How do you store your cards?

gregory

Excuse me - the room was not added to the house for my collection - it is my so's study. We did add the room and some of my stuff which was in the way is now stashed there. But it is indeed the case that I have a dedicated tarotorium. There are photos here somewhere but I'm on holiday on a tablet and can't face looking for the thread.

This link may work, but I am having issues with copy/paste..

https://m.flickr.com/photos/furrytarot/sets/72157618423955236/

It isn't quite like that now but it gives an idea.

Cocobird55

I have several wicker baskets, and keep my cards in them. Some of the baskets are for a particular type of deck or artist.

My favorite desks are also stored in specially bought bags for them. Those go in a separate basket.

Morwenna

I have a wooden box I bought secondhand, about 12" x 7" x 7", which holds 18 decks standing on end (about half my tuck-boxed collection). Boxed sets are on bookshelves, and the rest of the tuck-boxed decks (and those that have lost their boxes) are in a zippered tote bag with my other divination materials; the search is on for another box. Lenormands and other oracles are just piled up; I need a box for them too.

Dark Victory '39

of late, i do the china cabinet thing too. tho as it gets a lot of sunlight each deck has been treated to a bag. (i store the boxes and lwb separately in the closet, unless for whatever reason i'm bonded to the lwb, which v. rarely happens). however, i also have five decks i keep in bags in my bedroom on my dresser.

khatsar

I only really use 3 of my decks and I keep those on my bed (under or near my pillow) or in my computer bag, unboxed. The rest are in their boxes, in storage with other stuff I never unpacked. I should probably look into a container of some sort soon. Lovely suggestions here.

Tigerangel

I store mine in those boxes you can buy flat pack from household stores and then you just assemble it by using the snap buttons on it, I keep it on my bedside table and have made a box to store my shadowscapes tarot, and a made a smaller one to store my lenormand that I use regularly.
Thinking about getting a bookshelf though as my collection is not to large at the moment and should fit on a few bookshelfs nicely.

Philistine

I did up a Victorian study, stuffed with Renaissance Revival and Aesthetic movement furniture and knick knacks, so the tarot decks seemed a natural fit there. Sounds a bit like Gregory's tarotorium idea: a whole room dedicated to the arcane!

Years ago I stumbled on a slew of those fake books with the hidey-hole compartments inside, and they are just snazzy for stowing my cards. I don't like bags (not my bag, baby), but I keep each deck inside its own "book" with a sort of talisman. For example, one deck resides with a packet of XX gold leaf left over from my arts-n'-crafts days; my Pierre Madenié 1709 is tucked away with a pair of metal rattles from New Year's Eve 2000; my knockabout RWS from 25 years ago is with a set of keys from my first car.

When I run out of secret compartment books, I have a massive stash of cheap and interesting boxes from junk stores and flea marketing. Boxes are one of my other obsessions. . . .

Desecrated

I just keep them in the boxes they come in. And then they are all on the same shelf as my books about tarot.