Crystals and Chakras Help

Calayvie

OK, I'm really confused now about chakras and crystal healing. I was getting right into it too!

I read a fantastic article by Hibiscus Moon, a set of 3 actually, that clicked everything into place mentally for me, with vibrations, colours, chakras and energy.

http://hibiscusmooncrystalacademy.com/crystal-chakra-healing/

The science behind it made sense to me and it just all clicked. The science boosted my belief in crystal healing.
I'm not sure about being called "Chick pea" and other cutesy names while I'm reading, but I can overlook that! [emoji6]

Then now I'm reading Crystal Power, Crystal Healing by Michael Gienger which I was loving but its very information dense. [emoji15]
Anyway, he talks about how the crystals colour and chakras don't correspond nor work together! [emoji15]

Then, I found an article that supports this in a slightly different way.
https://crystalfaqs.com/2015/02/26/the-crystal-color-chakra-correllation-quandry/

Which was written by one of the co-authors of Book of Stones.
This article explains that the colours of the chakras was only designed to help in learning about them, that they are not actually energy of the "visible light" spectrum, but are of a different part of the spectrum.
So how do people who can see auras, see auras of what I thought would be coloured light??
And what have I been visualising all this time in chakra meditations and stuff?? [emoji31]

As you can see I'm confused!
And I figure these ideas might not be welcome but I really want to know what other people think of this and what they believe about the chakras and crystals, and what your beliefs are based on.

I'm prepared to take this Tower (?) moment and move on with new knowledge, and start studying down that path, but I'm just not sure which knowledge/path is right.

thanks for any help in advance!

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Tigerangel

My advice would be to put the books to one side for now, and forgot what they say, pick out seven crystals from the crystals you have ( buy more if you need too) and if you want to do a crystal balancing.....

Place any of the crystals where you instinctively feel they should go, forget about what their metaphysical properties are or even the colour unless you want to place the appropriate colour to each chakra, it's really upto how you feel you want to do it, then go with what you are guided to do for bringing in cleansing and balancing white light.

When I do a cleansing /balancing without crystals I sit in a lotus position and start from the root chakra and work to to the Crown, I visualise a coloured mist circling my body Chakra area (like a hula hoop of colour)then bring in a white light through my crown and down to the root chakra and breath through the light into the coloured mist until the white and red blend, then I move up and do the the same with the other chakras, with this technique once I get past the solar plexus I will usually start to see waves of colour in my third eye that will come down in a straight slow motion which is very relaxing to watch, normally when I see colors in my third eye they will go in a circular motion, but with chakra balancing it is always in downward waves.

If I'm doing a crystal chakra cleansing/balancing I do tend to use the same colour stone as the Chakra because that's what I like to do, if I feel I need a different stone then I would swap it but that rarely happens with me, I'll lie down and place the crystals on my Chakra points then repeat the same as the sitting chakra balancing, but this time I breath the white light through the crystals and don't visualise the colour mist, normally with this technique I will have a some random Visions sometimes not always though.

I really think we can sometimes overload ourselves with too much information when we read to much on the same subject by different people's perspectives, and that's where you start to get the confusion set it, and go over in your mind..but that author said that and this author said that so which one is right..... The answer both are right and both are wrong, because what ever they've wrote works for them, it might not work for you, that's where intuition comes in and helps to clear it up for us, if you have read something in one of your books and you like it and it clicks for you then use that as your foundation for creating you own technique, if you've read something and that makes you confused then just disregard it.

As for seeing auras I managed to see my own Aura physically once, I was in the bath and it was a very sunny day, so the Sun was shining in through the bathroom window and I had lifted my knees up so they where out the water and steam was streaming off them I started to zone out just watched the steam dance about then I seen the white mist expand around my knees and closer in to the skin area I could see a green band of transparent light and under that was a very light purple transparent band of light, it lasted for all of 15 seconds then my eyes came back into normal focus, I still find it hard to see auras physically but I do sometimes see them in my third eye, but that is very occasionally and I only see them if I'm really connected to someone.

As I said I visualise a coloured mist that circles around my whole body area, but if you wanted to visualise a fruit that can work aswell, you could have a strawberry for the root, an orange for the sacral, banana for the solar plexus ect.....when it come to visualisations for the chakras the options are infinite if you let your mind go and create something specific that works for you.

I'm not sure if I've answered the concerns you where wanting addressed or not, but this is how I do it and my views on it, basically I believe in following what my intuition tells me I need to do for my Chakra cleansing and balancing and if one day I intuitively feel I need to do something abit different than before then I will follow that guidance.

Good luck on finding what works for you.

Calayvie

Thankyou Tigerangel for the reply, and all the details and information you put in it! [emoji4]

I am thinking that even if the chakras don't actually have colours, I can still choose to visualise a chakra a certain colour, so I can still work with that.
I will focus more on intuition in choosing crystals for now and see how I go.
I've always been very scientifically minded so I was so pleased to find scientific support about crystal healing, and then it starts contradicting itself! Argh!
But what I've also realised in my recent spiritual eye opening journey is that science is not infallible and experiments and studies are often more biased, in one way or another, than we want to believe.
So I should be taking what I read with a grain of salt, and letting my intuition lead me. [emoji4]

Its still a bit frustrating though.

Thanks for your input [emoji4]

celticnoodle

I was also going to comment on this, much like TA did--but since TA did such a wonderful job, there is no reason to really comment, and esp. as you seem to get it. Following your intuition is the answer and the books we read are wonderful ways to become informed about a subject, but its our OWN intuition that we need to follow. I'm glad you can see it this way with TA's help. :)

It is frustrating though, yes, and I have also hit walls like this in other areas of spiritual studies too. When I have, I always get in my mind to follow my own intuition and not worry about what someone else *thinks* or *says* is the only way to view it. Everyone is unique and our experiences are unique. So, follow your own intuition and reading others experiences on the same idea is just to help us get an understanding of what to expect.

Good luck, Calayvie.

Calayvie

I was also going to comment on this, much like TA did--but since TA did such a wonderful job, there is no reason to really comment, and esp. as you seem to get it. Following your intuition is the answer and the books we read are wonderful ways to become informed about a subject, but its our OWN intuition that we need to follow. I'm glad you can see it this way with TA's help. :)

It is frustrating though, yes, and I have also hit walls like this in other areas of spiritual studies too. When I have, I always get in my mind to follow my own intuition and not worry about what someone else *thinks* or *says* is the only way to view it. Everyone is unique and our experiences are unique. So, follow your own intuition and reading others experiences on the same idea is just to help us get an understanding of what to expect.

Good luck, Calayvie.
Thanks Celticnoodle for the reply!
I'm more relaxed about it now. [emoji4]

I think I was so pleased and surprised to find scientific backing for it that when it was contradicted I lost my footing, forgetting that crystal work/healing is an intuitive practice first and foremost. [emoji4]

linnie

I lost my footing, forgetting that crystal work/healing is an intuitive practice first and foremost.
You're back on track, then! :)

I was going to respond in similar depth as Tigerangel did... luckily, I was pipped to the post!!! :D And I agree with CN, too...

Which means I agree with what you've just said, in your own words...that "crystal work/healing is an intuitive practice first and foremost" :D

You really do sometimes just need to remind yourself to check back in to the question "What makes this author "special"/"correct" etc??? Then, often, you'll realise that what made them different from you is that they learnt all they could, wrote books, but mostly simply trusted their own instinct!!! :D

Which reminds me of my favourite ever compound word... Intuition... In-tuition...learning from the inside out... inner knowing, etc etc... a happy thought! :D

FinoAllaFine

I'm going to have to look into this more, my knowledge of the properties of individual stones is very basic, and I normally simply work with them based on their colour(s) and the characteristics associated with the corresponding chakras.

Tanga

Do your own thing. Do what you believe. And whatever you believe will bring full power to you - because energy follows thought. (IMO ofcourse)

The 7 Chakra system was introduced to the West by a Russian Spiritualist by the name of Madam Blavasky - when she returned from India.
I guess it was her way of "dumming down" the 100 or so Chakras that are actually recorded etc.
But ofcourse in "real" tradition - Chakra's aren't even focussed on.
One does their yoga practice (and I mean - the proper yoga - not what we know as yoga in the West, which is again a Western twist where the exercises were blended with gymnastics and alot of the spiritual side is left out) over a lifetime - and all those wonderful spiritual enlightenments etc. happen as a by-product - not as the goal.

Who know who first coined "Chakra Colours"

I think that it's a great way for a Western mind that is less disciplined in such things (including myself) to think about and focus on. And in so doing - get some kind of decent regular self practice going.

Who doesn't like the colours of the rainbow and all the sweet connotations it brings?

:) :)

Redfaery

To be fair, the idea that there are 7 chakras does have its roots in Indian writings, but they are very late and date back to the 16th or 17th century. As for the whole system of color correspondences, those didn't really take off until Anodea Judith wrote "Wheels of Life"

Tanga

Yes. (didn't say it doesn't exist). I still have Anodea on my shelf somewhere. :)