AT Travelling Member Deck~Second Journey - Discussion thread

rachelcat

I think we should include a pen that is proven to write well on the cards (if we're going to sign the cards like last time).

And, yes, definitely journal like last time.

gregory

Or just learn from last time and put in a note saying please use a sharpie or a pen for writing on CDs with !

Melvis

I'd participate again, too! :D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Daizdy

Elnor said:
I like this idea of a healing deck- I took part in the 'Fire up the Grid' meditation, too- and it was quite a powerful experience! I don't really know much about oracle decks, but would one of them fit into this category? One of the Earth-based decks... since so many people seem to be interested in healing Mother Earth at the moment, perhaps it could tie into that somehow, and we could all use the deck for that purpose.

I just came back from the 5-day Buddhafield Festival, which had a lot of focus on Earth-energy themes, so I'm kinda in that mode at the moment! It's just a thought.

elnor
It's a very good thought too, Elnor, thank you. I really like that theme. If we would end up using that theme, are there decks out there that would lend to the theme and if so, who has one?
JMD said:
I personally would suggest that the Aeclectic TAROT travelling deck be a tarot deck, rather than a non-tarot one...

But wanted to add here a brief reply to "As far as I know there is no English version; it is after all a restoration of a VERY French original" - the 'English version' refers to the included booklet.
I agree, I think only an actual tarot deck be used. Although the Noblet is a great offer, it being in French concerns me. The deck would be travelling alone without the accompanying book.
Gregory said:
Journalling - as last time - best on line surely - or postage costs get horrifying. I think the way it was done - no-one gets to add to the load (as in weight !) except if someone wants to just send a gift to the next person in line (as a lot of us did) - is the way to go....
I certainly agree to that and Gregory, I was so impressed with the way you put it into pdf format at the end, it was really nicely done.
rachelcat said:
I think we should include a pen that is proven to write well on the cards (if we're going to sign the cards like last time).
That's definitely a good idea for a pen to travel with the deck. It would be more cost effective in that each participant wouldn't have to run out and buy the proper pen to write on the card. It would have to be replaced when it runs out of ink and someone would have to buy a new pen, however, it would eliminate the risk of someone using an insufficient pen.

Lots of good ideas! Keep them coming! :)

Annabelle

I don't think it matters that the titles on the Noblet are in French. Tarot is a pictorial, universal language unto itself. The card titles don't really matter - at least not to me. I can recognize Strength, the High Priestess, the King of Swords, the Two of Coins, etc. etc. without relying on titles. Most of us can, I suspect.

I really like the idea of circulating a Marseille because of its universality and lack of obvious "theme."

jmd

Why would the English booklet not be travelling with the deck?

magpie9

O how cool! Count me in again!

I think it should start with Gregory this time, because it ended with her last time.

gregory

jmd said:
Why would the English booklet not be travelling with the deck?
I am guessing people don't realise how small it is; the book for the World Spirit was on the heavy side, and didn't travel with it... But I really think it doesn't matter that the deck is in French anyway....
magpie9 said:
O how cool! Count me in again!

I think it should start with Gregory this time, because it ended with her last time.
WELL - that would get over the "which side of the Pond problem is Granny..." - but would also mean jmd sending the deck to me in the first place.............. If he is giving it, it makes sense to start where he is (in Australia...)

jmd

...on the other hand, by sending gregory the deck as its official starting location, it ensures that no-one is excluded, and gives us all a little bit of guess-work as to which side of the Atlantic the AT-travelling deck will begin its official voyage.

The sending of the deck to gregory can be looked upon as a preparatory journey towards its pilgrimage to 78 tarot households :)

jackdaw*

I am definitely interested in taking part - I missed it last time.

The Noblet is a great deck to go with - thanks for offering it, jmd!

And having Gregory start it is a good idea, with her travelling :D Fewer logistics that way ...