Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Sinduction 
Citizen

I changed mine after the first reading!!!

Of course, had the Transparent been at my house before then....

It's a party over here!!! Ok, I'm off to do another reading....
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #451
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

You see, and I knew that; as I have been following your blog! lol

I think I had changed it once and my edit got lost in the crash.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #452
Citizen

moderndayruth 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnsdaughter
Posted another reading- a quickie this time.
Lol - i posted a 12 cards quickie!
I did want to try The "Discover Yourself" Spread (Courtesy of AT's Lynny) and i am sooo off the many-cards spreads and than i didn't have the heart not to post the reading once i did pull out the cards... and that's how i ended up with oxymoron of '12 cards qiuckie'!
Meanwhile, i did another dream interpretation reading - i almost discarded that dream as i thought it wasn't such a big deal, yet all the four cards that came out were Major Arcanum!
I still have to post about it and i feel lazy...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #453
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Temporary change of PDR deck...
I'm going with the Faerie Tarot for a bit. I want to get back to Tarot for a few weeks with the Tarot Meetup coming up next week.
Almost feel like a traitor...

But the animals are always with me. I would drop all else for animals if I HAD to choose. Well... and the Fey Tarot.

I'm liking this Faerie deck more than I thought. It is very positive... but has some other elements to it. Haven't used it much yet.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #454
Citizen

Seafra 
Citizen

I chickened out of my Deck Interview. Crazy how we create our own fear. Was a good exercise in that I'll tell ya!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #455
Citizen

SherryZoned 
Citizen

SoulJourney--I have sent off a money order to get the pathfinder deck you have I was really impressed with it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #456
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryZoned
SoulJourney--I have sent off a money order to get the pathfinder deck you have I was really impressed with it.
PM and let me who you got it from if you don't mind. I think I want a back up of this deck.
If I can feel comfy enough with it by April I'm going to see what it takes to read at the PRS Psychic fair. Several people have told me I'm better than the Animal Totem guy that reads there. Well... we'll see.

Just posted another reading with the Faeries...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #457
Citizen

NorthernTigress 
Citizen

Added a new post to my blog. An overview of my Plays Well with Others experiment.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #458
Citizen

Asher 
Citizen

My webmaster has posted a technical update on my blog. Those who have subscribed, please read and bear with us as we make the transition.

Thanks very much for your support and your insightful comments!

Asher
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #459
Citizen

Gazel 
Citizen

When will I ever learn?

Oh. I just can't keep up with all you bussy bloggers ;o)
I'm afraid that I have to announce that I have to quit this PDR :o(. At least I have to be realistic and say that can't do it every week.
Starting job with two children again has just taking all my energy. Maybe I can do it once in a while.

I'm so sorry.
Will someone please remind me next time I join in such an interesting project here at AT? The same thing happened when I was at the IDS last summer :o(
When will I ever learn?

Some of you are still in my google reader, and I'll keep up reading your beautiful blogs, but honestly I have lost track of new participants.
KK - you can delete me from the participants list?
I'll still use the Alchemical though.

Love to you all. Learn, and enjoy yourselves when doing so.

G.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #460
Citizen

moderndayruth 
Citizen

Gazel, best of luck with your job!
Maybe you could find some middle way, so you won't quitt - like, pulling a weekly card? Quantity for sure does not mean quality and with Alchemical, i think, one card is sufficient food for thought for the whole week.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #461
Citizen

mooncat2 
Citizen

All the best, Gazel.

I've used the Magical Forest for my weekly journaling prompt post today.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #462
Citizen

cherylleebest 
Citizen

All the best to Gazel.

It occurred to me (funnily enough, after drawing the Fool as a daily reflection card), that I had posted photos of cards from my deck without seeking permission.

Anyway, I am now pleased to report that Amanda Hall of Simply Tarot has happily sanctioned my blog. I felt a rush of colour to my cheeks to think that she had read the "embarassing deck" post, but I'm sure that she will have read the other two posts about the deck and realised how much I have grown to love my "Simply"!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #463
Citizen

SherryZoned 
Citizen

Good luck Gazel and stay on.. Post when you can.. I know we all do not expect everyone to read our blogs...so no worries there..
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #464
Citizen

Essjay 
Citizen

Good luck Gazel!

Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #465
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

I've just posted my first reading with my Anna K.

Gazel, good luck!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #466
Citizen

Gazel 
Citizen

Thank you all for your greetings.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #467
Citizen

Purrfect 
Citizen

I wanted to say I wish everyone luck with this. I am following the thread but dont feel as a newbie it would be right for me to post my sketchy insights on a deck.I'm afraid of waffling and using short spreads.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #468
Citizen

moderndayruth 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect
I wanted to say I wish everyone luck with this. I am following the thread but dont feel as a newbie it would be right for me to post my sketchy insights on a deck.I'm afraid of waffling and using short spreads.
Oh c'mmon, Purrfect, i doubt that anyone of us actually hopes to get a Nobel prize for his/her PDR blog! Its a great way to learn, no one will judge your readings, guys here are supportive and willing to help out, so - jump in!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #469
Citizen

pangolin 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect
C'mon, consider joining us anyway. There's all level of expertise represented here, from newbie on up. You'd fit right in! And what's wrong with short spreads?! My favorites are 2 and 3 cards.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #470
Citizen

swimming in tarot 
Citizen

Purrrrrrrfect, I don't think I've ever shown my "private" readings or my conclusions to anyone for comments or criticism, before signing up on this. (I still haven't shown anything; new primary deck arriving today???) But we all have to start somewhere. Heck, cherylleebest says she'd never touched a tarot deck before a couple of months ago, yet she's bravely posting. Why not join for the fun? Worst case, if it isn't working out for you, you can simply bow out.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #471
Citizen

epvitale 
Citizen

New blog posted. Daily Card Reflection. Today was the Seven of Wands.

And Purrrfect. Jump in the pool. The water's fine. Although I owned a tarot deck for 15 years I started studying and reading only three months ago. We are all here to learn regardless of level of competence.

And Gazel honey, don't worry. Continue to study your deck in the moments you can spare. We will still be here.

Gary
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #472
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Congratulations and good luck, Gazel! We will miss your posts.

Purrrrrfect, we are all beginners at tarot: there is always something more to learn. Join us!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #473
Citizen

cherylleebest 
Citizen

Talking

Purrrfect

Get involved! We can support each other.
I have never had anything to do with tarot but bought myself a cheap deck whilst browsing in the January sales. That is how much of a newb I am! I started having a go at readings and stumbed upon Aeclectic whilst researching card meanings. I found my way to this forum and thought "Just give it a go!".

At times have felt overwhelmed and a little intimidated by how sharp and how involved everyone is on the forum and particularly in this thread, but I've been really supported by everyone.

Be a Fool! xx
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #474
Citizen

pangolin 
Citizen

I have a new post up on my blog.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #475
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Well... I guess I'm changing my PDR back to the Pathfinders animals. I kind of miss them, but have gotten feedback a lot of you all do to. I may switch to a different tarot deck for a bit at some point soon.

Haven't received much in the way of comments on couple posts with the Faerie... I now have figured out why... I guess this must be a common opinion. So yes, I'll keep it, but guess it will be "a secret vice I have to hide"

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie9
I succumbed to this one, and "positive" does not even begin to cover it. It's dementedly cheerful. It's on Laughing Gas and speaks in a squeaky high voice. It's bubblegum. It's hyperactive, and you have to put velcro on the ceiling to keep track of it. It's the perfect deck for a 7 year old girl's slumber party.This deck is a secret vice you have to hide in public, like the gnomes and Barbie's you still play with when no one's looking. You could be laughed out of Grown-Up Tarot Town.
You really don't want this one if you have any self-respect at all, and want to keep it.
Trust me; I Know These Things.
Sometimes reading the de-enabling thread is bad if it's about decks you own. Some decks are liked so the de-enabling is light-hearted. All the negative comments on this one I think are really meant to be taken the way they are stated. Does anyone like this deck? Even faunabay (lover of all thing fae related!) got rid of it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #476
Citizen

SherryZoned 
Citizen

SoulJourney I have not responded just because I have not been on much to check everyones blogs. Sorry! Also pmed you.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #477
Citizen

epvitale 
Citizen

Latest blog posted. Daily Draw reflections. Today's card, The 10 of Wands Reversed.

Gary
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #478
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

I know everyone is busy so I'm sure that is part of it. Plus maybe there just isn't much to say. Someone else had said what I would have or the reader seems to have done a good job. I know these are reasons I don't comment sometimes.
Plus... I think I'm just in a crappy mood today a bit. This might have just sealed it for me... maybe I need the "overly happy" deck. LOL. Honestly I don't really feel that way about this deck particularly. I think the Gilded is just as positive as the Hertz Faerie.

I'm going to try to put a poll up?? on my Blog... please at least vote or comment on that to help me decide.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #479
Citizen

pangolin 
Citizen

(((Souljourney))) I voted in your poll. Sometimes you just need a "happy" deck. I guess that's what I've got going now with the Tarot Nova -- pretty much every reading makes me laugh. Stick with what's working for you!

And try to ignore the de-enabling thread -- there are hard-core de-enablers working furiously there to keep people from spending on decks they can't afford, and some savage words are written, all for a greater cause. I even posted nasty things there about the World Spirit, a deck I love. All for the greater good, LOL! So, just because someone says something horrible about your deck DOES NOT MEAN THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT! Strange but true. Still, I understand your pain -- I had to back away during a recent savaging of the Anna K, because I love it so much and I did not want to have all the bad stuff said about it burned into my memory.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #480
Citizen

mooncat2 
Citizen

souljourney............I've voted but I do think its important you work with whatever decks call to you regardless of anyone else's opinions.

I don't like that Faerie deck at all but that is my personal opinion. I agree with the new venture beginning you need to work with tarot so if that's the deck you like stay with it.

I love your posts with the Pathfinders and if there had been a choice between that and Faerie , Pathfinders would have mine. But looks like you're continuing with Pathfinders anyway and its more about which tarot deck to work with.

I think the mixture of an oracle and a tarot deck makes for interesting blogging.

I don't believe a lack of comments has anything to do with the deck. So many to get around in a short time especially during the week .....I like to believe people are like me.........reading but only dropping a comment here and there when there's time.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #481
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

I'm with mooncat. souljourney I think you need to PDR with the deck that calls to you.....not one we tell you to use.

Yes, I love the Pathfinders animals and don't like the Hertz Faerie tarot, but that's me. And this is for YOUR PDR, not mine. So use whichever one you want to.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #482
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Thanks everyone. I guess I just kind of woke in a sad/grumpy mood, saw that thread and just got annoyed or something.

Anyway... thanks for all the comments and votes! I appreciate it. I got 9 votes... it's a 3-way tie!!! And yes...it's my PDR so it should be the deck I want to use. True.

I guess right now I sort of like the "happy place" deck, so I do think I'll use it for a bit. But I guess I throw some other stuff in now and then.

I too will try to comment more and be a better blog follower! Some of yours I can't figure out how to comment though... like the Wordpress blogs.

Anyway... thanks again!!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #483
Citizen

pangolin 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljourney
I too will try to comment more and be a better blog follower! Some of yours I can't figure out how to comment though... like the Wordpress blogs.
Yes, there's a blog I've wanted to comment on, but it requires a Windows ID or something like that. I don't even have Windows. And I'd reeeeeally prefer not to have to register for an account, which I THINK is what it's asking me to do. I don't mean to sound all complain-y, I just think it's an interesting blog & would love to be able to comment sometimes.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #484
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

I bet I know the one... I want to comment there to and thought I could, but no.

Yep, I thought I had a hotmail (windows) ID, but I wonder if just hadn't checked that account in so long it might have cancelled me. Anyway I know what you mean about not wanting to sign up for something new just to comment. I mean I never use msn/hotmail/etc...
If I could post anonymously I'd just say who I am in the first line so the blogger would know who I am... but alas, not an option. Yet another reason I do like Bloger (Google).
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #485
Citizen

Essjay 
Citizen

Souljourney - I voted in your poll. I must admit that I traded my Faeries deck too but you should definitely stick with the deck that makes you happy! One of the best things about the PDR is seeing all these different decks in action. It has made me change my mind about decks I had dismissed before.

Anyway, it's Spring - good time for fairies!

Eta - well, not really Spring but nearly...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #486
Citizen

moderndayruth 
Citizen

Souljorney, please, stick with a deck that makes you personally happy, ok? I have ridiculously happy and 'think-pink' ADD decks and i need them badly from time to time, i recently had an amazing reading by an established AT member - with cards produced for children under five; i do sometimes need my Thoth's sharpness, but other times i need that reassurment and lightness that comes from diametically different decks... I personally can't be Thoth-ish or TdM-ish 24/7, i personally need Faery-ish and Fairytale-ish energy equally and i couldn't care less if some would get judgemental, i am not trying to fit into anyone's expectations of anything... the least into other's expectations my little self.
And, since i post quite regularly in the de-enabling thread - it is for entertainment only as i see it, i personally ended collecting all the decks i was "de-enabled" from...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #487
Citizen

epvitale 
Citizen

New blog. Valentine's day daily draw - 4 of Swords reversed! Yea!!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #488
Citizen

swimming in tarot 
Citizen

Hi, everyone--I'm still alive. The cards came, I've made my choice, and I've posted on the blog.

I still haven't heard from any publisher, regarding permission to post photos. Was I gauche in e-mailing instead of writing on paper and mailing? Or am I just being impatient? I hear that publishers are notoriously slow when responding to queries of any kind.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #489
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Unfortunately my reading for this week was way too personal so I didn't post it publicly.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #490
Citizen

Asher 
Citizen

I have posted a new (partial) reading, from a spread I created called the Age of Aquarius. Enjoy!

Asher
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #491
Citizen

pangolin 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming in tarot
I still haven't heard from any publisher, regarding permission to post photos. Was I gauche in e-mailing instead of writing on paper and mailing? Or am I just being impatient? I hear that publishers are notoriously slow when responding to queries of any kind.
One (maybe both?) of the creators of the Quantum Tarot is an active member here at AT. Perhaps you could PM her; I suspect she'd be delighted to have you use her deck.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #492
Citizen

enchanted spirit 
Citizen

Can I play? I *finally* picked a deck - The Victorian Romantic Tarot. My blog address is in my profile.

Oh, and thanks to faunabay for suggesting this to me! It is really just the thing for me right now.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #493
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

I have an odd comment/question...

On some of the blogs does the color of the background and text matter to you? There are a couple that actually make me squint to read them. It's the color of the background & text.

I am the only one??
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #494
Citizen

pangolin 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchanted spirit
Can I play? I *finally* picked a deck - The Victorian Romantic Tarot. My blog address is in my profile.
Certainly you can play. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljourney
On some of the blogs does the color of the background and text matter to you? There are a couple that actually make me squint to read them. It's the color of the background & text.
I am the only one??
You're not the only one. I wonder if it varies from monitor to monitor, though -- so that something I can barely read looks fine to someone else? I love the variety of looks on the different blogs, but some are harder to view than others. (You all let me know if I'm a culprit -- my blog is the pink one. )
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #495
Citizen

enchanted spirit 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolin
Certainly you can play. Welcome!

(You all let me know if I'm a culprit -- my blog is the pink one. )
Thank you for the welcome! I'm so excited!!!! Yay!

I think your pink background looks fine. Ooooh, and you're doing the Tarot Nova. That was my first ever deck and got me totally hooked on Tarot. Then I went searching for a "real" deck - LOL - silly me. The Tarot Nova is really a neat-o little deck, a real force to be reckoned with.

Does my red background look okay? It seemed to fit my mood/deck, but I could do something else.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #496
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:

Oh, and thanks to faunabay for suggesting this to me! It is really just the thing for me right now.
Yay! One of my absolute favorite decks!! I love my VR! But I know her too well, so I chose to do my PDR with the Merryday.

edited to add:
OK, I love the red but it is pretty eye crossing to read at first. LOL Once my eyes calmed down and got used to it I was fine, but first impression was I couldn't get my eyes to focus on the type. Just my two cents though.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #497
Citizen

pangolin 
Citizen

Quote:
Does my red background look okay? It seemed to fit my mood/deck, but I could do something else.
The red is pretty intense... both a good thing and a bad thing, LOL. It's very compelling (to me at least -- I'm kinda on a red/pink kick lately). I just increase the size of the font on the page in order to read it without having my head explode. I was wondering, do you plan to eventually enable comments? You had such an interesting first reading posted, I was going to comment (nothing profound, just a "nice!" type of thing, so please don't think you've missed out on anything ). If not, that's fine -- I'm just wondering.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #498
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Maybe on the red backgrounds it would help if the type were bigger.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #499
Citizen

enchanted spirit 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolin
The red is pretty intense... both a good thing and a bad thing, LOL. It's very compelling (to me at least -- I'm kinda on a red/pink kick lately). I just increase the size of the font on the page in order to read it without having my head explode. I was wondering, do you plan to eventually enable comments? You had such an interesting first reading posted, I was going to comment (nothing profound, just a "nice!" type of thing, so please don't think you've missed out on anything ). If not, that's fine -- I'm just wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faunabay
Yay! One of my absolute favorite decks!! I love my VR! But I know her too well, so I chose to do my PDR with the Merryday.

edited to add:
OK, I love the red but it is pretty eye crossing to read at first. LOL Once my eyes calmed down and got used to it I was fine, but first impression was I couldn't get my eyes to focus on the type. Just my two cents though.
Well, I changed it from red to blue. I don't want anyone's head to explode! It looks a lot better, really. I didn't want to change the font size cause I had a hard time getting that set up the way it is, which isn't how I wanted it but I like it.

I didn't know I had to enable comments, but I did now! Thanks for asking, or I'd just be wondering why nobody ever said anything on there. LOL

I am loving the VR, I mean seriously. It looks waaaaay better in real life than on the monitor, and it looks lovely on the monitor too! I am so glad I got it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #500

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.