Decks You Wish They'd Make Already

baba-prague

Alice in Wonderland themed deck! Would be bloody great! Imagining Alice falling into the hole card, Mad Hatter tea party card etc...

I know theres already Alice Tarot (and I LOVE it!) but would love something newer with amazing images and stuffs too :D

I'm not sure if you've seen the Alice Tarot that we are working on or if it would fit the bill (or even the Bill The Lizard ;) ) - you can see cards in progress and some final cards here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.273081964122.142209.187206919122&type=3

merissa_88

I'd like there to be a tarot based on the Weekly World News.

Even though there are at least two Steampunk tarots, i'd like to see another one based on the video of "Eye of the Storm" by Ben Lovett.

Penthasilia

For a reality wish- the Star tarot, full 78 card version, and anything by Lynyrd Narciso, especially the Whispers deck.

For fun- I would love to see a tarot based on the Matrix movies- would be fabulous! :D

Egypt Urnash

for me it is a lenticular deck. One orientation showing a 'regular' image.
Turn it 180 degrees so it is in effect a reversed card and you have a different image but related to the first. Could be a shadow image, reversed image, opposite interpretation - whatever.
This would make the 78 card deck in effect a 156 card deck but without having the extra bulk. Also, those who do like using reversals would have something of more substance.

oh god if I ever make a second deck I am TOTALLY going to investigate the feasibility of doing that. Admittedly the likelihood of that happening is PRETTY LOW right now but you never know.

shadowdancer

oh god if I ever make a second deck I am TOTALLY going to investigate the feasibility of doing that. Admittedly the likelihood of that happening is PRETTY LOW right now but you never know.

I am soooo hoping someone does. :) :)

My partner seems to think it is already possible to do this, but the technical explanation lost me at 'hello'. (He is an electronics architectural engineer and he often loses me at the hello stage...lol). And it would still be a regular thickness for a deck, as we have moved on from days where such imagery would have meant a thick piece of plastic. Just think how durable it would be in comparison to cardstock, although it does appear the lamination on a lot of decks these days would probably survive a nuclear attack along with cockroaches.

I am glad you are seeing the possibilities there. :) Can you imagine having two potential interpretations from one image, depending on which way it is orientated? Just had the thought of the 8 of cups as an example. The usual bog standard association of walking away from something, the flip side showing the same person refusing to leave even though the door is open to do so, or walking into something that should give cause for alarm bells.

For sure it is a lot of work for an artist due to doubling up of artwork/imagery, but for those who have heads swimming with ideas, and the willingness to take it on it really could pay off for them. There would be no other deck like it. Nor would it be a gimmick in my eyes. More a way of expanding the tarot system out of a stifling 78 card system into something that is more encompassing (if that makes sense).

And if you have a position in a spread that is to interpreted as a warning, the shadow / reverse / alternative imagery could come into play. How often does the sun or star appear in that position and you are scratching your head as to what it means?? Well, the answer may be there with this deck :)

I personally do not use reversals at the moment but if this did exist, I would be more than up for incorporating them in readings. And I hope I see thise deck in my lifetime.

Davina

bogiesan

More decks someone should create

Maybe these themes have have been mentionedin the 100 or so posts:
1. Bowling
2. Bridge/whist/poker
3. Bicycling
4. IKEA

Le Fanu

I just want to see a Thoth deck as it is illustrated in the Book of Thoth, with handwritten titles in the borders.

And an exact reproduction of the RWS, Pamela A Rose & Lillies backs.

Obviously too much to ask...

bogiesan

for me it is a lenticular deck. One orientation showing a 'regular' image.Turn it 180 degrees so it is in effect a reversed card and you have a different image but related to the first. Could be a shadow image, reversed image, opposite interpretation - whatever.This would make the 78 card deck in effect a 156 card deck but without having the extra bulk. Also, those who do like using reversals would have something of more substance.Now THAT I would buy, if the artwork was up to what I look for in a deck anyways. Being modern(ish) technology I would see this working well with a modern day themed deck. Something akin to a hybrid of Bright Idea and Silicon Dawn.
Will we ever see such a deck?? Maybe. Needs an artist who is willing to create that many images, and a publisher who can produce it whereby the cost is not prohibitive so as to make it unviable.

Of course, such a deck is easily imagined for use on the iPad or any other tablet that incorporates motion sensors in the hardware. An animated deck is also easily imagined. The challenge comes in creating 78 little films that are more than artisitc statements or examples of digital pyrotechnics but actually contribute to and advance the craft or enhance the reading experience for all parties.