Sabian Symbols: Making your own symbols

Elven

Hi Everyone, Ive been a bit creative. Just thought I'd share Sunflowrs idea with the chips and the glass beads for Symbol readings...

Sunflowr said:
I made Sabian Symbol "chips" (out of wood. 12 of them the astrology symbols and 30 of them the numbers. Maybe I'll use those, but I am finding it hard to get answers that feel "right" when I use the chips. Almost like it prefers cards. (??) Is that even possible? Or is it just that I am getting used to a new way of getting the symbols? I didnt think it would really matter "how", as some even use the computer. Hmmmm

It thought that was a great idea making the chips. They sound wonderful! You inspired me to get my glass shaped beads and inscribe them with the symbol numbers. Its a bit of a crossed idea (from Chronata) as I have made a cloth which has the signs of the Zodiac on it. The numbered glass discs are dropped on to the cloth, and I read the interpretation if a disc lands on a Zodiac sign. I am trying this method out, with a few differnt designs for the cloth - Earth, Air, Fire , Water signs, and the reversal idea of the glass discs as signs and the cloth with the numbers. I am trying to incorporate the Caution if the bead lands reversed side up. I'll try some readings with other peoples to see how this goes.

But I have just ordered some blank cards as well. I really love the feel of shuffling cards, and the ritual with the Symbols.

Many blessings
Elven x

sunflowr

Elven said:
Hi Everyone, Ive been a bit creative. Just thought I'd share Sunflowrs idea with the chips and the glass beads for Symbol readings...

It thought that was a great idea making the chips. They sound wonderful! You inspired me to get my glass shaped beads and inscribe them with the symbol numbers. Its a bit of a crossed idea (from Chronata) as I have made a cloth which has the signs of the Zodiac on it. The numbered glass discs are dropped on to the cloth, and I read the interpretation if a disc lands on a Zodiac sign. I am trying this method out, with a few differnt designs for the cloth - Earth, Air, Fire , Water signs, and the reversal idea of the glass discs as signs and the cloth with the numbers. I am trying to incorporate the Caution if the bead lands reversed side up. I'll try some readings with other peoples to see how this goes.

But I have just ordered some blank cards as well. I really love the feel of shuffling cards, and the ritual with the Symbols.

Many blessings
Elven x

I might try some index cards next, too. :) But the chips are working out better than when I first started using them. I'm using them a bit like runes. Just pulling one out of a bag. Usually whichever one "jumps" into my hand. Easier than shuffling cards, to me anyway.

Can't wait to hear more about the glass beads!

sunflowr

Pipistrelle said:
I've been using the cards from the back of the book and have found them to be fine. If I had to make my own before I could start I would never start! ;)

I may just trim them very slightly to tidy up the perforated edges but otherwise, they suit their purpose well.

And Lynda, that the cardstock used for the cards is the only thing most of us would improve about your book is indeed a sign of a job well done! :)

Pip

I'm liking my chips. :) Feels a bit like "runes" when I pull them from their bags.

Elven

MmmWwwwHhhhAaaaahahahahah!!!!!
I got my blank cards today!!! 2 packets! Thats enought for 3.7142857 decks of Sabian Symbols!!! MMMWHHHHHHAAAhahahahahah!!!
*Elven hides cards under jumper, and skips off down hallway to the lab*

Blessings
Elven x:)

MCsea

Elven

WOW, I want to come play too!!

have fun in the lab ;)

Marina

Elven

LOL!!!!

I have Sabian Symbols everywhere!! :D

I thought I'd let yoou know about the new cards Im making too! :) One set of 360 cards. All labelled with the prompting words Ive chosen which I can bounce off!! This should help me read better in a spread situation, now Ive got the spread cloth sorted out a bit more.

The other cards (180) of them contain 2 Symbols each - the opposite symbol. So the 'upright card' is the card which has the words the right way up. The other symbol on the other half of the card is the facing the other way. Each half of every card has the writing the wrong way around. So this is the opposing aspect. I havent tried reading with this system in a spread yet, but I did this because Im not used to the symbols opposite sign and always have to have a quick glance at my notes! But its easier to choose from 180 cards too. Im just working out a shuffling message and a spread that can be worked from them.

Keeping on the same sorta theme, I want to do this with 4 symbols per card - these are square cards - whereas the others are oblong, and a round set for the five pointed star!

Its alot of cardboard!! LOL!!!

So just to let you know whats happening!!

The 'Beads' are coming along nicely. MCsea - I still have to send you a set of large Astrological signs to ... Will pm you! :)

Many Blessings and happy Symbolling
Elven x

MCsea

WOW - Elven, these are great ideas, anything to make it
more simple to use.. and at the same time gain more insight!

This is all new, it is so exciting...

I bet you are busy!

I use the beads you sent to me and they work well..
I have found that I like to scatter them and then write that
symbol down and then scatter them all again...
I have to say they are always right!

Marina

Elven

Oh thats great MCsea!!!

Im really pleased!! As soon as I get the new cloths done I'll send you one - I still have one to send to sunflwr as well. Ive been making the boxes they go in - very slow at the moment. Im trying to find some inspiration - and chocolate isn't helping!! :D

Thats a great method to, Im so glad you like them!!:)

Many Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

I know this latest Mercury Retrograde has had a DEEP slowing down impact
on me too.. then this full moon in Aquarius I just feel frazzled!
Just thought of that show frazzle rock - hope I spelt that right.. I feel like them..

So manifesting inspiration and motivation for both of us in regard to the symbols!!

Marina

Elven

Amazing what you find at garage sales! :p

I found a set of copper reclangular shaped discs. I have been looking for these for ages .. or something similar! Set of fourteen - beautiful! Thats 12 zodiac symbols and 2 for mistakes ;) Now all I have to do is find another 30 round ones - Im going to engrave them and then do some enamelling! Hope this works!

I also found another set of wooden flowers that need a good sanding and painting - little ones and big ones - Sunflowers! how cute for Symbols !! :D

Blessings
Elven x