feeling the shifts

yannie

You could just swim out under the skies. Heh.

I see that it would feel meant. Maybe it's about connecting with someone in that café? Or similar?

I'm not feeling anything particularly this time.

Lol! Not having swimming things aside, I'm actually quite afraid of going into the sea in the wee hours. Especially alone. Quite creepy...

Perhaps it was a night of experimentation & discovery...

After listening to the heavy downpour for over 2 hours, I thought to myself, "How come whenever I charge my moldavite in the rain it stops in under an hour, & tonight it's different?"

Then I had an idea, & got up & stuck my hand out in the rain to give my moldavite pendant a little monsoon rain bath. Cafe patrons may have thought me a bit strange.

& lo! Less than half an hour later the rain goes from monsoon-strength to stop. Still cloudy though. Uncanny...

I did a bit of Googling, and apparently moon phase does affect rainfall, albeit differently in different parts of the world. In my region rainfall is likely just before the full moon.

If my moldavite was responsible for calling upon forces to stall the rain...I think I might name my moldavite Little Miss Make-the-rain-go-away :joke:

MandMaud

Lol! Not having swimming things aside, I'm actually quite afraid of going into the sea in the wee hours. Especially alone. Quite creepy...

Perhaps it was a night of experimentation & discovery...

After listening to the heavy downpour for over 2 hours, I thought to myself, "How come whenever I charge my moldavite in the rain it stops in under an hour, & tonight it's different?"

Then I had an idea, & got up & stuck my hand out in the rain to give my moldavite pendant a little monsoon rain bath. Cafe patrons may have thought me a bit strange.

& lo! Less than half an hour later the rain goes from monsoon-strength to stop. Still cloudy though. Uncanny...

I did a bit of Googling, and apparently moon phase does affect rainfall, albeit differently in different parts of the world. In my region rainfall is likely just before the full moon.

If my moldavite was responsible for calling upon forces to stall the rain...I think I might name my moldavite Little Miss Make-the-rain-go-away :joke:

Ocean after dark... yes! Something very powerful about it and spooks me badly. :)

Can you link to a website about rainfall corresponding with moon phase? I had a quick google and only found an article saying that the tides are all it affects, not rain - but the same article rubbished astrology based on newspaper horoscopes being a load of tosh. I added a rather annoyed comment. ;) ("Ask a Mathematician / Ask a Physicist" - looks a great site for questions within its remit, eg randomness of shuffled cards, but I think it should have stayed away from that question(!).)

MandMaud

That's definitely up to date - and it does say it's probably the first study showing the rainfall correlation. Thanks! I'm a bit tired for the numbers this evening, but you have satisfied my anti-hearsay instinct. :)

danieljuk

I'm going to be a little sceptical and say I don't think every moon affects us but it can really affect us! I do take a note of where things are in my birth chart and how I am affected. I think some though can be positive or have no effect at all!

I have found the last 6 weeks hard, the retrogrades are really all over my 1st house and causing me to change through pain and things are so much lighter for me since the Full Moon. I do feel things shifting for me but I seem highly affected by the positions currently!

In recent years we had a series of angry super moons on certain dates, I think it was a series of 3 and on each one I found out someone had died (not in my immediate family thank goodness but still upsetting). The coincidence was just too much. We can feel or be literally affected by shifts going on but also some have nothing happening at all :)

The last new moon was in Taurus, my birth sign and nothing new has happened at all! It was within 4 days of my birthday and yet nothing at all! Unless the effects are still to come, but this full moon seems to have made life a little easier

Ronia

Technicaly, and practically, the moon affects us. She rules the tides and we are mostly water. Many conditions related to water balance and liquid balance in the body can gbecome more acute during particular moon phases. This includes hormonal balance and all that comes with it, emotions, etc. In terms of astrology, it very much depends on the condiition of the natal moon. There are people who are predisposed to be more sensitive to the moon and whatever she does. Progressive moon can also set the stage for a period in life when moon transits will be felt more strongly or the other way around.

MandMaud

I'm going to be a little sceptical and say I don't think every moon affects us but it can really affect us! I do take a note of where things are in my birth chart and how I am affected. I think some though can be positive or have no effect at all!

I have found the last 6 weeks hard, the retrogrades are really all over my 1st house and causing me to change through pain and things are so much lighter for me since the Full Moon. I do feel things shifting for me but I seem highly affected by the positions currently!

In recent years we had a series of angry super moons on certain dates, I think it was a series of 3 and on each one I found out someone had died (not in my immediate family thank goodness but still upsetting). The coincidence was just too much. We can feel or be literally affected by shifts going on but also some have nothing happening at all :)

The last new moon was in Taurus, my birth sign and nothing new has happened at all! It was within 4 days of my birthday and yet nothing at all! Unless the effects are still to come, but this full moon seems to have made life a little easier

So sorry Dan, I missed this! So what you mean is that certain moons will touch us more strongly, strongly enough to feel, while others won't, and that's down to the astrology? Makes sense to me. :) And sometimes the planets and asteroids are doing stuff that almost everyone can't help but notice.

I wish I knew astrology well enough to be able to analyse what's different, between the times I do feel it even when I misremember what date it's on, and the times I don't even notice the date has passed.

MandMaud

Technicaly, and practically, the moon affects us. She rules the tides and we are mostly water. Many conditions related to water balance and liquid balance in the body can gbecome more acute during particular moon phases. This includes hormonal balance and all that comes with it, emotions, etc. In terms of astrology, it very much depends on the condiition of the natal moon. There are people who are predisposed to be more sensitive to the moon and whatever she does. Progressive moon can also set the stage for a period in life when moon transits will be felt more strongly or the other way around.

That would certainly have an effect, especially (in my case) as I have all sorts of whole-body conditions and just recently am learning how much inflammation may be involved, as well as the things I already knew about such as neurology. Of course the water-filled human body (I like that image! :p) doesn't explain why we feel it more some months than others.

If I'm born more sensitive to the moon - which I can understand would be in the natal chart - why would I have been insensitive to it until recent years? Oh, the progressions. That's beyond my astrological knowledge as yet!