8 of Wands - Regulation

Miss Woo

I just did my first TdM reading with my Soprafino deck and I understand all of the cards except for the 8 of Wands, which is called Regulation in my Ben-Dov book...

I'm having trouble interpreting it and the meaning in my book is pretty vague:

It is possible to advance only by following the rules. Occupation with short-term goals while losing the long-term perspective. A roadblock.

So if this card was in the position of 'what won't help' would that mean that following the rules won't help with my situation? I think that's what it's saying but I'm a bit confused.

dancing_moon

Yes, that's what I'd expect it to mean. :) Also, I like reading pips as trumps, and so 8 of Wands would be connected with Justice. This could mean that it won't help to push your agenda no matter what or to try and 'fight for justice' in this situation.

Without knowing your question, it's a bit hard to give more concrete comments, though.

Miss Woo

Yes, that's what I'd expect it to mean. :) Also, I like reading pips as trumps, and so 8 of Wands would be connected with Justice. This could mean that it won't help to push your agenda no matter what or to try and 'fight for justice' in this situation.

Without knowing your question, it's a bit hard to give more concrete comments, though.

That is a good idea using trumps as pips... Oh, Justice... Yes, that makes sense, thank you :)

There wasn't a question; I used moon_light's interpersonal relationship spread, which can be found here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4127388&postcount=1

The 8 of Wands was in position 5.