Four of Swords

bonadea

Mojo, great interpretation. It gives me a new way of looking at the four of swords.

misifu

For me this card, like most cards, depends on the other cards surrounding it, or close to it. For instance, if I got the Four of Swords next to the Hermit, it means means meditation. If next to the 9 of Swords, x-rays, cat-scans, and possible surgery. What the outcome is depends on other cards, either positive or negative. If next to the four of cups and/or the King of cups, represents a trip to a counselor or psychiatrist, well there are SO many other combinations, I could not possibly list them all. Again, one card has it's own traditional meaning, but next to other cards they take on more. Makes sense? Incidentally, I usually the use the Robin Wood.
Lots of Love,
Misifu

Maan

Dear Mojo

When i see the this card i'm also reminded of
medieval times.
I only connected the card with an other period of the medieval knight's live.
Before they become knights they are supposed to spend a night in a chapel to pray and be in absolut silence.

When i get this card in a reading i try to be like this " almost knight " turning my energie inside of myself.

Maan

Demon Goddess

Four of swords...

Another meaning... if this lets me post...

I have received this card several times over the past few weeks in reference to a situation we are going through that involves the physical and emotional separation of my husband from his children. This caused by the twisted ramblings of the madman that just happens to be my step-daughter's boyfriend.

Last night I got this card in the Desires postion of a Celtic Cross and in addition to all of the other meanings, saw this as a desire for "peace" -- in the sense, I guess of balance being a peace between him and his children, because they have completely broken the last ties, (at least until the boyfriend is out of the picture) and gone their separate ways. I also see hope in the future that the break is temporary as I said, until the boyfriend is out of the picture. When the children will return, but that the impasse is in effect and will stay in place for a while.

Dunno if anyone else might see that like that. But that's what I got.

obsidian_queen

Time Out

Always saw this card as the "time-out" card. Whether it's a relationship, work situation, family situation, I always feel like it's saying that the querent needs to take a break, usually this is how they're feeling, like they want a chance to get away from the madness, de-stress and be totally into themselves..like that Calgon ad that has the slogan "calgon take me away"..I always get the personal mental image of relaxing in a bubble bath with your eyes closed. Whenever I'm reading for males though, I always remember a boyfriend I had who, whenever we had a fight, or were going through problems, would go straight to bed to sleep for a few hours and talk it over with me at a later time, even if it were 2 or 3 days. He never jumped right into an emotional situation; it was like he would put himself through an emotional and mental shut-down, and, much like a computer, he would re-boot and start up later on with a better grip on things. It was just his way of dealing with stuff that was overly stressful, although I hated it because it felt like he just wanted to avoid the issue when I wanted to talk NOW.
Reversed..I don't feel like the card talks of a return to activity..more like it becomes a warning that if you DON'T take the rest you need voluntarily, something's going to happen that will force you to cease what you're doing or withdraw from the situation because you're likely hurt in some way.

goddessof1967

I just got this card in 'advice' position in a reading about when my next lover comes along.

I took it to mean to retreat from the world for a short time and spend lots of time in bed together!