Chakra Cross...an alternate Celtic Cross

linabeet

Fantastic.

Did this spread last night. It really rang true for me when reading it here so thought I'd give it a try. Such a great idea to bring the chakras into it.

My favourite aspect about it was that as I was shuffling and going through the different positions to familiarize I could feel them in relation to my body. Each card having a place of physical correspondace personalizes it very deeply. The connections made between the chakras are quite revealing as well. It threw me off a bit at first with the differences from the celtic cross in the first part, I want to work with it more to see how it would adapt. It gave me messages to ponder for some time. Highly recommended.

Thank you very much for sharing it.

Luminessence

I tried this spread out using my new Ancestral Path Tarot, and I thought it worked excellently :) If you'd like, I'll post my reading later.

Sillanza

I love this spread, Chronata. I think either of the halves of the spread stand nicely on their own, or could be used to augment another spread as well. Thanks so much for sharing!

starsongs

Chakra Cross Spread

I tried the spread too using the Tao Oracle, one of the decks you suggested...

Its a meaningful spread for sure and I love the way you included different options for the placements. The spread has a continuity that many don't so the inter-relatedness of the positions and cards could be more easily seen

Sillanza is right, either "half" could stand on its own, or they can both be used together like you intended..

awesome spread, Chronata..thanx for sharing it

starsongs

Chronata

I am just so happy that everyone here is enjoying this spread so much!

I knew it was something special when it came to me during one of my insomnia episodes!

One of the things that I always disliked about the regular Celtic Cross was the meanings behind the first couple of positions...
I never really understood what "crossing" meant...or really what the meanings behind the top and bottom cards were....

so I really wanted to have meanings that made more sense to me, and it looks like it makes sense to you as well!

I found out that I can't do this spread too many times for myself...or I will just keep getting the same messages!

But I have discovered that when I have a block, or I am feeling really emotional and I can't pinpoint the cause...this spread REALLY comes through for me!

Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback! :)

linabeet

I agree with the confusion on some of the celtic cross meanings. The way you've worded them here just make them fall right into place for me. I love it. I makes much more sense. I tried this spread for a friend as well with good results.

Thanks!

firecatpickles

I'm using this today -and I love CC and chakra spreads!

KK
:T2S

ArtemisOrange

Wowwowwow.

I just finished reading this spread for myself and the results were VERY illuminating, and not in positive ways. It revealed a TON of things that I was ignoring about myself, things I can and want to change. This was the first spread that I've used reversals (just because I didn't feel experienced enough until now) and they rang SO TRUE.

Every card was perfectly accurate, it was uncanny.

I read the chakra cards both ways as you described, both as chakras, and influences. When I came to the second reading of the 13th card, it was the reversed Empress, so for the "goal" read I flipped her upright. She *is* the kind of woman I want to, and can become.

Next I'm going to do a reading, probably Flowering of Desire, with the Empress pre-chosen, to see what I can do to get there.

Thank you SO much!

rwcarter

As I created it for someone else's YR thread that uses this spread, I thought I'd post the layout here. As far as I can tell from the original description, this is correct.

5.......1x2.......6.............8...........11

rainbowsmile

This is the only cross spread I use anymore. But I split it up. First I do the cross and give three clarifiers for 3,4,5,and 6. Then I move on to the chakra pillars.