Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Myrrha 
Citizen

I still haven't decided 100% about my deck but now I'm not thinking it will be either the Thoth or Liber-T. I need something more down to earth if it is going to be for a whole year.

Can you please put me as undecided for now, I may be a week or two late in starting the study as I also need to get my blog set up.

thanks!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #101
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrrha
I still haven't decided 100% about my deck but now I'm not thinking it will be either the Thoth or Liber-T. I need something more down to earth if it is going to be for a whole year.

Can you please put me as undecided for now, I may be a week or two late in starting the study as I also need to get my blog set up.

thanks!

Ok will do. I put souljourney's update next to your name.. whoops.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #102
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Hey Kilted Kat...
For those of us still confused...

If I don't really want comment/feedback I keep a blog off site.

If I do want comment/feedback... I post where? And is it in one thread or a new thread for each week?

Personally I want comment/feedback.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #103
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljourney
Hey Kilted Kat...
For those of us still confused...

If I don't really want comment/feedback I keep a blog off site.
Correct.

Quote:
If I do want comment/feedback... I post where?
In the Your Readings Forum, not in Personal Readings if you can help it, because some of our participants may not be Subscribers. Of course, if a PDR reading is intensely personal I would encourage you to put it in Personal.

Quote:
And is it in one thread or a new thread for each week?
One new Thread per reading per week.

And please post a link to the Thread you create so I can update the list in Post #2.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #104
Citizen

Nina* 
Citizen

Well... it is possible to get comments on a blog too - easily. The blog will simply be more personal than a thread on a forum can ever be, since, on a blog, every decision is your own (what to write, how, where and why).
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #105
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Yes, but it can also be removed from public view later or before in case you don't want anyone reading it
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #106
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

I love the blog idea.

Hello to my followers, and please feel free to comment!

Have to say, I'm going to find this so interesting.

Nina* I'm sorry you changed your mind about the Anna K, but the Lenormand will be just as interesting!

I've just peeked in at Karl's. The Rohrig has never held any interest for me before now but he's making it look interesting...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #107
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

I'm with firefrost. I like the blog idea. And like someone else who commented - this was the extra push I needed to get one setup. I still don't have it completely set up the way I want it but it is started so I can blog about my Merryday.

I also like the idea of being able to say/type whatever I want, on the blog, without major comments. Then if there is a reading or thought I have that I do want feedback I can post it here on AT. Works for me!!!

Now if I could just get rid of this danged head cold so I could actually think properly........
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #108
Citizen

Jyscal 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Kat
That is an excellent idea. You can easily link the two by inserting the url address for your Study Thread in the Readings Thread you create (ETA) and vice versa.
hey k.k. Thanks. I posted the link in my old post on page 9 of this thread. Ill keep the links there for me to keep them organised for myself. But feel free to move them around if you need to. Thanks again!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #109
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyscal
...I posted the link in my old post on page 9 of this thread. Ill keep the links there for me to keep them organised for myself. But feel free to move them around if you need to. Thanks again!
Also an excellent idea. But I don't know what you mean by "Page 9" as we have different settings (i.e. number of posts on each page).

What Post number are you talking about?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #110
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by faunabay
I'm with firefrost. I like the blog idea. And like someone else who commented - this was the extra push I needed to get one setup. I still don't have it completely set up the way I want it but it is started so I can blog about my Merryday.

I also like the idea of being able to say/type whatever I want, on the blog, without major comments. Then if there is a reading or thought I have that I do want feedback I can post it here on AT. Works for me!!!

Now if I could just get rid of this danged head cold so I could actually think properly........
I've been to your blog very nice!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #111
Citizen

thorhammer 
Citizen

At this stage I plan to try dailies again - they sort of worked for me with this deck for a while but it became a struggle and just another thing I didn't need to have to worry about

I will post my daily card in the Thoth Daily Draws thread. Any "extra" insights or deeper study I'll post in the appropriate card thread in the Thoth Study Forum.

Maybe this makes me antisocial and a drag on the whole effort, but I hate blogs and never read them. Sorry, all, but you won't be getting any comments from me

\m/ Kat
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #112
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

That is perfectly fine. I can't see that it is a drag on anyone (I know you were speaking with your tongue firmly planted in cheek ) and it will be nice to have variety.

Please PM me all your PDR Links or post them here so I can update Post #2.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #113
Citizen

thorhammer 
Citizen

Do you want all the links to my Daily posts? Or just the Daily Thoth thread?

\m/ Kat
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #114
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
Do you want all the links to my Daily posts? Or just the Daily Thoth thread?

\m/ Kat

Why not create a separate Thread in the Daily Thoth Forum that have all the subsequent Links? Then I can link the one Thread to here.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #115
Citizen

thorhammer 
Citizen

I was trying to keep away from creating more threads - I really try to keep my posts in relevant threads already created. It's the very tidy nature coming out in me. I'll decide which I want to do later on . . . sorry to be dithering.

\m/ Kat
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #116
Citizen

epvitale 
Citizen
Post #2?

Okay stupid question ...

Where is this Post #2.

I've look high and I've looked low.
I've looked aft and I've looked fro.
I've look at many and I've looked at a few
But I still can not find Post Number 2.

Sorry for the rhyme scheme. It just happened!!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #117
Citizen

Nina* 
Citizen

Quote:
Yes, but it can also be removed from public view later or before in case you don't want anyone reading it
YEP!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #118
Citizen

Nina* 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefrost

Nina* I'm sorry you changed your mind about the Anna K, but the Lenormand will be just as interesting!
Don't be, please. I'll also post about the Anna K. It IS my favorite tarot. I'm just more certain that my interest in the Lenormand can last for a WHOLE year (as decks can easily be changed there ).
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #119
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

So I like the idea of a blog and people can comment there. I guess I'm wondering if anyone really will bother to go off-site and do all that?

I don't know if I would unless it's someone I "know" or they are using a deck I find particularly interesting. I just don't have enough time to do more.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #120
Citizen

epvitale 
Citizen

Quote:
So I like the idea of a blog and people can comment there. I guess I'm wondering if anyone really will bother to go off-site and do all that?

I don't know if I would unless it's someone I "know" or they are using a deck I find particularly interesting. I just don't have enough time to do more.
I have already bookmarked in a special folders all the offsite blogs. And have found that my offsite blog is being followed by several participating in the PDR exercise.

Gary
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #121
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Quote:

While I understand about the desire to keep this Aeclectic exercise in the Aeclectic domain, my desire to set up a tarot blog is part of the reason I liked this idea. I don't think that I will be doing a lot of spreads as part of my PDR. I have found that my Liber T while awesome with others almost sees the mindless and over examining foolish or maybe just tedious. So I don't know what my blog is going to evolve into but I want to write in it every week.

In a realistic sense, I have never been one to think that anyone would find my thoughtful ramblings on the Tarot that intersting anyway. If ya'll wanted to come by and read my blog, God bless man 'cause it is my blog and I can barely make it through. I will be following other blogs, as blogspot.com allows us to follow other blogs pretty easily. I have already started to follow some other PDR blogs.

If this exercise to bear the type of results I want/need from it I have to be focused more on the journal, examination, reflection aspect rather than the feedback. I joined this thread more in a sense of accountability. I have said I am going to do it here, to others and that helps me get motivated.

I do love the idea of working with the deck in studious manner and then posting those to the existing Liber T study thread. I have had a couple of initial ideas that I want to try out and see if they work. I will be putting those on my blog first and then possibly putting them in a thread here.

The value I see of this group/thread is in mid-June when I am out of ideas I can examine other blogs, threads, and come to the thread and ask for ideas on what to do next.

I am excited about so many of us looking at fewer decks and working on the reflection aspects of the tarot, individually but as a group.

Onyx.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #122
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Ok.. I set up a blog...

I personally would like feedback. I love the interaction, etc. Either leave it there or PM me.

Thanks.

ETA: Fixed link to blog...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #123
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:
Ok.. I set up a blog...

I personally would like feedback. I love the interaction, etc. Either leave it there or PM me.

Thanks.
I just went to see your blog page and it told me "page cannot be displayed". Just so you know.

Now with my blog in yahoo it doesn't look like I can have "followers" but can have "friends". What does this all mean? (sorry, but coming from a blogger newbie)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #124
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:
I've been to your blog very nice!
Thank you. I probably shouldn't have the picture I do as it's one from an artist I just liked. (shrug) But once I get a newer picture of myself I'll put that up.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #125
Citizen

Jyscal 
Citizen

Your right. I forgot about that my post is quote number 87.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #126
Citizen

NorthernTigress 
Citizen

Just finished a new blog entry. Mentioned some of my Reading Exchanges, but nothing specific.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #127
Citizen

Gazel 
Citizen

I've just made my first and second PDR blog entries, and posted the reading in Your Readings Forum.

I think blogging (and reading your people's blogs too) is really fun, but it takes a Hell of a time because of the image handling and stuff like that. Luckily I got permission to use the images by a very kind mr. Place.

The time consuming is the biggest problem with this, I think, and that may be what causes real trouble when I start working again in a month. Then I might have to throttle down my expectations and ambitions. On the other hand - if I can find the time, I think it will be a fun and giving exercise.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #128
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Fixed blog link...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #129
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

OK, this is annoying!!! To the extreme!!!

I've just tried to enter my second blog entry and it disappeared both times!! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I haven't done, but I'm PO'd right now!!!

I just clicked on post a blog entry and did my thing but when I hit the post to blog key it took me to a page like I didn't have a blog at all! The first time I wanted to see how it would look with the picture so I hit preveiw and it worked fine. So I hit edit to finish typing what I'd started and when I hit post to blog it didn't work that time!!

I've just typed it twice now and am not ready to try again. So I'll wait until later.

Maybe I'll just go start another blog at the site you and some others have KK. (said steaming mad)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #130
Citizen

Gazel 
Citizen

I might have problems commenting on some of your blogs, when my own blog is not in "system" but on my own domain. That doesn't mean I'm not trying to read them.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #131
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

OK, I got pissed off enough that I just started another blog on blogspot. So my blog address is changed in my profile. LOL And I have my first reading up there too.
Now I just need to figure out the best way to post pictures. I've got a scan of my first reading but it's kind of small. Not too easy to see the cards. I'll figure it out though.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #132
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

I have learned that lesson many times and now I always, alway, ALWAYS compose e-mails and blogs and anything of substantial length off line. It is easy to cut and paste it into the blog program far easier and I don't lose my head and my sanity when it seems to disappear.

Onyx.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #133
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

I should have warned you about yahoo blogs. They are substandard. You will be much happier with blogspot.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #134
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

Yep... I tried a Yahoo blog since I already have a Yahoo ID. Well I got myself a gmail/google ID and am using blogspot.

Still not sure how it all works and stuff but I guess I'll figure it out.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #135
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

I've already had a much better experience with blogspot. They automatically save to draft what I'm typing every second or so. (highfive) Now they don't have as many different templates to choose from, but.....who cares when you can't actually blog on the cool template? LOL
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #136
Citizen

Jyscal 
Citizen

Hey all. Im not sure if we will need to repost week two's reading and reflection threads or move on to week three. I personally would'nt mind, but mabye it should be a group decision? Just a thought. Hope everyone returns safely and refreshed!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #137
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

If you have any readings saved off-line go ahead and re-post, otherwise, just start again.

This only affects a few of us fortunately.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #138
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

I've been and gone and dunnit.

I went to the Haiku thread this morning, and drew The Emperor. Another Major

So, I've just split my deck and I'm just using Majors for a while to see how it goes.

Marvellous, innit? A few months ago, I joined a small circle project to read just with majors, and because I didn't want to spit any decks, I bought two Majors-only decks.

Now I find myself doing two things I never wanted to - Splitting my deck and reading with Majors only.

I'd better get something good from this...!!!!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #139
Citizen

Asher 
Citizen

Quote:
This only affects a few of us fortunately.
Hey K_K,

I have disappeared from the list on your first post. Would you mind re-adding me? I have a deck introduction and a new deck interview spread posted on my blog.

Thanks!

Asher
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #140
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by faunabay
I've already had a much better experience with blogspot. They automatically save to draft what I'm typing every second or so. (highfive) Now they don't have as many different templates to choose from, but.....who cares when you can't actually blog on the cool template? LOL

I have to make my confession. I am an AT addict. I had silent clues that this was the fact since I was online and on the forums several times a day but when it went down I was forced to acknowledge the very honest truth that the AT forum is a happily part of my life.

Yesterday I was very happy to have a list of blogs from the group here that helped me get through the day. I can't imagine all those fellow addicts that didn't have this type of substitute. Also I was happy to have my blogs entry saved and not lost in the hard drive crash.

It just enforces my mantra of "Save, Save, Save" when it comes to computers.

I took the off forum time to post another reading on my blog about how this exercise is going to work with interesting results. I have have found that this will be a demanding experience but I am also certain that it will be a profitable one as well.

Onyx.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #141
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx
I have to make my confession. I am an AT addict.

Yesterday I was very happy to have a list of blogs from the group here that helped me get through the day. I can't imagine all those fellow addicts that didn't have this type of substitute.
This is me exactly!!! I was extremely happy to have the blogs to help me get through yesterday!!! I am 100% an AT addict.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #142
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Why is it that I can't link to the blog from each person's link that you've put up on page one KK? I get a prompt that says "you are either not logged in (which I am of course) or you are not approved to access this information" ????? Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #143
Citizen

souljourney 
Citizen

So do we need to start a 12 step recovery program?? Nope, maybe just some retail therapy would help... Ummm... ok... that is similar. LOL!!

So happy we had the blogs!!!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #144
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 
Carpathian Dream

I've just tried a couple and been linked okay, faunabay.

I agree with you all - it was so good to link to the blogs yesterday!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #145
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

I think I am caught up. Please let me know who else went missing from the list.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #146
Citizen

Onyx 
Citizen

Reading over the work that others are doing it is interesting to see the different approaches each of us is taking. I like seeing how others use their decks for reflection and understanding. I do have one fear that if I keep looking at all the great decks I don't own that may not be the case by the end of the year!

The biggest threat right now was the Transparent Tarot. Sinduction's blog and pics of the deck in action are very convincing that this might be worth the money. Man! I thought I could make it without this deck. Keep strong . . . breathe in . . . breathe out . . . it is just a deck . . . I have plenty . . . okay the frenzy is passing.

Onyx.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #147
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Quote:
I've just tried a couple and been linked okay, faunabay.
OK, since you said it worked for you, I tried again. Still got the "not logged in" prompt. But even though I was logged in I logged in again and now it works????? (shrug) Who knows? LOL Anyway it's working for me now. Now that I've logged in twice!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #148
Citizen

Sinduction 
Citizen

Hahaha! I love enabling people toward this deck. It really is a whole new experience. It has made tarot fun for me, again. It's like I'm new to the whole thing. It really is amazing.

I was on the fence about it too until someone enabled me. Maybe that's how it works with this one.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #149
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

I got the Transparent for christmas and love it. I think it's one of those that I'll have to go slowly with though. I'm just having fun putting together pretty pictures with it for now. LOL
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #150

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.