Revelation Fortune Cards

Rhinemaiden

I recently bought a vintage set of Revelation Fortune Telling Playing Cards, copyright 1919, by U.S. Playing Card Company, with a non-reversible blue "menorah" back. This is a deck of poker size playing cards, with fortunes printed top and bottom. My deck is truly vintage, soft as a well-worn glove, and I wouldn't dream of shuffling the cards. There were no instructions, but I've done research online and found instructions elsewhere. I've sorted my deck into suits, I shuffle a standard Bicycle playing card deck, draw 3 cards, then pull the corresponding cards from the Revelation deck to read my fortune. Each Revelation card also contains a number in a circle... red numbers are positive, black are negative. Subtract the negative from the positive to determine the overall strength of the reading.

Does anyone else have the Revelation cards? How are you using them?

U.S. Playing Card Company also published the Nile Fortune Cards, sphinx back, copyright 1904, with fortunes on 4 sides. Anyone have this deck?

RichardG

68X NILE FORTUNE TELLING CARDS

I am very tempted to purchase one of the Nile decks.
It's so interesting that there is NO room for interpretation with the Nile cards - one spread, your fortune is predicted by sentences printed around the edges of the cards...and that's that!

Then 5 years later along comes the RWS Tarot - overflowing with symbols and subtlety - and nothing BUT interpretation!
Everything left to a blending of the reader's esoteric knowledge and intuitive capacities.

A 1900's example of Science vs Art. Maybe I just find the history interesting.
I'm guessing that most querents will still only want to know whether the boyfriend is cheating.....

I watching A Nile deck in superb condition at present - but unfortunately it doesn't have the instruction booklet.
(I mean would you buy a RWS without a LWB?)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201120555984?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

MR GREEN

Hi Rhinemaiden Have you seen the Kadar deck its a new deck based on the old world charm of the fortune tellers fair ground. Sorry cant as yet give you a url. but if google Kadar playing cards you will find them Mr Green.

Rhinemaiden

Sounds interesting, I'll look for it, thanks! :D

Glass Owl

Hi Rhinemaiden Have you seen the Kadar deck its a new deck based on the old world charm of the fortune tellers fair ground. Sorry cant as yet give you a url. but if google Kadar playing cards you will find them Mr Green.

There are two threads here about the Kadar playing cards:
Kadar deck
Kadar deck (2)