Anyone tried blind reading of event charts?

RohanMenon

I've been issued a (very friendly) challenge, where the challenger would provide me charts of prominent events with date, place etc removed. I have to figure out the 'core nature' of the event, ideally the event itself. Once I've given my answer, the challenger will tell me what the event was.

It is all in good fun (the challenger is a friend), and I'm just a beginner in astrology, so I fully expect I won't get anywhere, but I was wondering, if you (as someone with more experience than me) had to do such 'blind reading', how would you go about it?

Fwiw, I am going with dadsnook's basic approach, focusing on angular factors, partile aspects, and then throwing in some house/sign symbolism, and then taking a leap of intuition. I think my friend is using a tropical zodiac (I prefer the Fagan Allen Sidereal zodiac) so there's that. At the least, this should be a fun exercise, and good training in chart reading.

Anyone ever did something like this, perhaps in your early days, for training?

Thanks in advance,

[1]Sure, one can reverse engineer the date by looking up positions of slow moving planets in an ephemeris, but since this is a game, cheating makes no sense, I've agreed not to do that.

CosmicBeing

You could always request the charts in the format you are most comfortable with.

I tried some transit readings.. have 1 more person on the waiting list.

I did it blind.. I didn't ask them anything personal. The feedback sounded like it was good.

I haven't tried it for world events.. I figure that might be something called Mundane astrology or something like that.

Give it a go...I like jumping into the deep end and seeing if I sink or swim. If I start sinking or I drown..I got 9 lives :p

dadsnook2000

Blind readings are common in some situations

As an author who has written books on Solar Returns and on Moon-to-Sun Returns, I often find it appropriate to do readings on several of the web-sites that I am active in. This provides interesting chart interpretations and demonstrates the methods which I promote. I consider it as 'advertising.' As for the results, I typically receive comments expressing amazement and confirmation.

However, you have to realize that I pick the charts and methods that I use. I just use the event date and place, along with the natal data. It should also be noted that I stay within the nature of the chart -- I don't make wild predictions or extreme observations that are not supported by the charts. These charts and responses typically require only 10 or 15 minutes of my time.

For serious work I would not offer blind readings. If a client can't help with some background and confirm some situations that I can use to check the accuracy of their chart, then I provide a reading.

RohanMenon

Thanks Cosmic Being, dadsnook,

Yes, CB these are events for world events. I figure I should be able to at least recognize the dominant planetary symbolism in the chart, even if my guess at the concrete detail of the event is wrong.

I know some of the basic symbolism of planets, signs, aspects, and houses, but I am very bad at sytematically delineating a given chart. I'm looking for a systematic procedure. Meanwhile I base my 'interpretations' on angular planets and partile aspects - an approach I stole from dadsnook (Thank You) and the Fagan siderealists.

CosmicBeing

Yes, CB these are events for world events. I figure I should be able to at least recognize the dominant planetary symbolism in the chart, even if my guess at the concrete detail of the event is wrong.

I know some of the basic symbolism of planets, signs, aspects, and houses, but I am very bad at sytematically delineating a given chart. I'm looking for a systematic procedure. Meanwhile I base my 'interpretations' on angular planets and partile angles - an approach I stole from dadsnook (Thank You) and the Fagan siderealists.

I'm still a newbie...

This is the thread I did it on... http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=258970

I didn't put their chart up so their private information could stay private.

I don't really know Mundane Astrology all to well. I at least never tried it.

My issue is still learning the aspects. So I could still miss some themes in a situation...so that's why I am still like "take it with a grain of salt."

Well I hope you do amazing. Let me know how it went.

I heard one astrologer say... to really know how well the promises of someone's chart will be... you have to look at the country's astrological chart of where they are living/residing to truly know if it can happen.

Obviously people can still advance in a country that is not the wealthiest or in the best position socioeconomic situation.

RohanMenon

Very nice, CB

Are you still doing this? I could send you my birth data as a PM if you are (and provide feedback on what you get right and wrong), and want to practice.

If you are not, no worries. (I notice the thread ended in 2015).

CosmicBeing

Are you still doing this? I could send you my birth data as a PM if you are (and provide feedback on what you get right and wrong), and want to practice.

If you are not, no worries. (I notice the thread ended in 2015).

I opened the thread just 4 days ago.

If you are interested in seeing what transits may come up I don't mind adding you to the waiting list.

I have one person ahead of you. So if you don't mind waiting a week to week & half for yours to be posted.

All your info will be private..I'll send you the chart privately as well as your data will be deleted.

I'm still a newbies so whatever I say take it with a gran of salt until the time passes.

RohanMenon

ok, CB, i sent you a PM with my birth data

Take your time. No hurry at all.
Thanks in advance.

RohanMenon

My friend revealed the chart

which was (one of a few possibilities for) the destruction of Pompeii (to recreate on Solar Fire, 24 August 0079 Pompei. Italy: 14:00 hours Ascendant = 11 degrees Sagittarius using Tropical Zodiac).

I came up with this (reading blind, I got the chart without any date/place info) using dadsnook's method of taking just the angular planets and partile aspects (as I said, I am very new to astrology) then throwing in some sign/midpoints etc at the end.

"The prominent features of this chart are
1. Moon rising - conjunct ascendant-, with Lord of Ascendant Jupiter in 6th
2. Mars conjunct IC, conjunct TSN
3. Sun/Pluto opposition on 3th-9th
4. Nodes on 4-10 with aspects from both Jupiter and Saturn (so historic moment?)
5. Fire element prominent (asc + sun + moon + mars in fire signs)
6. Direct Midpoint : Uranus = Saturn/Mars

Interpretation:
An act of violence. some kind of riot, explosion, or
assassination of a public figure, causing massive shock in the populace.
"

which is pretty decent I think, given that I was reading blind.

I even got a mental picture of large masses of people running helter skelter in panic, and a huge *tsunami* but for some reason my mind was visualizing New York, so I toned that picture down to "riot" in the interpretation above. If I had "seen" fire instead of water, I might even have guessed the event correctly. But this is intuiton, not astrology. I think I'm very very low grade-ly psychic. Might be interesting to see if birthchart shows this.

My friend, who has decades of experience in astrology is delighted.

My reaction : Holy $&$& this stuff works. For real! (I don't really take astrology very seriously - yet - so this was quite a shock- i had close to zero faith in my interpretation)

I think this is a good way to learn chart interpretation. First understand the bare basics - planets-houses-aspect-signs, then be thrown into deep waters of blind chart interpretation, with someone feeding you good charts. Stressful, but effective

Minderwiz

Good Reading!!

As you mention there's more than one date suggested for the destruction. There's a very good case for the destruction being in November and a reading of Pliny's letter on the destruction does give a date of November 23rd.. see

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pompeii

The chart for that day, same time has Aries rising and Mars just in Pisces. The Lord of Sect is the Sun and that has just fallen into the eighth. There are other factors too but Lord 1 in the twelfth is not a good sign at all. Neither is the lord of Sect badly placed.

The problem is the timing, especially as the eruption or series of eruptions began on August 24th though again the time is not precisely known. Nevertheless more than one chart can show the flow of events and the exercise is well worth the effort.