Switching from Rider to Thoth.

Zephyros

Just two things to look out for. The Duquette book uses the Golden Dawn Qabalah-Tarot system, and doesn't include the swap Crowley introduced for the Thoth. Also the Wang book is very useful, but his alignment of the RWS and Thoth courts Knights/Kings/Princes is all a mess and I'd argue completely wrong for a Thoth user. But both excellent books :)

... and just last night I read a sentence from Fortune saying "the Tree is a method of using the mind, not a body of knowledge." Attributions and personal interpretations may change, but I feel the important thing is not to get bogged down in dogma. These books may be the best known introductory texts, but in no way should anyone refer to them as the end-all. They do what they are meant to, get you going.

But that's just my opinion. :)

ETA: although if I may make a confession, I had a bias against Dion Fortune for a long time, just because of her name, which sounded like a Miss Cleo type pseudonym, fortune teller to the stars! But then I obviously found out I was wrong :)

ravenest

closrapexa;3398348 said:
although if I may make a confession, I had a bias against Dion Fortune for a long time, just because of her name, which sounded like a Miss Cleo type pseudonym, fortune teller to the stars! But then I obviously found out I was wrong :)[/I]

:) - like A.E. Waite (Waite-a-bit) ... ... ... he will get to the point soon ... ... ... :rolleyes: ... ... ... well, eventually ... ... ... ... :(

Dan S

thanks for the link to the Liber 777 text, ravenest!