SCAM ALERT!!

MissNine

Hi Jeri! That stinks!
Here's a positive note... I just bought an alternate realities deck from your website on Friday :-D
Sorry it won't help much but I'm a poor student and saved up for it and Im so excited to get it in the mail!
Are you represented in Germany/EU by a trademark attorney?

conurelover

Where did she post that ad?

Good grief...Bobbi Jo Drake actually critiqued the Full Moon Lenormand for Lyn, i believe.

i am sure Lyn must know about all this? i heard from her this morning, but she
didn't mention anything...
So i wrote her a couple of hours ago and included your first Scam alert post...

I am glad this scam was mentioned here. I was actually looking for Tarotlyn's site because I have bought from her before and I noticed it moved but hearing about this it is good to know why it moved. I hope when this horrible scam is straightened out that I can get one of her decks again. I love her decks!

MoonGypsy

I am glad this scam was mentioned here. I was actually looking for Tarotlyn's site because I have bought from her before and I noticed it moved but hearing about this it is good to know why it moved. I hope when this horrible scam is straightened out that I can get one of her decks again. I love her decks!

Hi conurelover!

Lyn closed her websites a month or 2 ago-- so it was way before finding out about this
ebay "scammer" in Germany.
She had already decided to stop taking orders and selling her decks, as she was very tired and
needed a break from it...perhaps permanently.

Regarding the eBay fiasco--i heard back from her yesterday evening,
and she told me after receiving a lot
of pressure and emails from several people, this German ebay person finally relented, and removed most all of the artist/creator decks in question...
But so far, eBay hasn't closed the store or anything...

conurelover

Hi conurelover!

Lyn closed her websites a month or 2 ago-- so it was way before finding out about this
ebay "scammer" in Germany.
She had already decided to stop taking orders and selling her decks, as she was very tired and
needed a break from it...perhaps permanently.

Regarding the eBay fiasco--i heard back from her yesterday evening,
and she told me after receiving a lot
of pressure and emails from several people, this German ebay person finally relented, and removed most all of the artist/creator decks in question...
But so far, eBay hasn't closed the store or anything...

She closed it before this? Well then I feel better knowing she didn't close it because of the scammer. I hope she doesn't stop permanently.

Thanks for the info Moongypsy! šŸ˜†

MoonGypsy

She closed it before this? Well then I feel better knowing she didn't close it because of the scammer. I hope she doesn't stop permanently.

Thanks for the info Moongypsy! ��

Yes, sweetie, she closed her website wayyyyy before this happened...not because
of the scammer.

i hope she doesn't stop permanently also, but it looks like a strong probability.
i am in close contact with her...we communicate at least a couple of times a week.
Although, you may have noticed--her youtube deck vids are all still up...

MoonGypsy

Good Grief...

Oh my goddess, where/when will it stop...so disheartening...

Thank You for the alert, Hazel Moon. :love:

garmonbozia

HazelMoon, I've come across pages with nonsense jumbled English text like that while searching the internet quite a few times. I always close the page immediately without clicking on anything else. There are a lot of junk websites out there with intentions that cannot be good.

cirom

This issue was brought to my attention last week on FaceBook and I responded with the following.
I'm assuming she/he?? just scans copies of legit decks and prints them..Yes its illegal, yes its immoral, but its also stupid. I can't see how its cost effective. First the quality is pretty bad because it is just a scan, but even then there is all the same work of having to prepare all those scans and organize the production, what about the outer box??? and do they include a ripped of copy of the LWB as well? Either way that all that printing costs money. And the dumbest part of all is they are asking about twice the price of a legit deck.... so how can they expect to realistically sell that many copies. Small quantities would either increase the production costs even more, or if they did produce every deck in quantities in which case they will end up with lots of unsold inventory.... I think they should be shut down for the principal of it and probably will be once eBay receives all the complaints. But even if she did get away with it, I think she would financially have made a big mistake.....which might be the most appropriate outcome of all.... Karma in it most direct form...

This may already have cost her and or the printer a lot of money. Plus a lot of work if she did indeed produce all these decks, (which I doubt). She may try the whole thing again under a different name, but with todays social networking she will be discovered again. After all she has to advertise her products in order to sell them.... it just doesn't make business sense. While counterfeit products is a plague that effects everything from designer watches, bags etc, at least the counterfeit ones are cheaper and the quality reasonably convincing, which doesn't seem to be the case here.....

Shadowlynx

Dear Lord! I had no idea this sort of crap happened with tarot and oracle decks! It's common in the art world (as in, paintings and drawings) but divination decks (!?!?) I was a bit iffy about self-publishing my own deck... Now, I'm downright reconsidering pulling it off the market. Nothing is more insulting and heartbreaking than putting so much time, love and effort in creating something from scratch, just to see some **feel free to insert any expletive** steal it away from you. Grrrrr! :mad: