Dancers, (cups), so far...

Sidhe-Ra

Hi everyone!

Work on the Sidhe has slowed down a little, due to other projects, but just to prove I'm still beavering away, here are the dancers,(cups), so far...

http://ecarding.photosite.com/Album4/

Just finished dancer four today- figured I may as well, since no lyrics, which i'm supposed to be doing, are coming to me! Makes no sense to sit rubbing my head and doing nothing :)

If any of you have feedback or questions, that's always nice :)

Much love and blessings to all,

Em x

jackdaw*

Beautiful! Love the Two, and the Four is perfect!

Little Baron

The Two is just how I feel it should be.

Lovely colours.

Saw your majors only version at the weekend. Helvetica showed me. Look so much nicer in reality.

Congrats Sidhe-Ra.

LB

The Hanged Man

Hi Sidhe-ra.

I find your work enchanting and sensitive. Very nice indeed. I love your concept having Cups as Dancers, and each card depicting a different kind of dancer rather than a number of objects. I love these kinds of ideas, which are very much along the lines that I am thinking about in creating my own deck.

I wonder. Do you listen to music as you create the art for these cards? I ask this because one thing I like to do artistically, is listen to a piece of music, absorb it, and then 'translate' it, into colours and forms via my fingers. I suppose it is an attempt to turn sound into vision.

Also, when you put your cards on here for display, do you never worry about having your ideas robbed? I only ask this because personally, I have hestated to express my wealth of original ideas for my own Tarot on here, for fear of having my ideas stolen and then someone beating me to creating the deck, which would be nothing short of devastating! Despite this I would love to share my ideas with people, but I daren't!

Congratulations, lovely work!

x

FantasyWorld

Oooh.......I love them all!
My fav's are 2 and 4:love:

Blessings,
Alanna

Little Baron

Can you not get your work copyrightedd in some way before displaying HM? I don't know much about that, but I am sure there are ways of protecting it prior to showing. Maybe it is worth a thread in the creation forums as I am sure people will know what to do there, from experience.

And of course, we would like to see it. I am not so sure about the copyright of ideas though. I have had a few ideas but have kept them to myself until I actually do something about them.

But the cards are looking great Sidhe-Ra. And as I said, the actual product is even more seductive in person.

LB

Sidhe-Ra

Dancer Five

Thank you everyone for you lovely comments!

As far as copyright goes,(touch wood), I think I'm pretty safe. firstly, the majors has already been published, so no worries there. Secondly, I'd be very suprised if anyone could steal my idea and complete it before me! Plus, they wouldn't be in tune with the energies, so it'd be bobbins. And thirdly, my partner is a partner in a big London law firm. okay, so it's a shipping law firm, but I tend to not worry! We would be able to kick serious legal bootie ;)

Anyway, another rainy day today, so another painting- dancer five- 'Where Loss Resides is done: http://preview.ecarding.photosite.com/~photos/tn/3708577_1024.ts1156443421078.jpg

Now to dancer six- an interesting one, as the Sidhe are so long lived, can move outside time, and rarely have children. This is going to pose a challenge...:)

Blessings,

Em x

The Hanged Man

Beautiful, love the light shining through the clouds.

Silver_Skye

These are absolutely beautiful. The coloring is stunning. :)

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you hanged man and silver skye! :) xxx