Intensive Deck Study Reboot!

zan_chan

Ooh that's wonderful Alec - what a great idea! I think my Fantastic Menagerie is jealous! :)

strings of life

alec said:
I keep the physical card with me during the day in a clear window/pouch attached to the front of my daily task notebook (see photo). This helps to keep the card in mind as the day gets going. Haven't heard of anyone else doing this, but recommend it if it sounds appealing.

Alec
Such a good idea. Too bad I work in a cubicle farm now. I miss my office with a window so much now. No more privacy, but the company had to cut corners somewhere and they moved several floors onto one - crazy. I bet I could get away with doing this on a notebook though. I already have one entire cubicle wall decorated with cards from the Answer Deck.

WalesWoman is selling gorgeous wooden Tarot card stands (posted here in Advertisements). I want one, but it would only serve a purpose at night and on Fridays (work-from-home-day) and weekends. alec, you may like one of these.

fairybugg

Jumping on the wagon

Hi all,
I have decided to dig out my Tarot for yourself book to work with Vision Quest. This week I have had a few aaha moments while researching animals for the deck. For instance, there is a Kite (bird) on the High Priestess. Kite's represnt psychic ability and visions... Making connections I guess... :)
The research is helpful but I think working some of the exercises in Greer's book will help too.
I am feeling a pull to make a case for this deck. They are sitting in a wood box from Greece right now. Which is fine but not quite right. I am a knitter I will come up with something...

Flaxen

alec said:
Hi Flaxen, so glad to hear that you are working with Thoth for your IDS!

If you have interest, it would be fun to share observations and compare notes as we go forward.

So far I'm on day 6 of doing one card daily draws. In the morning I take a good look at the card to register feel, impressions, whatever details pop out etc. Then I read DuQuette. (Haven't started with Book of Thoth yet, though might when I feel more energetic). I keep the physical card with me during the day in a clear window/pouch attached to the front of my daily task notebook (see photo). This helps to keep the card in mind as the day gets going. Haven't heard of anyone else doing this, but recommend it if it sounds appealing.

Alec
It would be great to have someone to share observations with. :)

Where are you keeping your daily draws? I was going to resurrect a thread in the Daily Draws section...

alec

Flaxen said:
Where are you keeping your daily draws? I was going to resurrect a thread in the Daily Draws section...

Great idea Flaxen! I'll add my draws there, too.

Will be good to share with you.

Alec

BlueDragonfly

I have been tempted....

I'm participating in the 6 of Pentacles exchange and my partner gave me The Silver Era Tarot. *sigh* I quickly checked the cards, and put them away. But I know they're there.....plus I got my trade deck.....checked and put away. *she whines, just a bit*

I've been doing a daily 2 card reading every day and reading in the companion book to start out. I'm not really re-organized yet, can't find my Druid Animals book, and still have some things to finish off, before really getting going. I should have things all tied up by Monday.

stefficus

BlueDragonfly said:
I have been tempted....

I'm participating in the 6 of Pentacles exchange and my partner gave me The Silver Era Tarot. *sigh* I quickly checked the cards, and put them away. But I know they're there.....

i know how you feel. i just got the shadowscapes a friend sent me the other day.

it's, um, all there...

zan_chan

What's the update ladies? Are you staying strong? Do you need de-enabling on those other (ugly) decks you got? :p

Hang tough!

BlueDragonfly

Nope! I'm doing great, now! They're sitting with the others patiently waiting for Jan. 1st, 2011. It was just that first blush of excitement that comes with a deck's arrival.

'Stuff' going on at my house, though, has cut into my study time and concentration. Things will calm down this weekend, though, I hope.

*and they are not ugly, :p*

OctoberGwen

I know you weren't asking me, but I have no desire to use any other decks right now - even my cute little Halloween that was just gifted to me.

Of course, when my BG Silver arrives (very soon!!) I'll be asking to be restrained....

})

Seriously, I'm loving the VR more and more. Even my little 3 card draws every day are helping me.