Horary Dabble

Bonny

Hi there,

Inspired by Tarot Quest, Cosmic Being & Minderwiz with super adventures into horary analysis, I thought I'd try too.

I asked 'will c and I be dating by April'?

Hmm... not sure where to start now...

Do we write out the measurements of the planets that appear on the picture (attached)?
And from those, start to consider distances and Angles?

Such interesting deductive practices!

B:)

Attachments

• IMG_4748.jpg
    IMG_4748.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 167

Minderwiz

The first thing you have to do, is to decide which houses are relevant to the question. For a relationship question, that's the first and the seventh houses. You would normally do this before casting the chart. Once you've made your choice you cast the chart

Secondly you have to check whether the chart is radical. There re a number of considerations to look at. One of which is that if an early or late degree of a sign is rising, there could well be problems. The most obvious ones being that it's too early, or too late to answer the question. With this chart you have 1 degree of Sagittarius rising so it doesn't meet the criterion. That's OK if the querent (person asking the question) is very young, sometimes it indicates an attempt to test the astrologer but most often the matter hasn't reached a point where the question needs to be asked.

Thirdly, if you decided to proceed further you'd have to examine which signs are on the cusps of these two houses. In this case Sagittarius (ruler Jupiter) and Gemini (ruler Mercury). As the person asking the question you take the first house (unless you have no direct involvement in the question, for example asking on behalf of someone else) in which case, the person you asked for for takes the first. Usually it will be you and your significator becomes the ruler of the first. So in this case you are signified by Jupiter.

In a relationship question, the person asked about takes the seventh and they are signified by the ruler of the seventh, in this case Mercury.

The analysis revolves around looking to see if these two significators are forming an aspect and that aspect will be their next one.

It's a two stage process, firstly checking the essential dignities of the two planets in terms of their chart placement. This gives an indication of the power they have to act on the matter. Secondly you check their placement in the chart to see if it's a good one and if that aspect is forming. In this case Jupiter is in Libra and Retrograde, Mercury is in Pisces. There's no aspect forming but Mercury is in the sign of Jupiter, which indicates that C is interested in you. This chart was cast after sundown. There's a dignity called Triplicity, relating to the element nature of the signs. Jupiter is in an Air sign, and it so happens that Mercury rules the Air triplicity after sundown. so you have an interest in C (that simply confirms your direct interest shown by asking the question).

So two people who are interested in each other, but no aspect between Libra and Pisces, so at the moment, no evidence for the matter going as you hope.

Thereafter you would look at the Moon and how it relates to Mercury, as the Moon is your co-significator. It's a similar procedure. In this case it looks like Moon in Taurus is applying to Mercury in Pisces y sextile, so now it seems that there is contact evidence as well as interest evidence. So it's looking good for that date. You also need to consider what your current relationship is. Have you already met and shown some mutual interest. If so the chart seems to fit. On the other hand if C is someone you saw on a bus, then you'd have to have stronger evidence than we have here. In other words you have to be realistic. A chart might seem to support wishful thinking but that doesn't mean that it will happen. If you've met, the situation is far more likely to develop. The same would hold for a Tarot reading.

If you want to get into Horary, you need a good program. Traditionl Morinus is ideal and it's free. you can download it from

https://sites.google.com/site/tradmorinus/morinus

It does come with a basic ephemeris but if you are likely to cast charts for 50 or 60 years ago it's best to also download and install the Swiss Ephemeris (instructions are on the web page).

Bonny

The first thing you have to do, is to decide which houses are relevant to the question. For a relationship question, that's the first and the seventh houses. You would normally do this before casting the chart. Once you've made your choice you cast the chart

Secondly you have to check whether the chart is radical. There re a number of considerations to look at. One of which is that if an early or late degree of a sign is rising, there could well be problems. The most obvious ones being that it's too early, or too late to answer the question. With this chart you have 1 degree of Sagittarius rising so it doesn't meet the criterion. That's OK if the querent (person asking the question) is very young, sometimes it indicates an attempt to test the astrologer but most often the matter hasn't reached a point where the question needs to be asked.

Thirdly, if you decided to proceed further you'd have to examine which signs are on the cusps of these two houses. In this case Sagittarius (ruler Jupiter) and Gemini (ruler Mercury). As the person asking the question you take the first house (unless you have no direct involvement in the question, for example asking on behalf of someone else) in which case, the person you asked for for takes the first. Usually it will be you and your significator becomes the ruler of the first. So in this case you are signified by Jupiter.

In a relationship question, the person asked about takes the seventh and they are signified by the ruler of the seventh, in this case Mercury.

The analysis revolves around looking to see if these two significators are forming an aspect and that aspect will be their next one.

It's a two stage process, firstly checking the essential dignities of the two planets in terms of their chart placement. This gives an indication of the power they have to act on the matter. Secondly you check their placement in the chart to see if it's a good one and if that aspect is forming. In this case Jupiter is in Libra and Retrograde, Mercury is in Pisces. There's no aspect forming but Mercury is in the sign of Jupiter, which indicates that C is interested in you. This chart was cast after sundown. There's a dignity called Triplicity, relating to the element nature of the signs. Jupiter is in an Air sign, and it so happens that Mercury rules the Air triplicity after sundown. so you have an interest in C (that simply confirms your direct interest shown by asking the question).

So two people who are interested in each other, but no aspect between Libra and Pisces, so at the moment, no evidence for the matter going as you hope.

Thereafter you would look at the Moon and how it relates to Mercury, as the Moon is your co-significator. It's a similar procedure. In this case it looks like Moon in Taurus is applying to Mercury in Pisces y sextile, so now it seems that there is contact evidence as well as interest evidence. So it's looking good for that date. You also need to consider what your current relationship is. Have you already met and shown some mutual interest. If so the chart seems to fit. On the other hand if C is someone you saw on a bus, then you'd have to have stronger evidence than we have here. In other words you have to be realistic. A chart might seem to support wishful thinking but that doesn't mean that it will happen. If you've met, the situation is far more likely to develop. The same would hold for a Tarot reading.

If you want to get into Horary, you need a good program. Traditionl Morinus is ideal and it's free. you can download it from

https://sites.google.com/site/tradmorinus/morinus

It does come with a basic ephemeris but if you are likely to cast charts for 50 or 60 years ago it's best to also download and install the Swiss Ephemeris (instructions are on the web page).

Hi Minderwiz,

Thanks so much!!!

These are excellent points and I will take notés to try to step into these. I am seeing the overall process. Thank you for highlighting what to look for. I will need to research what the planets etc are too.

Yes, C and I have already had a serious rship. We work together. The triplicity function you mention seems to be an 'air' combination on my part re the interest meaning it is something I think about a lot, I'm guessing.

The Sagittarius / taurean influence sounds right. (Optimistic and earthy...?) or am I being too simplistic, in my associations?

Thanks VERY much,

Bonny :)