Bohemian Gothic - 7 of Wands

Dancing Bear

The image in this card disturbs me the most, dont like the looks of him !!

So i thought i would face my fear and study him a little..

To me, he is just amusing the crowd, as he is keeping up appearances LOL!
His victory is effortless really,even though he seems to be out numbered, is he mocking them?
Gruesome looking creature really and i definately wouldnt like to bump into him in a dark alley way..what evil deed has he been up to to make the crowd get angry LOL!

Nothing more to say on this character yet, I will study him more i think

Master_Margarita

Oh, I love this little guy!

I think of him as the beast in me. I haven't read the companion book's entry on him yet, but I am looking forward to doing so. The book for this deck is just excellent.

HearthCricket

I feel very similar to you! While he is certainly demonic and not a pretty face, by any means, he has almost a mocking, humorous look on his face. We see the wands of people below him, as though a crowd has gathered and wishes to take over the castle (or whatever he is in) but not only are they out of reach but he playfully takes out another instrument, far more destructive than theirs and prepares to break their wands. No fair play, here. He mocks, he jests, one wonders if he is keeping someone hostage in his fortress, or is he alone and the town simply wants to destroy him or chase him out of town. Needless to say, he doesn't fear the crowd, and staring in our own eyes, he doesn't fear us, either. It is a very defeating card in a reading!

firefrost

I can't figure this out. If he's defending his territory then he's not going to get very far as he is. Having said that , I wonder if he's a vampire with dawn approaching and the crowd have got the upper hand because he can't get back inside due to the attack?

I'm not sure on this one.

6 Haunted Days

He certainly bears no resemblance to a vampire. More or nasty troll or demon.

I 1st got the impression he's the beast that comes out from within when you're defending yourself, your views etc, or loved ones. Anger, rage perhaps made manifest in this card.

Then again if he is some powerful dark creature, why does he need to hang out a window fighting with a mace? Interesting things to ponder. Because he's mocking them?

firefrost

In my Carpathian books vampires can change themselves to any form, including demons.

I don't care if they are just story books - it's still a valid idea as far as I'm concerned.

HearthCricket

It is my understanding that in study groups, we learn to appreciate the different views of each "student" or reader to see how they perceive the card, symbolism and such. There is no right or wrong answers, and I hope that knowing this people can enjoy sharing their own descriptions without judgement from others. :) Let's play nicely!

6 Haunted Days

firefrost said:
In my Carpathian books vampires can change themselves to any form, including demons.

I don't care if they are just story books - it's still a valid idea as far as I'm concerned.

I was simply going by the history and mythologies of the vampire/lycanthropy in my thinking, not fiction. I suppose then, anything in any card could be a vampire.

I'm searching how this card has meaning for me in a reading, not as in what part of a horror story am I looking at type viewpoint.

Promise

The goblin-looking creature in the card really doesn't scare me at all. More than anything, I almost pity him, and at the same time, I feel like I can relate a lot to him. Ever felt like you KNOW you could win if everyone would just stop ganging up on you? That's kinda what I feel like when I look at this card.

Sure, he's outnumbered, but he doesn't look very afraid to me. He looks more like he's relishing the challenge of it all, and looking forward to proving them wrong, that strength doesn't always lie in numbers. He looks like he's been in this same position many times before, and he's pretty familiar with the drill.

But that's supposing that the crowd were the ones that started it...

Let's suppose, for a minute, that the creature was, in fact, the one that started it all. Wouldn't that mean he's just showing off? If he knew he could win, despite being outnumbered and out-sticked, isn't he just using them as examples, to prove his own strengths? Part of me expects him to change forms all of a sudden and wreak havoc on all those bearing sticks against him. In this sense, he DOES scare me.

firefrost

6 Haunted Days said:
I was simply going by the history and mythologies of the vampire/lycanthropy in my thinking, not fiction. I suppose then, anything in any card could be a vampire.

Yes, as you yourself wondered of the woman in the Strength card. Fiction? Facts?

It's how the card talks to you that counts.