossiness, it does show up, Note the white marks on the edges are reflection from the glossiness of the Marker.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5922802055553609506&oid=117178249002371185284

This image is a bit blury, I'll try and upload another one

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5922802055878867394&oid=117178249002371185284

here's a bit better pic.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5922804203833885970&oid=117178249002371185284

Here is the Photo galary the picture do come up more clear viewing this way

https://plus.google.com/photos/117178249002371185284/albums/posts

La force

ETA: Should you want to do this, it's a go. there are two ways of doing this.

A) Do each and every card individually (edges) however be very careful, one slip of the marker it can wreak you image on the card.

B) best method: stack your deck, put on it's side and colour away, keep colouring with marker till all white is gone, and you have the depth of black you like. may take several passes, layers/going over and over. Then turn and do other side edges, repeat all way around, less mess and no slip ups, that may mark your actual image of the cards.

Then let dry.

Warning but safe: after the cards have dried some of them do stick together, just like when you buy gilded edges decks, when you first open them, deal out cards and separate the ones that have stuck, NO Damage is done to the cards. They will be all fine.

ETA #2:

Here is a pic. of My Mary El deck she got a face lift as well, except I used a Silver and Black permanent markers on the edges. This one I did all edges first with the silver, then after it dried, I hit it up with the black making all kinds of different lines, dots, marks, etc. with the Black marker, which gives it a cool effect after you shuffle up the deck, as you will see in photo.

I did the method as above in option A, I did all the cards individually with the Silver marker, then did Option B with the Black Marker.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5922813080157400834&oid=117178249002371185284

La Force

Hemera

Thank you for all the pictures La Force. I definitely want to do this,too. The deck looks so much better!

La Force

Thank you for all the pictures La Force. I definitely want to do this,too. The deck looks so much better!

It does, it does. The :heart:_:heart: is back in my eyes!

It's amazing what a face lift can do for your deck, New fresh look for an old age deck. brought back to it's youth. :)

MaineGirl117

Wow! That does look nice :thumbsup: I've thought about buying a second Ludy deck as a back up. I like the worn look of my older deck, but might try the silver edging on a newer version for some flare.