Red Owl Lenormand: much harder to learn for beginner?

olivia1

Hi,

I have recently decided to take up Lenormand at my friend's insistence (she is really into Lenormand and want to teach me). There is a problem, though. I did not consult her before buying a Lenormand deck and I purchased the "Red Owl." I chose this set because I thought the deck would have the playing card inset *and* verses.

I have since learned that this is not the case: "Red Owl" only has verses. Well, since my item has already shipped, I was wondering how hard it has been for beginners to learn with "Red Owl" and without the inset? My friend is urging me to return the "Red Owl" and to either get the "Blue Owl" or French Cartomancy deck if its at all possible.

Is learning from the"Red Owl" really that much harder? I chose this deck because another woman (on a site) said that she recommended Wahrsage Karten for beginners..which is what I typed on Amazon which is what led me to the "Red Owl" deck ( a deck that is made by Wahrsagekarten Lenormand according to Amazon).

I know my friend recommended to get a different deck but I'm hoping because she "urged me" to but didnt necessarily say "the deck you have is impossible" means that its not totally a lost cause? Luckily, the seller that I ordered from offers full refunds..but I want to work with this deck because I hate to think that I may have wasted $4 (shipping is non refundable).

edited: After posting this, I noticed the seller who sold me the "Red Owl" also has the "Blue Owl" for a cheaper price. So I also ordered the "Blue Owl" just in case the Red is much harder.

IheartTarot

Where did you order them from?

The Owls with English verses are no longer in print and are not that easy to find. If you ordered ones with verses from anywhere other than ebay (for a price), chances are you are getting the ones with German or French verses.

For pips and English verses, you need the Carta Mundi one (English version).

IheartTarot

BTW the red/blue part gets very confusing. I have seen ones with English verses in red and blue owl.

It is safer to say whether you want pips and/or verses and which language verses if applicable.

Attachments

• BlueOwlEnglish.jpg
    BlueOwlEnglish.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,147
  • RedOwlEnglish.jpg
    RedOwlEnglish.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,507

olivia1

Thanks!

IheartTarot said:
Where did you order them from?
Amazon. They seem to have them for reasonable prices (cheaper than ebay).

The Owls with English verses are no longer in print and are not that easy to find. If you ordered ones with verses from anywhere other than ebay (for a price), chances are you are getting the ones with German verses.

For pips and English verses, you need the Carta Mundi one (English version).

thank you, this is *very* helpful information. You sure know your oracle decks:)

IheartTarot

Can you post the links of the ones you ordered so I can tell?

If you ordered ones with German verses (see Language under product description) and don't speak German, try cancel them!

olivia1

IheartTarot said:
BTW the red/blue part gets very confusing. I have seen ones with English verses in red and blue owl.

It is safer to say whether you want pips and/or verses and which language verses if applicable.

sorry, i missed this post initially. I am confused as they look the same? what's the difference? is one more oriented toward the way readers in Germany read and one more oriented towards how the French traditionally read? My friend mentioned something about there being a difference in how the Lenormands are in the different areas (geared towards different reading styles).

is that the main difference between the Blue and Red? If I am sounding confusing, feel free to tell me. I admit it: I do not know what I am talking about. I'm just going by what I remember she said (and I could be remembering wrong).

olivia1

edited: Thank you for taking a look for me- that's really nice of you!

IheartTarot said:
Can you post the links of the ones you ordered so I can tell?

If you ordered ones with German verses (see Language under product description) and don't speak German, try cancel them!

I just hit order based on the pictures. Unfortunately, below is all i have as far as information goes...

Lenormand Orakelkarten - blaue Eule Lenormand Orakelkarten - blaue Eule

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3905017032/ref=oss_product

Lenormand Orakelkarten
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3905021471/ref=oss_product

IheartTarot

I have stopped referring to them as red or blue owl as it gets too confusing. It seems that you can get either owl with or without verses and in different languages.

From quickly looking at amazon, I would guess that your red owl has German verses and no pips and your blue owl has pips and no verses (similar to the FC deck).

For pips and English verses, you need the Carta Mundi English which is quite easy to obtain from Europe.

Golden Moon

I have the blue owl lenormand and they don't have those poems...

olivia1

IheartTarot said:
I have stopped referring to them as red or blue owl as it gets too confusing. It seems that you can get either owl with or without verses and in different languages.

From quickly looking at amazon, I would guess that your red owl has German verses and no pips and your blue owl has pips and no verses (similar to the FC deck).

For pips and English verses, you need the Carta Mundi English which is quite easy to obtain from Europe.

Yes, thank you. I will send the Red back... I won't even bother opening the package.

Golden Moon said:
I have the blue owl lenormand and they don't have those poems...
thanks!