Similar decks to the Playing Card Oracle?

Bhavana

Did everyone get their little mini PCO's yet? Mine arrived practically the next day....can't wait to hear what you all think. I've been using mine almost exclusively.

garmonbozia

Did everyone get their little mini PCO's yet? Mine arrived practically the next day....can't wait to hear what you all think. I've been using mine almost exclusively.

I got mine! It's great.

Although it appears that the other deck I ordered with it did not ship, and I still got the full shipping price added to the price of the PCO deck. Online it says my order is completed, so I wonder if the other deck is out of stock and was canceled? If so, US Games never sent me an email letting me know that.

moon

I got mine. It's so cute :) When I got the vintage deck I felt kind of afraid to use it, I guess. It seemed so fragile. Now I'm ready to dive in. First reading was brutally accurate, lol.

kalliope

I'm so glad that these are back in stock, and that everyone can finally get one! :D

Bhavana

Just found what looks to be a boxless Keys to the Kingdom deck for under $20 - let me know if interested, I can tell you where! (book included)

garmonbozia

Ana Cortez's blog about her new deck:
http://anacortez.com/blog/

Her main page has a youtube video that does not yet play (you get a message saying "this video is private") and an icon for Kickstarter saying "click here" that does not work. Looks like this is going to be initially funded as a Kickstarter campaign. I searched the site and it is not listed there yet.

The samples of the artwork on this page look great:
http://anacortez.com/

I wish the painting of The Fawn was for sale....not that I could probably afford it, but that would be a great one to have.

Bhavana

Thanks for posting all of this - but, I couldn't get any of the links to work either. I can't find it on Kickstarter.

What is the deal with these types of decks? Who actually publishes and prints them - or is kickstarter just a money raising thing? I am wondering about the quality - the only deck I ever bought that started out with one of these fundraisers was the latest Alchemical (which I love, but think is slightly lacking in quality for the price)

I am not in love with CJ Freeman's work - some of it I don't like at all. But I do find it compelling, and often pretty disturbing. It grows on you. I am dying to get my hands on this deck!!

garmonbozia

I think the links to Kickstarter from her website work now. I found it this morning by searching for "Book of Knowing" and I was the first lucky backer!

Kickstarter is just a money raising thing. The printer/publisher is all up to the artist. It sounds to me like she is planning on something similar to her vintage PCO deck, but with a box, which is always a plus for me.

What this completed project will look like:

This will be a 54-card deck based on the construction of the playing deck: 4 suits (diamonds, clubs, hearts, and spades), 13 cards in each suit (Ace thru King), and 4 court cards in each suit (10's are illustrated as "Lady" cards, so you will find a balance between male and female within the court). Plus 2 jokers.

EVERY CARD WILL BE ILLUSTRATED with an image from one of these original oils.

Cards will be oversized. The plan is to make them 3 inches wide x 4.5 inches tall. (Two decks fit in one flat-rate mailer!)

Minimal embellishment. Card number, suit sign, and name will be added, but where possible, image borders will go all the way to the edges of the card. Unusual in modern illustrated decks!

Printed on heavy weight playing card stock, with durable linen finish to emulate the look of the original canvas.

They will arrive in a sturdy lidded box, beautiful to keep your cards in or other keepsakes.

Color guide booklet included in the box, giving meanings of each card plus ideas on some simple ways to start using and enjoying these cards and instructions for original layouts based on the lunar calendar! *

Bhavana

sounds like the cardstock will be better than on her vintage deck. Not so crazy about the large size - though it sounds like the cards will be just a little wider than the full size PCO, same length. So I guess that is not so bad. The really bad part is having to wait till November!!