"but you've already got a Tarot deck!"

nisaba

Starshower said:
A quick, semi-off-topic aside: What Road To Damascus incident converted a certain Opinionated Loudmouth of our aquaintance into this paradigm of peaceful, compliant, houseproud harmony that we now see before us?
<doubletake>

<adopts Neddy Seagoon's voice> Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat?

Haven't I *always* been sweet and mild?

nisaba

Umbrae said:
He was pleased when he saw this thread and asked me to give you his thanks. (actually he said, “Do be a dear and give her my love.” But you know – it’s just not like me to be like that…).
<cackle> Give him a hug from me when you next see him. I apologise from the bottom of my heart - on reflection, I understand that by confusing the two of you, I've managed to simultaneously insult *both* of you in one fell swoop. I'm good at insults, but that's special even from me. (You can PM me the photograph of the two of you hugging)

Starshower

<Affects innocent surprise>
Whatever made you think I was alluding to you, sweet Nisaba, dear?

Alta

ontopicontopicontopic

gregory

:|

SO - what deck SHALL be used to educate Mary ? Do we know more yet ?

Starshower

Sorry! <blushes.>

I need lots more than 1 Tarot deck just as I need more than 1 person in my life - they give me totally different things:
Intellectual. There are so many systems, themes, interpretations, ways of looking at life & its problems; even when using similar symbolic / allegorical / mythic structures.

Emotional. The colours, styles & general 'feel' of every deck enhance my mood or change it subtly, providing visual / intuitive expression of whatever is preoccupying me at the time, and often clarifying myself to myself.
I also find my many different decks immensley challenging or comforting in their various ways, according to my changing needs.

Philosophical. Isn't it endlessly fascinating to see how many apparently endless ways there can be to use & express the 78 windows of Life, The Universe & Everything?! Insights abound, & I learn something new every time I contemplate my cards.

Spiritual growth. Meditation & personal development of open-mindedness & open-heartedness outshine even traditional 'reading' to answer specific questions for me. I learn to see my world in ever-expanding ways.

Aesthetic. Obviously, the wonderful diversity of artwork, design, colour, shape, overall 'feel', sheer beauty & sometimes amazing expertise of the artists fill me with admiration & uplift my spirits.

There! Enough, enough, I hear people cry. I'm sure many of us love our many Tarot decks in all their rich diversity for just those reasons & more. :)

nisaba

Starshower said:
<Affects innocent surprise>
Whatever made you think I was alluding to you, sweet Nisaba, dear?
<puts on dark eye-makeup hurriedly> you forget I own several ...

<drumroll>

Tarot decks!

And to get this back on topic (do I hear an echo in here?), owning several of them is great. I can't believe Mary - visits a non-smoker, scatters cigarette butt all over the front lawn where they stick out like dogs' things, takes Tarot collectors shopping and tells 'em they only need one deck ...

<sigh>

I've got to thank everyone for participating, though, it's been so enjoyable!

Kreative-Dragon

I hope it's not too late to get my two sense in.

My Father was somewhat surprised when I bought my FIRST Tarot deck, let alone when I broke down and used my gas money to buy my second Deck. He was against it, but mom saw a couple of the cards and fell in love with it. Score one for her >.<

I was with one of my Youth leaders (The only one who knows about this new path in my life, and accepts it so freaking well it makes me cry), and was telling her about my newest purchase and some of the other ones I want. She looks at me and goes
"Why would you need more than one?"
I nodded to the Bible in her hand (I think this is her... 20th?)

best day ever XP

aranarose

It always start with one. Just one deck. I'll only get one deck. But ooh... that one's so pretty! And that one, it's all cats! Ooh, and goddesses! And I must, must, must have that one, too, because so-and-so read with it, and it was just spot on!

Yeah... everyone around me thinks I've flipped my lid to have a bookcase full of Tarot decks, but they put up with it, since that Tarot addiction is oh so useful when they want to know things...

nisaba

Kreative-Dragon said:
I hope it's not too late to get my two sense in.
Welcome, welcome!

She looks at me and goes
I nodded to the Bible in her hand (I think this is her... 20th?)

best day ever XP
<laughter> I get it! And unlike other books, those ones have the same words in the same order! At least all my Tarot decks have radically different artwork!