Suggestions for a Sabian Symbol Oracle Study Group.

Elven

Hi Everyone! :)

I would like to start a study group which looks at each Sabian Symbol and explore a little more how we can relate to them even further.

I know there are already threads for Daily Draws, Other than Daily Draws, Different sets of Symbols and Headings, Numbered Systems, Information on how to use them, different ways to make symbols ... theres lots.

But unlike the Tarot and other Oracles - tha Sabian Symbols have 360 'Cards' :bugeyed:

I was thinking possibly starting a thread for each Symbol (starting at Aries 1) and then maybe any insights into that Symbol can be discussed in that thread.

I understand there are also different interpretations of the original headings that Elsie Wheeler saw from different people - so maybe we could compile a list at the beginning of the thread to identify their sources -

Example:
Sign & Degree: Aries Degree 1
Number: One

credit the Author of the book you are reading or website you are using :)

Symbol: A WOMAN HAS RISEN OUT OF THE OCEAN, A SEAL IS EMBRACING HER.
Author: Dr Marc Edmund Jones - The Sabian Symbols in Astrology.

Symbol: A WOMAN HAS RISEN OUT OF THE OCEAN, A SEAL IS EMBRACING HER.
Author: Lynda Hill - The Sabian Symbols As An Oracle.

I think this Symbol represents ...........

The title of each thread could be something like:
Sabian Symbol Oracle: Aries 1.
Sabian Symbol Oracle: Aries 2.

This is just an example ;) - there are slight differences in some of the Symbol Headings - and the interpretations are different in the books.

Maybe you have your own Symbol interpretations or find this Symbol comes about at a certain time, maybe this symbol has a significance in your birth chart.

Its about discussing each individual Symbol I guess in all aspects.

Maybe we could have a Sabian Symbol reading Circle instead?
Any suggestions for that would be great too!! :p

Do you think the Symbols should be studied at random instead of in order?

What do you think - we may not get through all of them, but who knows, even if one was done a day it would take a ages, but it would leave a wealth of information about them that others could add to - for years :bugeyed:

So what do you think? How can we best study each Symbol? HELP!!! :p

Blessings
Elven x

Skydancer

Greetings!!

I like the idea - especially about using different sources. I have found 3 or 4 now.

I would like to participate, but I won't be able to post every day. So, whether they are in order or not will not matter to me. But, ... if not in order, as in Lynda's book for example, then how to determine in which order?

So - just pick an order, I say! Alphabetical even!! Or start with the current sign.

Will keep tabs on this thread and "talk" to you soon, then. :)

*S*

mooncat2

:) I'd be interested.............I love the Symbols.

I have a library book at present which gives a different version of Aries 1.

ARIES 1.

Symbol: A WOMAN RISES OUT OF WATER, A SEAL RISES AND EMBRACES HER.

Author: Lyn Birkbeck.............THE ASTROLOGICAL ORACLE

Skydancer

Oh my ~~ aNOTHER Symbols book!!

Let's see - that must make 4 or 5 now that I have either read or heard about. But it was Lynda's book that started me down this path. :)

Oh - with Elven's help!!

*S*

OH - should we just go ahead and start one? Maybe a catch-all for now:

Discussion: Sabian Symbols (and then add one of the 12 signs)

?

WhiteRaven

I don't have this Oracle ............yet!
But, I will most certainly be paying attention to the study group if it starts.

Which I hope it does....

~WR

Simone

I might also give it a go :)

I only have Lynda's book, but I might try getting into the symbols, meditating a little and try to add own thoughts?

Oh, and organisationwise, if we start the group, could you make an index, and I'd index the index in the index of indexes? ;) (hehe, done on purpose }) )

sunflowr

Let's do it, Elven! :)

Skydancer

Yeah .... what she said!! :)

S:OS

So - what's to be the first Symbol to discuss??

Elven

:bugeyed:

Whoops!! I went away for a few days and there are replies!!! YaY!!!

Thankyou everyone for the suggestions and encouragement!!

Well - I think Simones idea of putting up an index is great - this would help heaps!!

There are threads which have the Sabian Symbols on ATF:

Numerical Order - the Order 1 to 360 - this is a running number order.

Numerical Degree Order - 1 to 30 - for example - all the ones are listed, all the two's are listed, all the threes etc. and so on to 30.

Astrological Symbol & Numerical Order: Starting with Aries through to Pisces - each Symbol and the Degree: There are several versions of this as some headings are slightly different.

OK - this sounds great!!
Simone I will pm you on what might be the best way to start this - should we have an index with sun Signs and then we can find each degree or just running numbers or just a string of the complete Symbols? How will we find them again :bugeyed: LOL!!

Simone: Your beads can be used to choose your Symbols instead of cards too. Just ask your question - choose a Astrological bead from the bag (maybe eyes closed ;)) and then a numbered bead - put them together and you have your Symbol. (sorry if you already know this!!! - I just maybe misunderstood your post :))

Will just work out the finer details - it will be up soon :)

Blessings
Elven x

Skydancer

Simone has beads for the cards? I remember someone mentioning making these a while back and I just wanted to say that I purchased a bag of clear squarish shaped glass "beads" or better yet, globules!, this past Friday for this very purpose!! What better timing! :)

I plan to use 42 of them, 30 numbered and 12 astrological. I figure this will help with my learning the signs as I can never keep them straight. I don't even recognize which is what on tarot cards. At present, I use regular playing cards that I made up to be the Symbol numbers and signs. But didn't put the actual "sign" on them - Drawing them from a bag should come in handy now for both reasons!!

Later then ~
*S*