Tarot websites that are wrong?

silviannes

Some of my own interpretations are different than many others and at first I thought I was "wrong" but there really is no wrong interpretation (unless you are making it up and not trying lol). Trust your gut, study the picture on the card, the position in the spread, what the other cards around it are saying, and take your meaning from that. Every reading could be different with the same cards as many others here will tell you :)

I do admit, for myself the book meanings and traditional meanings have helped me learn how to read cards better which caused my readings to make a ton more sense! Plus, I tell the deck (or myself) what court cards will mean before I draw, what each suit means, and what reversals will mean. Setting your rules will make readings easier/more focused for you.

Nyx-Knits

The books, videos, blog, etc. that I am using now to learn are so much in favor of you making your own associations and meanings with your training deck.

I first tried learning tarot in my 20s, first Rider-Waite style and then Thoth based on a friend's recommendation. Nobody told me this information back then, so I was basically trying to memorize so much specific stuff and very little of it stuck.

The difference between now and then is amazing. It is SO MUCH EASIER now. I'm only at the point where I am starting to look at the "standard" meanings. Many of them are things that I found myself through study of the images and exercises using cards together. Even with the ones that my meaning didn't match the "standard" meaning I wasn't far off.

I'm so new here, so what do I know? Well, at least for me, getting rid of the notion of a specific card meaning being right or wrong really opened up my learning vibe.