fey- 4 of Cups

Shapeshifter

4 of Cups

In 4 of Cups, I think it is obvious that the Fey is not satisfied with what she can choose, the cup of water.

There is one part I do not get though, the Fey is closing her eyes and thinking, as if she is trying to think of what she wants. but her facial expression is quite happy, so I think the Fey knows what she wants

can someone please tell me if she knows what she wants or not?

sunflowr

Re: 4 of Cups

Shapeshifter said:
In 4 of Cups, I think it is obvious that the Fey is not satisfied with what she can choose, the cup of water.

There is one part I do not get though, the Fey is closing her eyes and thinking, as if she is trying to think of what she wants. but her facial expression is quite happy, so I think the Fey knows what she wants

can someone please tell me if she knows what she wants or not?

She's jaded.. satiated and bored and lazy.. She's resting, falling asleep.

skytwig

I don't have the deck (yet!)..... can someone post a link to the card? thanx :)

lunalafey

skytwig- could not find link- so here's a visual explination

A fey sits lazily in a 'sky-chair', a chair suspended like swing, below her is a giant chalice filled with wine.
The one thing that catches my eye beyond the image, is the 'use' of loops & rings. the chair is made with loops, and rope is looped in these loops :D, the feys long dark hair is braided & decorated with ribbons & rings. There are rings around the cup as well. Even the trim on the feys pant cuff is a ring.....

skytwig

lunalafey said:
skytwig- could not find link- so here's a visual explination

A fey sits lazily in a 'sky-chair', a chair suspended like swing, below her is a giant chalice filled with wine.
The one thing that catches my eye beyond the image, is the 'use' of loops & rings. the chair is made with loops, and rope is looped in these loops :D, the feys long dark hair is braided & decorated with ribbons & rings. There are rings around the cup as well. Even the trim on the feys pant cuff is a ring.....
Thanks, lunalafey...... she sounds delightful..... I tried to find the card on the internet..... but couldn't.... you do a grand job of creating the visual in my head. :)

Angeline

I spent an hour studying the chalise's last night at work......I have the book to go with the deck .....but wanted to see what gut feelings i got before reading the books interpretation.
When i studied.........i felt she was sleepy content.........but maybe a little too content.....she has a huge cup of wine to have yet isnt interested in it.
She is trully bored despite having it all. She has luxury and comfort around her.
The circles are like a symbol of completeness and yet a never ending feeling of going round and round.......(hope this makes sense!) And sooo many circles in this card!

Dark_angel

I've only recently got this deck, so I may be way off, but I think she's drunk!

I think she is frustrated, bored, unfulfilled, and trying to mask these feelings with outer excess.

This could manifest itself in the outside world in many ways; for example, a person who is in an unfulfilling relationship may cheat on their partner rather than addressing the problem directly. Or the poet who, fearing his work is unsuccessful, becomes an alcoholic.

What do you guys think?

contrascarpe

I look at this card and I sense that the Fey is oblivious to what is around her. She is comfortable in her own little world unaware of being dropped into the chalice. In a reading, I would probably see this as a warning to open your eyes and see what is coming ahead! It doesn't mean that they are heading into a bad situation, but something is going to happen and if you are cognizant of it, you will be better prepared.

Dan

rcb30872

To me she is just asleep, dreaming. I can't see how boredom, or anything like that fits in, since she is smiling, a sort of wistful smile. I think this card just indicates that they are caught up in their own little world, that they don't seem to notice what is going around them. A bit self-absorbed, self-centred and selfish seems to come to mind.