Pregnancy cards

Pandora MoonRaven

For me I kept getting the death card again and again. I couldn't make sense of it and was afraid it meant maybe I would have a miscarriage or something. however I realized...death is a painful but necessary transformation (labor) leaving the old behind (your old life) for something new and beautiful (now a mommy with a baby). As soon as I came to this realization/reading then the death card stopped coming up.

Interestingly I also got Z'Etoile from NOVT which shows a baby in an egg and I pulled the ace of wands from Wormweird in which you can see a mannequin with a skeleton in the tummy. :eek:)

Jai1216

Old Thread Revival :)

Are there any cards that point directly to pregnancy?
I thought the empress, 3 of cups and page of cups could mean it. What is your experience with cards in regards to pregnancy?

I know I am reviving a very old thread, but I have just had a new experience with the 9 of Pentacles (9P) in regards to pregnancy.

Before now, I would have thought the 9P would have been too hermit-ish to represent pregnancy. And, besides, the woman in most 9Ps does not even look remotely pregnant or even interested in pregnancy.

However, I now know from my professional readings that the 9P can indeed represent a "hidden" pregnancy or a woman who is not showing. "Not showing" means that she only will show a "baby bump" at best. Or, her pregnancy won't really be obvious to anyone, either thru her frame being very petite or she is just keeping private about it (Hermit aspect). But, of course, a client would have to be asking specifically about pregnancy for the 9P to register in such a way with me.

The Empress is really my official pregnancy card, where the woman is showing and the pregnancy is very obvious to everyone who lays eyes on her. Most other cards like the Sun, the Pages, 10 of Cups, etc represent kids but not necessarily thru my client's pregnancy (like step-kids or enjoying kids that you already have). I think I would have to see the Empress show up somewhere, and she usually does!

Sharla

Ive had the Ace of swords come up for me before in regards to a pregnancy.

QueenPen

Ace of Pentacles reflects the fertilized egg. Hanged Man shows the baby being nurtured by umbilical cord, in head first position, death indicates time of birth.

QueenPen

Ace of Pents- fertilized egg; hanged Man- baby head down , attached to umbilical cord; 8pents/pents- making a baby for 9 mos.; death-time of birth; 4 swords- postpartum, recuperating after giving birth.

aurafields

I thought the empress, 3 of cups and page of cups could mean it. What is your experience with cards in regards to pregnancy?
Hi patienceislove, Like so many have stated here, intuition has a great deal to do with accuracy in predicting pregnancy. I had not seen death as a predictor for pregnancy. I will be paying attention to this insight. But, I have seen the two, three, and even four of cups in my reading show it to me. It comes down once again to the supporting cards and your intuition. Cards were designed to help us develop our intuition. The cards are powerful, but in reality,they really don't do anything other than represent whatever your subconscious is pulling up, and hat is the powerful part. Pay attention to what thoughts come in your head, what pictures no matter how vague the scene or thought. You will be glad to know that working like this by day will really open up your dreaming mind which provides absolute answers and predictions each and every time you go to sleep. On top of that, you may well experience the "Pop", when the window in your mind opens naturally one day from reading and stretching that intuition muscle, which will allow you to see suddenly additional clues as to what you are reading for yourself or others. Hope this helps.

Hemera

Ive had the Ace of swords come up for me before in regards to a pregnancy.
This is interesting since I just had the Queen of Swords and I thought it was a no. I used the Dark Angels deck and the woman in that particular cards is the spitting image of the Querent. Somehow I see that card as someone too busy in her career atm. On the other hand, she looks like the kind of woman who gets what she wants and who´d not be afraid to command Mother Nature!

Generally for me the Pregnancy cards would be the Empress, Queen of Cups, Page of Cups and Lovers, where there is traditionally a couple *and* a third one. Also some other cards may carry the message depending on the deck used. I have not thought about the Hanged as the baby. Great connection there. Never thought of the Death as Pregnancy though..

(I agree with Teheuti above, though, about needing caution in this kind of readings and about some things being better left alone...)

ETA: That Queen of Swords was a "no".

tzen1031

I agree with someone who said the Queen of Cups.

Although I find that pregnancy with this card is really a deeper meaning then what is on the surface.

The queen being a vessel, a water element such as the amniotic fluid, a female energy, because the queen can be emotional and pregnancy makes us well emotional.

But I also feel like the Queen of cups could be a moody period as well. ;)

Sherilyn G

I predicted a baby boy once with the Sun card and the Empress of the Rider Waite deck. The person did not ask about pregnancy though, it just came up in the cards. I saw that she was going to get married again and have a boy. She wasn't pregnant at the time of the reading. She did end up having a baby boy and did get married again.

I don't do readings specifically for pregnancies. I'm too afraid of seeing complications of some sort.