Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 14 - #44

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 14
Number: 44

Symbol: ON THE BEACH, CHILDREN PLAY WHILE SHELLFISH GROPE AT THE EDGE OF THE WATER.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 14 is:

TAURUS 13 ~ A YOUNG COUPLE WALK DOWN MAIN-STREET, WINDOW-SHOPPING

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 14 is:

TAURUS 15 ~ A MAN WITH A SILK HAT, MUFFLED AGAINST THE COLD, BRAVES A STORM.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 14 is:

SCORPIO 14 ~ TELEPHONE LINESMEN AT WORK INSTALLING NEW CONNECTIONS.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 14 are:

LEO 14 ~ CHERUB-LIKE, A HUMAN SOUL WHISPERS INTO EVERY RECEPTIVE EAR, SEEKING TO MANIFEST.

SCORPIO 14 ~ TELEPHONE LINESMEN AT WORK INSTALLING NEW CONNECTIONS.

AQUARIUS 14 ~ A TRAIN ENTERING A TUNNEL.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 14 are:

CANCER 26 ~GUESTS ARE RELAXING IN THE LIBRARY OF A LUXURIOUS HOME.

LIBRA 8 ~ A BLAZING FIREPLACE IN A DESERTED HOME.

SAGITTARIUS 20 ~ IN WINTER PEOPLE ARE CUTTING ICE FROM A FROZEN POND, FOR SUMMER USE.

PISCES 2 ~ A SQUIRREL HIDING FROM HUNTERS.

Blessings
Elven x

tink27

This symbol reminded me of a quote by William Blake “to see a world in a grain of sand”

Children do at times tell us how to live simpler lives. Oh! My thoughts have gone to the Porter carrying the baggage, which is most likely emotional baggage. Children show us how to become lighter, clearer and more in touch with our essence self. Get rid of the baggage they say, you can have it back tomorrow. In saying that, I now believe that the children playing here could be of any age. When us adults are having fun, we never act our age.

Remembering the Moon card, I looked up shellfish, which represenst instinctive energy or the beginning of conscious growth. These little creatures understand the fluctuations and uncertainties of the sea - they stay close to shore. See Major Tom’s versions of the lobster in the Moon card. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=21461&page=2&pp=10&highlight=lobster

Most children fear these little creatures. One summer, my son was playing by the beach collecting clams. But one of the clams he picked was different. Curiosity got the best of him, and as his hand brought it closer to see, the shell wiggled and jiggled and out popped a crayfish! His screams could be heard everywhere! Needless to say, he chose to play on the sandy beach.

A day at the beach is an experience of innocence, surrender and of great compassion.

tink

MCsea

Dr M E Jones - Key Word Emergence (the becoming visible)

Element Mother of pearl
Discussion Known as Nacre, mother of pearl is a naturally occuring calcium carbonate secreted by mollusks (shellfish). Iridescent, it is highly valued by many cultures and used in jewellry and inlays mainly. Mother of Pearl can attract prosperity, and intensify intuition and creativity. It is said to be highly protective and a particularly potent stone of protection for children. Simply this element is the sabian symbol and its energy in a very obvious way.

Solar Fire - Part of Body: True vocal cords

Lynda HIll from www.sabiansymbols.com says - You may find your approach to something that has been troubling you emerging from a very basic perspective and developing, through stages, to an understandable conclusion. Get on with your own activities and enjoy life and nature. Try taking some time out by the water and interact with others there. An insight into your problem is likely to be found with the coming and going of the tide.
Being self-sufficient and looking after one's own affairs. A realizing of a sense of at-one-ment with all forms of life. Peaceful coexistence amongst beings on different levels of evolution. Having a live and let live attitude.
The Caution: Meddling in people's lives. Restriction of play. Being distracted.

Yes a symbol that has the beach mermaid energy, happy days the SUN (tarot and symbolic GOODNESS) sand - sands of time, and oysters (yum) the time has come the walrus said to speak of many things (Alice in wonderland) a really NICE sybmol, Id choose this for one of my sybmols IF I COULD have ;)

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 361