POLL: New Forum Section?

Would you like a new forum section for historical speculations?

• Yes, a 6th section for speculation in history and philosophy

Votes: 47 64.4%
  • No. Historical Research should relax its standards and welcome all ideas.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • No. Keep standards in His Res; speculation can be addressed in Talking Tarot

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I either don't know or don't care.

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters

Richard

Let's just forget about a new forum. After all this mess, I've totally lost interest. "Let the Wookie win."

gregory

Let's just forget about a new forum. After all this mess, I've totally lost interest. "Let the Wookie win."

I want Rosanne to win. I have wanted her to ever since she first came up with the idea. As she first presented it, it was a great idea. Since all the "discussion" (for want of a better word) it has come to be seen as inflammatory or something - but what Rosanne asked for so long ago was entirely reasonable. She (and many others, including me) had been modded in HR for not offering proof, and moved out of talking tarot for not talking decks many times. There needs to be somewhere between. The Twilight Land...

Laura Borealis

I am still all for it, myself. I don't care if it's in HR, or if the rules for TT were just relaxed to include history topics. I'd just like a place for speculative discussion.

Teheuti

I am still all for it, myself. I don't care if it's in HR, or if the rules for TT were just relaxed to include history topics. I'd just like a place for speculative discussion.
I totally agree. I thought Solandia was going to do something about this when she got back from her travels?

Richard

There's always Talking Tarot, but there is a danger of guilt by association with all the amusing nonsense with which that forum is burdened.

Teheuti

There's always Talking Tarot, but there is a danger of guilt by association with all the amusing nonsense with which that forum is burdened.
Several of us have had our more historical or deck associated comments moved out of this section in the past.

gregory

I totally agree. I thought Solandia was going to do something about this when she got back from her travels?
I think all the arguing may have put her off. I wouldn't blame her.

It IS by definition more CARDSy...

Laura Borealis

TT = Talking Tarot :) Sorry for abbreviating, I should have been more clear.

Richard

Several of us have had our more historical or deck associated comments moved out of this section in the past.
I have had posts in HR modded (via PM) by non-moderators. That can be annoying too. I didn't know that about TT.