crystals that go walkies and come back on their own

MandMaud

I'm interested how often this happens to other people, and what (if anything) you put it down to...

I have a small black tourmaline in a cage, that used to be a necklace until its cord broke. I keep thinking I need to get round to replacing that, but I don't want to wear this stone every day as I did a couple of years ago... anyway, when I feel the need I have it in my pocket or bag.

Sometimes it just goes away by itself. Obviously this is usually because it falls out of the pocket when I get undressed, or something like that. But often I don't see it for days, and when I do, it often isn't anywhere near where I take my trousers off! I'm fond of this little stone but I just shrug, now, and think it'll be back when it decides to. (I have a teddy bear that used to do the same thing and it never worried me to have her away from my bed for days or weeks... :))

This week the oddest instance: I wasn't wearing anything with pockets so I put it in the little bag where I keep my bloods testing kit (I'm diabetic). I only realised at bedtime that it had gone, and the next day I checked the car and around the kitchen and bedroom floors in case it had dropped out at home. But no, so I thought it had finally gone to be someone else's small black tourmaline and decided to get a new one sometime.

And today I got in the car around 6pm (having already driven the car around 1pm) - and there it was on the driving seat. And so FINALLY, the part of my mind that shouts, "Load of tosh! It's all random carelessness and means nothing" has very nearly given up efforts to convince the part of my mind that smiles, "This stone knows when and where it's needed, and when to leave me to stand on my own two feet..."

Similar experiences? Or what do you think it means, the crystal's knowing/choosing, or something else? How and why do you think this happens? Does it happen a lot?

Padma

I cannot say that I have had these experiences - My crystals appear to believe I need them ALL the time... :laugh: so they stay put.

But it is an interesting theory, nonetheless, and I would not put it past the crystals...!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." (- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio) and all that...sometimes it is simply more fun to not know, and just believe! :)

MandMaud

I suppose I'm connecting with a recent thread about doing a reading with one card missing - left out without the reader noticing - and I almost always think that's the card's choice, it somehow "shouldn't" participate in that reading. I don't really believe these things have a will of their own... but I'm finding it more and more difficult to believe it's all coincidence. :)

I have come across people saying they find their crystals move along the desk, or the altar or windowsill or wherever, overnight - to be near another crystal or further from one, apparently. I'm not sure I quite buy into crystals deciding to swap seats behind our backs...

Padma

I have come across people saying they find their crystals move along the desk, or the altar or windowsill or wherever, overnight - to be near another crystal or further from one, apparently. I'm not sure I quite buy into crystals deciding to swap seats behind our backs...

Why not? My tarot cards do it while I shuffle, all the time! :D

ETA I thought I should explain what I meant. I seriously feel that the card faces exchange places with each other, right before drawing. My son also felt that...

MandMaud

ETA I thought I should explain what I meant. I seriously feel that the card faces exchange places with each other, right before drawing. My son also felt that...

I've never felt that... but I do get this feeling that the tourmaline knows what it's about. :) This morning I found it in my bed after I got up!

Just had a thought, maybe I should ask it in meditation...

I wonder if crystals (and other things) get fed up with us talking about them, as if they weren't in the room?

Awkward.turtle91

Crystal - Rose Quartz:)

Yes I totally get that! I had two crystal angels my mum brought me at a Colin fry show and they've gone!! The only place they had been was in my room! Haven't been found since!

Same with my pentagram necklace, I had only just brought that it was my first one and I lost it down the street, it had fallen of my neck with out me noticing.

I hate it when things like that happen!!! The only one that has stayed is my Rose Quartz it goes lovely and warm when I think about two people in particular.

)o(

MandMaud

Yes I totally get that! I had two crystal angels my mum brought me at a Colin fry show and they've gone!! The only place they had been was in my room! Haven't been found since!

Same with my pentagram necklace, I had only just brought that it was my first one and I lost it down the street, it had fallen of my neck with out me noticing.

I hate it when things like that happen!!! The only one that has stayed is my Rose Quartz it goes lovely and warm when I think about two people in particular.

)o(

When they just go missing and don't come back, I like to think they've found somewhere that they're needed more. It's when they wander from me and later come back... that just makes me nosy, I wonder what they know that I don't!

Awkward.turtle91

Oh my godness, I understand that thought. At a festival my Rose Quartz kept going whitish pink. My friend kept saying what's it going white for it shouldn't be that colour and apprently it had good intentions off going white.

I beleive they pick up on thing's before we do! I suppose it's always worth meditiating with a crystal when you find it and asking it why! :) If your curious.

cje

Oh my gosh, Padma, I have had that same feeling before when reading Lenormand. Spooky, but loving it :) Thanks for sharing that experience. I thought, I just imagined it changing card faces.

Padma

Oh my gosh, Padma, I have had that same feeling before when reading Lenormand. Spooky, but loving it :) Thanks for sharing that experience. I thought, I just imagined it changing card faces.

You aren't alone in your belief!

So as to not be off-topic - Mandy, have your stones gone walkies again...?