The Story behind the K & C "Hexerey" Thoth Deck.

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
"today's date is 01/01/1970"

the two ladies setting up their Thoth booth next to the grilled Bratwurst stall...
Such a wonderful justaposition ...

photokat

I'd love to hear your impressions of the deck.

Some of you have already received it, would like to know what you think of them especially in comparison to the standard Thoth versions ....

Kimberlee

I've received mine, and I love it! It is very small, literally fits in the palm of my hand. :D

The colors are indeed more intense, but not overpoweringly so. Richer and fuller colors, so it may block some minute details (but since it's such a small deck, you'd have a hard time seeing them anyway).

The cardstock isn't the best in the world, but looks durable. There were a few perforation nubs on mine, but nothing serious, just not pristine. Also, and this just may be my eyes playing tricks on me, there is slightly different shades to the card backs.

Overall, I am very, very pleased with my lil Thoth! :D A great addition to the collection, and even more special with the back story.

Thanks so much for sharing these with us photokat!

~Kimberlee

yirabeth

Well, okay, first of all I have to say this IS my first Thoth deck. So, take what I say with a grain of salt...

This is a small deck, smaller than a deck of playing cards but not as small as a deck from Lo Scarabeo (only thing I know to compare with hehe) The card corners aren't even, some are cut shorter than others. I think on closer inspection you can see this in the pictures Photokat posted. It doesn't hurt the cards though, they don't seem to stick due to it and I imagine would shuffle well enough. So not really a huge detriment.

Our lovely Cardlady22 sent me some links to the deck because I mentioned I didn't know this deck and don't speak German, so was afraid to shuffle because of it. So I was able to compare to that, which I realize isn't necessarily going to be really TRUE...but. It does seem that these cards are MUCH brighter in color. It made the scans at Taroteca seem a bit washed out... Although I think the smaller size is somewhat detrimental to detail. I do realize that's a personal opinion - and perhaps I could wear my glasses!

All in all, I'm very pleased to have gotten this deck -- it has a really cool backstory, and it's a sweet little deck with pictures that intrigue me and make me think I'll have to add a larger Thoth to my wish list :)

~Yira

Nydia

My deck also has different shades on the card backs. The shades are random. The shades don't correspond to the different colored borders. I like the different colored borders and the card backs with the Hexerey symbol. The size is nice, not too small. This deck is beautiful with the darker colors. The US Games purple box Thoth looks washed out compared to this. I especially like the vibrant red of the Wands. I agree that details are harder to see. I think it's a combination of the small size and the darker colors. I don't think the details are blurry, though.

photokat

Yes! The backs have a funny range of shades of black, I also tried to figure out if they correspond to the border color but they don't.

Another mystery yet to be solved ; )

Wendywu

I love the richer colours in the K&C Thoth ...

Maskelyne

Photokat,

Isn't it against forum rules, or at least common decency to tickle the want gland like that? Love the color saturation.

David