Underwear for Decks!

Glitterbird

NorthernTigress said:
Actually, I thought of some type of weird trade. "You give me your undies, I'll give you a deck." A whole you level of I'd Do Anything for That.

Yeah that's what I was thinking also!!:D

celticnoodle

chrissydogz said:
am i the only one who conjured up images of a tarot deck dancing around in underwear after reading the title of this thread?
:p

no, when i saw the title to this thread, i was wondering how in the world gd could get decks secure in underwear?! :D

Baroli

My male decks don't use socks,....like sleepin' nakey. And everything stays right where it is. Safe and secure. ROFL,...

kisou

Haha I immediately thought of a deck "dancing" around on the table with a pair of tighty whities.

But as for using a sock, I'm all for it! I've kept digital cameras, iPods, and for sure decks in socks.

The look on people's faces when I take the deck out of my purse in its sock is always funny <3

greatdane

AHHHH, ATers....gotta love ya!

Somehow you're all having waaay more fun with this topic than I thought you would LOL!

Le Fanu, here in the States, don't know about other places as have only bought here, women can get these kind of slinky, stretchy dress black socks that are shaped more like a tube, no real heel to them. There is a seam along the bottom where the toes go. So it's really just like a sleek, stretchy tube one can trip the top off (mine didn't fray or anything) to whatever length and then fold top over or whatever or not even trim, just knot and throw in a bag. Works like a dream however one uses it.

For the rest of you, my, what vivid imaginations you all have! LOL

SarahRacheal

Like short stockings?

Lillie

Pop socks?

Don't they just snag and ladder like tights do?

greatdane

Hi SarahRacheal!

I get mine at any dept. type store. They usually are on little hanger things or in packets. Usually they are two to three pair. I like nice ones, but on sale I can get quite inexpensively (maybe five dollars for one packet, not on sale can be up to twelve for the really nice slinky ones). One can pull them up just under knee, some are shorter. NOT super sheer or anything, these you can cut and they won't run. Generally, I see them in blacks or grays, as these are dressier.

ncharge

greatdane said:
I get mine at any dept. type store. They usually are on little hanger things or in packets. Usually they are two to three pair. I like nice ones, but on sale I can get quite inexpensively (maybe five dollars for one packet, not on sale can be up to twelve for the really nice slinky ones). One can pull them up just under knee, some are shorter. NOT super sheer or anything, these you can cut and they won't run. Generally, I see them in blacks or grays, as these are dressier.

They are usually marked as "Trouser Socks". Here is a link for the Leggs brand, which probably have fairly thin fabric:
http://www.leggs.com/landing.aspx?colId=24

If you hit the "where to buy" tab, you can see the list of stores that carry them - everything from megastores like Target to grocery stores like Harris Teeter.

greatdane

Thanks Ncharge!

The L'eggs brand is, I believe, too thin and more like panty hose. The kind I use are more like stretchy, dressy sleek fabric. If they're too thin, they snag too easily. But I believe you're quite right and they are a trouser sock. I have several pair of different brands and as it's summer here and HOT, don't have to worry about wearing for a few months! I have taken some of my old pairs and am making underwear for my decks that need to go into bags! They look like little black "bricks" once they're snugly encased in these tubes! Quite a nice presentation actually. And now when I pull the cards from a bag, they look much nicer than just a mass of cards, they're in this slightly shiny, lovely "brick"!