study group application ~ sun, moon & ASC

Keslynn

I am a Leo sun with a Leo moon and Sagittarius rising. Overall, I would say that this means that my outside image meshes fairly well (trines) my basic personality (sun). Also, my deeper emotions (moon) are the same as my basic personality. Overall, this makes me a very fiery person, which I am. I am quick to throw myself into things and quick to burn out. The only thing I haven't really burnt out on is spiritual and occult studies. This is probably because of my Sagittarius ascendant and the fact that my sun and moon (and most other of my planets) are in the eighth house (sex, death and the occult). This also leads to my personal identity being very tied in with spirituality and the "metaphysical." I tend to come off as laid back (Sag) but then hitting the Leo is like a brick wall of pure stubborness. *lol* It can be an unpleasant surprise. There's also the Leo tendency for delusions of grandeur. I tend to be outgoing as well which I think is due to all that fire in my chart.

Hmmm. That's all I can really think of now.

:) Kes

Moongold

Mmmmm

My Sun in Sagittarius (12th House), Moon in Pisces (3rd House) Ascendant (Capricorn in 1st House) seem to balance each other out. In fact, Capricorn really grounds me. I'd be quite off the air without it, I think. The 12th House is a spiritual place, the 1st house is the house of self and the 3rd House is the immediate environment or community. I've always been on the outer edges in my immediate community - initially family and work. Being gay is the manifestation of that. Eccentric gay makes it a little more challenging.

There are fire, earth and water signs involved but they're not connected in anyway at all significant. Two mutable and one fixed sign.

I am an introvert with fairly intense feelings which burn me up sometimes (LOL). That's the Sag. in 12th in conjunction with a few other planets like Jupiter, Mercury and Uranus. In fact aspects with the other planets seem more important than the inter-relationshio between my Sun, Moon and Ascendant.

The latter three seem to say what the foundations are but the main impact on these comes from the relationships with other planets.

It all seems to be coming together in mid-life, which is rather nice actually.

No sure if that makes sense.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Oi! You're right, Pollux, dear Isthmus was *not* paying attn! Mars conj Sun - cripes, man you certainly must have a *presence*. But darling, I'm right w/you w/my Mars conj ASC! Raaaaaaaar! Ok, you can be psychotic, and I'll just be a fruitcake w/my kooky Aqu ideals and sexy Scorpian Uranus ^_~

Heeeeeeeey, Saturn in Libra is a great placement. Like you said, he's exalted in the heavenly balances! I've the same placement, we must be somewhat close to each other in age... (unless you're *really* old jk! ) Now, if you really learn how to work that opposition, you will be a force to reckon with! Saturn in Libra, Pluto and the squaring Venus suggest a need to learn how to play nicely w/the other children Pollux!!! ;)

wow, that is really nice to hear about the accuracy, allibee! Okay, I'll reply more to your post later (and others) but my friends have just buzzed me. Cheers!

(oh my, I'm in quite the good mood now that exams are *finished*!!!)

lunalafey

Well, here on EARTH

My Sun, Moon and ASC. are all in earth signs. People say how down to earth I am. I am a HUGH fan of Mother Nature. The Sun and Moon are both in Capricorn, I believe this to be the reason for my serious nature, the physical appearance of non-emotion. BUT this combination leads to putting all the thoughts an emotions out of the sight of others. The goats ambition is fueled by both the ego of the sun and the emotion of the moon, no conflict there, twice the drive? I'm a Virgo ACS. to top it off. Here is the part of me that can sit on that goat hill for days on end and never speak to a single person and be totally content in doing it.
Now all this together is screaming practicallity. I live on very little money and still I get to put some away. I'm not cheap but very conservitive in spending. I don't need much to be content, just the things that are practical and reasonable.
also...I'm not afraid of WORK...

allibee

I for one will look forward to that very much Isthmus, but don't get too much of a hangover from your post exam celebrations!

If it helps you, I added an edit to my last post

allibee

isthmus nekoi

Royal Cat: Sun Scorpio and ASC Leo are an interesting combo. Scorps like to be private, secretive while Leos are all about bravado and showmanship. Chatty and social Gemini works well w/the Leo ASC, but again, Scorps don't like being so open! I'd say that yeah, most ppl probably only get to know the open friendly you, and are probably surprized by a underlying Scorpian intensity! Those who get to know the Scorp you will find that you are actually very loyal and closely tied to family and roots.

allibee: to see if you have a grand trine, look at your water planets. If they are all at the same degree, or very similar, (ie. 11 in Cancer, 14 in Scorp, 13 in Pisces) then you've got one! You have a nice amount of soft aspects in your chart. Trines and sextiles are deemed the 'easiest' ones, these things just come.... but then again, they can also denote a laxity on the native's part b/c they've never had to work hard for those things. I'd look though at astro's chart to see how wide the aspects are b/c astrodienst tends to allow for *very wide* orbs!! Up to 10 degrees in some cases! Generally, the wider the orb, the weaker it is.
MCs are the highest point of a chart. ASC/DC are the horizon. Yes, it "happens" when you are born, just like the positions of the planets. This is usually the angle connected w/goals and career.
The predominance of Neptune and Pluto to personal planets plus the concentration of water suggests that your emotions are very profound. Spirituality and depth of feeling is something you are comfortable with. Watch out for that Mars conj Pluto if it's a tight orb, it packs a punch!! (not necessarily in a bad way. How it plays out depends on where it is, other aspects etc)

Keslynn: yes, those are very harmonious :)

Moongold: happy belated birthday! Yes, those would strike a good balance b/w practicality and spirituality! I think that Pisces moon and Cappy sun might have their differences. Pisces 3rd moon is very sensitive and desires to communicate this, while Cap ASC wants to keep a stiff upper lip. Perhaps when you were younger you sometimes came off unexpectedly emotional? Moon and Sun seem to get along better, seeing as how Sun is in Pisces' house of 12th.

lunalafey: you must be an excellent worker!!!! Detail conscious and efficient Virgo plus ambitious Capricorn get on very well on the job scene. However, like you said, you might have difficulties expressing strong emotions or entertaining impracticalities. Although I don't think you come off as an ice queen, impersonable... I'd expect that more from air signs (like me ^_~)!

allibee

Thank you isthmus, very enlightening :)

allibee

allibee

Interestingly, my daughter - the hormonal Scorpion, hehehe - has her Sun, Moon, Mercury and Mars all in her 10th house.
Her Moon, Mercury and Mars are all within 4 degrees of one another in Libra as is her MC, whilst her ASC is Sagittarius, and her Venus, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are all in her 1st house.

allibee

Royal Cat

isthmus nekoi said:
Royal Cat: Sun Scorpio and ASC Leo are an interesting combo. Scorps like to be private, secretive while Leos are all about bravado and showmanship. Chatty and social Gemini works well w/the Leo ASC, but again, Scorps don't like being so open! I'd say that yeah, most ppl probably only get to know the open friendly you, and are probably surprized by a underlying Scorpian intensity! Those who get to know the Scorp you will find that you are actually very loyal and closely tied to family and roots.

Wow, thanks Isthmus! This is very interesting and accurate. I think the combination of Scorpio and Gemini helps me to be a little bit more open to change and flexible then a Scorpio without Gemini might be. And I think having Leo probably helps "brighten me up" and keep me out of the gloom and doom behavior that Scorpio's can be fall into. Without Leo asc. I doubt I would've ever had the ambition or interest in opening my own business. Gemini with Scorpio equals a rather dualistic personality - close friends know a different "me" then acquaintances know. I have a lot of Scorpio traits and Scorp intensity... but I keep them hidden from all but a few people - a good scorp knows how to keep secrets hidden.

I recently had a mini handwriting analysis done and, after comparing my handwriting with my signature, the first thing the guy said was: that I come across as very open and friendly, pleasant to talk with... but then after people leave they realize they still don't know anything about me. Here they have spent a half hour talking to me and telling me all about themselves, chatting away... and I'm just smiling and listening instead of sharing. I don't volunteer a lot until I know someone better. I'm quite content to leave my life a mystery.
"Four people knew the very me,
Four is enough, so let it be;
For the rest I make no chart,
There are no highroads to my heart
(Poet Sara Teasdale, "A Reply")

Can you tell me anything more about Gemini in the Eleventh house? I'm still trying to understand that better... how the house or planet affects each sign.

Thanks Isthmus!

Moongold

Arroyo: Guidelines to understanding the essentials of the birth chart

Isthmus,

I purchased this book this morning and, yes, it does look very interesting and simple. Perhaps it's more suitable for a beginner than Forsyth.

His analysis of Capricorn ascending is very interesting. In fact, all his interpretations seem to be more thoughtful and a little deeper than Forsyth's. I can understand your comment about Pisces Moon conflicting with Cap. ascendant.

The cartoons are wonderful as well.

The process of understanding certainly gets more unteresting. Thanks for your help.

Moongold