Incidences when Lenormand has been Literal

Girl Archer

So, I thought this might be a fun story to share on here. Yesterday over a variety of topics, I drew Mouse but particularly House + Mouse (from the Enchanted Lenormand) and then while I was just ruminating, a little dark grey mouse scurried across the room and I was totally :bugeyed:. We don't have mice running about and this was certainly a first for me. Later after the problem at hand was dealt with, I wondered if the Lenormand had been trying so hard to literally pass on a message there is a mouse in the house.

Thoughts? Any other stories you guys would like to share?

blueeyetea

For a while, I would do daily draws. One day in particular I pulled the Whip followed by the Scythe and wondered what that could mean. At work, around 11 a.m., I started receiving an error message that my personal drive on the company server was full, so I went in and deleted some documents, which is usually enough, but not that day. The server kept sending me the same message and I'd go back in and delete some more. It came to the point I couldn't delete anything else, and called the technical people to see what was going on. In all, I received the same message 106 times. When I got home, I had to laugh that the prediction was so literal.

Another indicident that comes to mind is me asking for a date for when my husband would be coming out of the hospital. (He broke his hip in April and was hospitalized for 20 days). I got card 13 - Child, and sure enough May 13 was the day he was released.

decan

Interesting.
I never used the Lenormand deck which seems to me a bit difficult to interpret, but I’m probably wrong and one day maybe I’ll try, I don’t know yet.

I think that often we can go to abstract symbolism, while what is directly before our eyes in a pragmatic way (on the card) could be the information, without a complicated and symbolic research.

Kurenai

Thought I'd share my story too, although I am not sure if it is as literal as your house + mouse combination!

Today I drew my daily cards and got:

Child + ship + fox

And for good measure I drew another card which was the "coffin."

Well, I was wondering what it could all mean (a short trip? a new business trip? something about my daughter going on a trip?).... But soon I buried myself with my routine and chores.

I especially spent some time driving to three different places to find something for my daughter. On my way home, I realized that this was what the cards were perhaps trying to tell me! You see, the thing I was looking for for my daughter was a KITE!

So, I had been running around in my car (ship) looking for a kite (a ship -- the sails on the ship) for my daughter (child), but despite following people's advice on where I should go and find them, none panned out (fox).

Oh, and the coffin card predicted that I was going to be suffering from a headache today, and I am!

Girl Archer

Wow, very interesting stuff. Keep it coming people :)

Padma

I had two very literal ones, among others. I find the daily ones are reallllly literal :)

I once got Mountain and Mice, and that day, my only activity was walking the dogs. There was a mountain of snow on the trail where I walked, and a little CAT snowplow ahead of me, literally eating that mountain of snow ;)

Once I got Scythe Coffin, and had spent the day trimming a tarot deck - so literally, the Scythe was trimming away the "box" (Coffin) around the cards...

Oh and I remember another one as well - my new dog is white, and looks a little older than she is, and I kept getting Lilies/Child showing up, although I did not know the dog I would shortly adopt would be white, or look older than she is, it turned out being true!

I have also had Fox come up to indicate a red gemstone, and appear right above Man to indicate a redhead :p :laugh:

Girl Archer

I had two very literal ones, among others. I find the daily ones are reallllly literal :)

I once got Mountain and Mice, and that day, my only activity was walking the dogs. There was a mountain of snow on the trail where I walked, and a little CAT snowplow ahead of me, literally eating that mountain of snow ;)

Once I got Scythe Coffin, and had spent the day trimming a tarot deck - so literally, the Scythe was trimming away the "box" (Coffin) around the cards...

Oh and I remember another one as well - my new dog is white, and looks a little older than she is, and I kept getting Lilies/Child showing up, although I did not know the dog I would shortly adopt would be white, or look older than she is, it turned out being true!

I have also had Fox come up to indicate a red gemstone, and appear right above Man to indicate a redhead :p :laugh:

Good stuff, Padma. The Fox thing was a laugh. Weren't you scared when you got Scythe and Coffin? Didn't wonder what would come to an abrupt ending?

Cute tale about the dog, though :grin:

MandMaud

Thought I'd share my story too, although I am not sure if it is as literal as your house + mouse combination!

Today I drew my daily cards and got:

Child + ship + fox

And for good measure I drew another card which was the "coffin."

Well, I was wondering what it could all mean (a short trip? a new business trip? something about my daughter going on a trip?).... But soon I buried myself with my routine and chores.

I especially spent some time driving to three different places to find something for my daughter. On my way home, I realized that this was what the cards were perhaps trying to tell me! You see, the thing I was looking for for my daughter was a KITE!

So, I had been running around in my car (ship) looking for a kite (a ship -- the sails on the ship) for my daughter (child), but despite following people's advice on where I should go and find them, none panned out (fox).

Oh, and the coffin card predicted that I was going to be suffering from a headache today, and I am!

A kite is sort of coffin-shaped, too...

I can't contribute any examples as I haven't had any happen, and since a daily draw never worked for me with tarot, I haven't tried it with Lenormand. Maybe I will for a while. Does a single card work with Lenormand or does it need to be a pair, or three cards?

Sharla

My literal one is ....man + letter + bouquet...and it was infact....No i didn't get a bunch of flowers brought to me by a handsome male.....it was a message from my male friend who sent me a bouquet emoji :laugh:

Also in a recent GT i got rider in the house of (rider) + tree in the house of (clover) + moon in the house of (ship) so this was a guy who comes to visit me at night rider (rider) & moon (ship), and then tree in the house of (clover) was him who wanted to stay...tree, and in the house of (clover) was me who wanted him to go.

Padma

I can't contribute any examples as I haven't had any happen, and since a daily draw never worked for me with tarot, I haven't tried it with Lenormand. Maybe I will for a while. Does a single card work with Lenormand or does it need to be a pair, or three cards?

Usually two or three, but one card will give you a theme for the day...