REVERSALS: The Pages Reversed

Thirteen

Pages can symboize children, or very youthful folk, or people who are very new at something and just starting at it, whatever it may be. They are appentices, newbies. The energy of the suit they carry is in the "earth stage" meaning that it's rather like a seed planted in the ground. Very physical.

Likewise, pages can stand for messages, as that is what pages did: carry messages. E-mails, gossip, telephone calls, a letter.

So we have two ways to examine our pages reversed. First, negative aspects:

Page/Swords: Upright, our page sword is a chatty newcomer, interested in just about everything, fully of fresh new ideas and the desire to learn; he may be something of a story teller. He's also clever and likely very good with the computer.

Negative qualities (reversed qualities) include lying, gossiping, and being a know-it-all. He may spread stories about people, say inappropriate things, waste his time on the computer in chat rooms, etc. Do not, under any circumstances, trust this person with a secret. He/she won't keep it.

If upright and not a person, this card is about messages reflecting legal matters, solutions to problems, amusing stories. If reversed, they may well be messages that contain malicious gossip, inaccurate stories, news of illness or negative legal matters.

Page/Wands: Upright, our page wands is an energetic, atheletic newcomer who won't sit still. He/she is cheerful, warm, ready to help or come to the rescue, even if, being new, he/she doesn't quite know what to do.

Reversed, this Page can be a bully, using their strength and mean temper to get their way. Also a show-off, demanding that everyone pay attention to them. This is the new guy who will take credit for another's work in order to get the promotion.

If upright and not a person, this card is about messages regarding travel, spirituality, show-biz, career moves and leadership positions and party invitations. Reversed these messages are likely to be negatives in regards to this--no, you can't go on that trip, or sorry, you didn't get that job you wanted, or some other actress got the lead part. Also messages regarding problems with a party you might be throwing.

Page/Cups: Upright, this card is about a very sensitive and gentle newcomer, one with the soul of a poet. Deeply imagnative and empathetic, he/she will really care about your opinion and try hard to please you.

Reverse this card and our newcomer is someone who is hard to motivate. They're sad all the time and they'll bring your mood down with them. This is the apprentice who does his work but grudgingly, as if wondering what the point was. They may also weep and cry way too easily and over nothing--dealing with them is hard as you have to walk on eggshells.

If not a person, the upright Page/Cups relates to love letters and messages from your loving family. Reverse this an you can expect sad messages, word of break-ups, divorce, infidelity, alchoholism, drugs. The romance or family in trouble.

Page/Pents: Upright, the Page/Pents is a very hardworking newcomer. They don't talk much and they're not very social, but they are honest, diligent, organized. They're also clever with their hands and able to fix things. Also a health nut.

Reversed our Page/Pents is one of those new guys who cares too much about money ("Will we be getting overtime?" he'll always ask when you want him to do more). Go out to coffee with him and he will insist on separate checks. He pays only his share. Likewise, his area is his area. Don't step into his cubical, don't touch anything. If not asked to do something, he won't do it. Very unhelpful.

If not a person, Page/Pents can be a message regarding money, business affairs, good news about health or luck, winning the lottery even. Reversed and you get the negatives--bad news about money, business, health...and you didn't win the lottery or if you did, you have to pay a lot of taxes.

Other thoughts?

star-lover

page of cups r
awkward expressing feelings
someone who has feelings for someone but just can't bring themselves to express them out of shyness, fear of rejection, self-consciousness, denial or whatever and therefore ties themselves up in knots as a result
emotional angst leading to outburst of feelings in inappropriate ways elsewhere - temper tantrums

also in general bottling up of feelings
reminds me of a sensitive caring child who is bullied at school and doesnt tell anyone and the parents dont know what is going on and why they have moods and are unhappy

Lady Orchard

I think of the Page of Swords as a young warrior with courage, so reversed, it could be somebody who pushes their endurance to the limits, maybe for fame and fortune. somebody like david blaine for example.

page of pents RX as well as being obsessed with money, could be a young person obssessed with other physical matters - could be a young person with an eating disorder.

Thirteen

Great thoughts. I think you guys did better with the pages than I did.

Lady Orchard said:
I think of the Page of Swords as a young warrior with courage, so reversed, it could be somebody who pushes their endurance to the limits, maybe for fame and fortune. somebody like david blaine for example.
Or, more likely, a person who hides their fear with a lot of boatful words. But I think that the young warrior aspect here is more the Knights. Pages are Earth--handling "pentacles" and physical matters (do this, do that!). Knights are air--and handling the "swords."

tink27

Page of Pentacles reversed

I've seen this reversal as a child who has trouble learning from others or who himself has learning problems. They also seem to rebel against parents, teachers, education, disregarding other's point of view.

tink.

Thirteen

tink27 said:
I've seen this reversal as a child who has trouble learning from others or who himself has learning problems. They also seem to rebel against parents, teachers, education, disregarding other's point of view.
Nice point. Likely all reversed Pages are problem children in one way or another. Pentacle Courts are stubborn people and a reveresed pentacle page would be one likely to, as you say, disregard others p.o.v.

Anja

Page of Pentacles RX

Another thing that I'd like to add to the Page of Pentacles is that I always see them as losing interest in things. They might have really been into something, whether it be a relationship, work, whatever, they just simply lost interest. Also, I see them as being easily distracted and this could be because they totally don't have interest in whatever captivated them before. This goes along with learning problems. The learning problems for kids could stem from no interest, not able to concentrate due to not caring. Any thoughts on this?

***Thirteen*** I love how you have gone thru the reversals. Thank you for taking the time and posting everything. I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Anja

jojojo

Thirteen said:
Page/Swords if not a person, reversed, they may well be messages that contain malicious gossip, inaccurate stories, news of illness or negative legal matters.
I can confirm that this is so very true. I haven't pulled cards for myself for ages but was feeling rather sorry for myself having just returned from hospital after surgery. And guess what ONE card I pulled...Page of Swords reversed...so there was my news of illness.....I pulled one further card for the future and pulled the star - so there's my healing.

gorgeousbutterfly

Anja said:
Another thing that I'd like to add to the Page of Pentacles is that I always see them as losing interest in things. They might have really been into something, whether it be a relationship, work, whatever, they just simply lost interest. Also, I see them as being easily distracted and this could be because they totally don't have interest in whatever captivated them before. This goes along with learning problems. The learning problems for kids could stem from no interest, not able to concentrate due to not caring. Any thoughts on this?

***Thirteen*** I love how you have gone thru the reversals. Thank you for taking the time and posting everything. I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Anja

that is very accurate. i got this card once and you described my experienced perfectly.

peacefulsk8r

I am a bit confused- a person i was doing a reading on got the page of wands reversed....yet the card I was reading for was for what the person's "strengths" are?? That makes no sense...from what I have read on the rest of this post, the Page of Wands Reversed is supposed to be a negative or mean spirited person. So how can this be considered this person's strength??

The only thought I had was that they push themselves to the limit, like one of the other posters mentioned.

Thank you!