Celtic Shaman's Pack

autumnsdaughter

I am so flabbergasted and thrilled!

A friend on another forum is sending me this deck, just completely out of the blue!!!

I offered her something in trade, but she refused, said that it is more a gift to give the Celtic Shaman Pack to someone who will treasure it!

I am soooo happy!!! :party:

:D:D:D

ilweran

6 Haunted Days said:
Did Matthews have to use another artist because Chesca Potter refused permission for a reprint? That's quite sad. I just can't comprehend how you can go back to being an xtian and one of those strict ones after you've been so heavily involved in paganism.....

On the Matthews website it says they wanted to use Chesca's art but couldn't get in touch with her to ask her. I guess even if they had she would have refused.

oak_woman

Well, the Matthews' must have been in close contact and collaboration with Chesca when the Celtic Shaman's Pack was first developed, so the fact that they couldn't get hold of her to ask her the second time speaks volumes in itself, I guess.

SolSionnach

Yes, the Matthews' website says that she's "disappeared". That sounds more like a cult than any normal Xtian denomination to me.

autumnsdaughter

What a tragedy. What a loss, to lose such a visionary artist. It really is a shame. Perhaps she will reappear at some point. One can always hope.

6 Haunted Days

That is a shame! Does sound very cultish. She's a great visionary artist, able to capture ideas, emotions, archetypes and energy in an unusual way. A rare gift.

I had no idea this set was OOP or that it was reprinted with a different artist. I see on Amazon they're going for $80 and that's only the book! I guess I did get a great deal getting a pristine set for just $10.

I love the artwork, it's resplendent and very very spiritual. Since I got it 2 days ago all I can do is look through the cards and get lost in the images.

I love it.

autumnsdaughter

I already have the second version of it, and while the art isn't bad, it isn't great either... the book is quite good, however.

I can't wait for my Celtic Shaman's Pack to get here!!!

Aerin

6 Haunted Days said:
That is a shame! Does sound very cultish. She's a great visionary artist, able to capture ideas, emotions, archetypes and energy in an unusual way. A rare gift.

I had no idea this set was OOP or that it was reprinted with a different artist. I see on Amazon they're going for $80 and that's only the book! I guess I did get a great deal getting a pristine set for just $10.

I love the artwork, it's resplendent and very very spiritual. Since I got it 2 days ago all I can do is look through the cards and get lost in the images.

I love it.

My set was £7.99 on e-bay, but battered. Cards are AOK though except one which has some marks that look as if they have been there from new. Like something got betwen card and laminate. The art is perfect though.

Aerin

Guiding Cauldron

wow

Thanks for the web site tip! i just got her online greenwood book i'm SO thrilled!

SolSionnach

6 Haunted Days said:

I love it.

Yeah, I was looking through it yesterday - very nice deck.
I had read on the Matthew's website that there were very few left, but it would be reprinted, but that it probably wouldn't be as nice. I got over to Amazon, and paid about $7 + shipping for mine. And to think, I was thinking of letting it go a couple months ago (in my deck-selling frenzy).