Readings for teenagers/young adults

CornissMagorniss

Nicely put. The first people I read for were my own teenaged kids, and they quickly had their friends begging me for readings. I don't think anyone was overly sensitive or overly impressionable. I am always shocked that they take my readings so seriously, since they would never listen to what I have to say otherwise!
I also emphasize that I am not telling them anything they do not already know themselves on some level, and that one of the main things we learn from tarot is how to access our own inner knowledge.

OaksWhispering

This question is a bit funny to me. It's like when someone asks me if I like kids; well some are great but there are others I would rather keep away from! Everyone is different. There are going to be those who walk around like they are in a haze and don't take things seriously, and there are going to be those who hang on your every word during a reading. There will even be some who take the reading seriously and then forget about it in a week (can you remember a time where you saw a movie that inspired you, and you vowed to change your ways but it didn't really stick?) I have only crossed the threshold into "adulthood" so I can say that some teens are sensitive and some are not - just like real people.
My advice on reading for anyone, is get better at reading people's personalities, and then do the reading accordingly. Because everyone is different, I think it is best to tailor your readings to that specific person. Some do well with tough love, straight to the point answers, and some need analogies.
Most importantly, follow your instincts.