Celtic Shaman's Pack

wytchwood

I recently acquired the Celtic Shaman's pack by John Matthews and Chesca Potter. It's got wonderful images, but for some reason, they are printed very small on the cards. Otherwise, it seems like an interesting deck, but I'm not too sure about the structure of it. It seems more suitable for contemplation than readings. Has anyone got one? If so how have you made use of yours?

Also, I have one which has both the backs and the fronts printed way off centre.

Zoe

firefrost

Zoe, where did you buy it from? I've looked at mine, and the images are bigger, there's no room for them to be way off centre.

It may be a good idea to email where you bought them from and ask about a replacement.

Hope this helps

Hils

firefrost

More image and smaller writing would be good, yes, but I still don't see how these could get way off centre.

Hils

Bat Chicken

I have the Celtic Shaman's Pack which was renamed and re-released as the Celtic Oracle with new art. The new one has bigger cards and a full colour book. Unfortunately the new art is less interesting than the original!

Sidhe-Ra

This is a beautiful deck, but really not for divination- I would suggest that there are many other choices out there if that is what you want. But if you want something for pathworking and meditation and to deeper your understanding of the Celtic Shaman's path, then it's spot on.

I often will draw a card to show me either where i am in life and on my path, or what powers are around me or coming into my life, or what lesson I need to focus on.

They can also be used in Shamanic work or ritual to draw in and invoke the powers represented on the cards.

There are only a very few copies of the original deck available- I dropped off the last couple of boxes of them with John and Caitlin at the weekend as they had run out, so get it while you can! (I still have a few). It is almost definite that none of Chesca's work will be reprinted, which is a terrible shame.

Blessings,

Em xx

rachelcat

Sidhe-Ra said:
There are only a very few copies of the original deck available- I dropped off the last couple of boxes of them with John and Caitlin at the weekend as they had run out, so get it while you can! (I still have a few). It is almost definite that none of Chesca's work will be reprinted, which is a terrible shame.

Hi, Em!

1. I got the Celtic Oracle re-do and it's quite nice. As mentioned, not really an oracle, though . . .

2. Is there a way I can get one of the "last couple"? Should I go to the Matthews' site?

3. Why will none of her work be reprinted? (I am just nosy, I guess, but since you seem to know why, is it shareable?) I agree it is a terrible shame, especially since I'm guessing there will be no Greenwood in my future . . .

WolfSpirit

Hi rachelcat,

just saw your post - since Sidhe-Ra has not responded yet (at least not in this thread), I think you can go here to order a copy:

http://www.hallowquest.org.uk/ordermainframe.htm

Hope this helps :)

I also have the original Celtic Shaman's Pack and I love most of the images; it's a pity they are so small (as already mentioned) but in a way I like them better than the Greenwood because they are so much more colourful.
I only have the deck for the artwork really, I would not know how to use it as the system behind it seems quite complicated and I have not really had the time and opportunity to delve into it (not sure if I would either).

rachelcat

Hey, thanks WolfSpirit! I'm over there now working out the exchange rate! They are lovely!

Aerin

I've just got a set with the Chesca Potter cards on ebay, I was the only bidder (maybe because the seller didn't highlight the link with the Greenwood). There's also a copy up there for £60!!!!! which I did NOT pay.

I am hoping the set will arrive soon.

I'm pleased because with Chesca Potter's 'disappearance' it doesn't look like a reprint of the cards will be in the offing.

Aerin