Oracle of The Week 2-24-13

DragonFae

In addition to my work with the General Oracles Study Group I am embarking on a Oracle of the Week journey. With so many decks to explore I feel like I need to set up some type of rotation system that allows me to explore each deck. While the General Oracles Study is meant to add some "depth" to knowledge of a particular deck or decks. The Oracle of the Week is a short term exploration (which of course adds knowledge also).

I've noticed others doing the Deck of the Month or Deck of the Week approach so I thought I'd give it a whirl. If you would like to join in...feel free to post in this thread the deck you will be working with for the week and any things you discover while working with it. Will try to start a new thread each week...or if someone else gets to it before me...that's good also.

DragonFae

Animal Spirits Knowledge Cards

My Deck of the Week isn't actually a deck in the true sense of the word. I will be exploring the Animal Spirit Knowledge cards. This deck has some lovely animal images and on the back of each card is a short summary of information about that animal, as well as, some words associated with the animal. This deck is several years old.

I read a review of this deck, in which the person said the deck is not for divination purposes but rather for meditation. I can see that a full reading with these might be hard but I'm going to try pulling one when I read with other cards this week while asking which animal has something to add to the reading.

I've posted a picture of the deck at my blog.

http://lenormandquest.blogspot.com/2013/02/deck-of-week_24.html

DragonFae

Card: Dog

The card I'm looking at today is The Dog.

The dog is about devotion, protection, service.

The description is mostly about ways dogs have served as sacrifice for the greater good of master or a group.

A dog is a faithful companion. So the card might also represent a good friend or frinedship.

2dogs

I had a good look at the Nature-Speak Oracle over the last week. The book divides the cards into four groups of fifteen cards each by the themes of Landscapes, Flowers, Trees and Seasons / Climates. I found the Landscapes and Seasons / Climates (weather) cards the easiest to understand; Flowers and Trees have less obvious meanings for me. The cards in each group also divided up fairly easily into sets of three when examined more closely. Quite a few of them were good for stimulating memories and feelings, and I like the idea of attaching more meaning to what I see around me in nature so I've now got tne author's birds and animals decks on order. :cool3: