"5 of pents", is there anything positive in this card?

kika_meow

When I do readings for other people I like to close with the advice card and I sometimes pull the 5 of Pentacles, the first thing that comes to mind in those situations is that they need to keep knocking on doors looking for help or that they need to take the help that is given to them even though the person giving that help doesn't appear as the most qualified.

Right now I asked "what possitive energy will accompany me during the coming month and I pulled 5 of pents! I interpreted it in the same way I do for the advice but it doesn't seem to click, I can't think about this card in a "positive" way.

Can y'all think about some positive aspects of the 5 of pentacles that you'd like to share?

Farzon

I think your own interpretation odds already very close to my own. In the 5 of Pentacles you're usually down, but not as alone as you think you are - at least that's the emphasis in the RWS card.

If you consider the general meaning of the fives, it's a minor obstacle that will be overcome and lead to growth.

Thinking about the topic of being an outcast: in these situations you are forced into another point of view on society. The outsider's view on the social norms reveals their moral weakness and deficiency as a society can only be as good as it's treatment of minorities. In this position you question the values that were once your own and that now turn against you.

This can help you to become a better person than the ones who turned their backs on you; compare the role of the closed church in the 5 with the one of the rich but good hearted man in the 6 of Pentacles. That's why the success shown in the 6 is in balance with higher values rather than just being of a materialistic nature.

At least that's my two cents.

kika_meow

Thank you for the insight Farzon! It makes A LOT of sense because in the same spread I pulled all the fives except for the swords one (thanks goodness! Lol) and that speaks about the whole energy that my month is going to have: an energy of little obstacles that I will quickly overcome.

It also helps to know that you kind of agree with me in the fact that 5 of pents looks bad but it's not as bad (in this card we're not as lonely as we might be in other cards), is not as positive either, it just has a little karmic energy that turns agains us to teach us a little lesson, I guess.

Grizabella

It can mean to seek out someone who is a true friend and is there for you through thick and thin.

It can suggest turning to spiritual means to help you during hard times. Or, on the other hands, it might suggest that organized religious beliefs of any kind won't help you with a particular issue.

It can be a reminder to watch your spending habits. Be frugal and don't spend unwisely so you can't make ends meet on your own.

Or, it could mean when your material resources won't meet your needs, then turning to a helping organization would be a good idea.

It might refer to your best friend who always has answers for you or if she doesn't, who knows where to go for the help you need that she can't help you with.

Those are just a few meanings the card can have. :)

Strenght

For me, the stained glass window on 5P (RWS) brings hope in a time of misery, or being "outside the system". It shows that help is available if you're willing to take it, or maybe there is a chance or opportunity available for you, you just need to see it. That's positive! :)

nisaba

When I do readings for other people I like to close with the advice card and I sometimes pull the 5 of Pentacles, the first thing that comes to mind in those situations is that they need to keep knocking on doors looking for help or that they need to take the help that is given to them even though the person giving that help doesn't appear as the most qualified.

I once had this card come out, where in an immediate flash I *knew* the card was saying that one person struggling in life had a duty-of-care to another person who was struggling more in life.

EmpyreanKnight

It's a material challenge, a temporary setback, and it's often these things that make you stronger if you don't let them consume you. It might teach you some important lessons as well. And usually, it's in times of great need when you begin to see who your real friends are.

moonriver.

I think the positive in the 5 of pentacles is that you may be overlooking an obvious source of assistance. When we feel down on our luck, we may choose to wallow in self pity rather than seeing a way out. That's how i've come to interpret the card at times.

kika_meow

It can mean to seek out someone who is a true friend and is there for you through thick and thin.

It might refer to your best friend who always has answers for you or if she doesn't, who knows where to go for the help you need that she can't help you with . :)

Not a best friend necessary but maybe that other self that lives within me and has all the answers, I think it may be that.. thanks for the comment because now it makes sense, since I recently connected (more directly) with that higher self :)

kika_meow

For me, the stained glass window on 5P (RWS) brings hope in a time of misery, or being "outside the system".

I love this! Is the first time I read an interpretation like this for this card and is SO me, I'm always questioning things and trying to go against the system and sometimes it feels unfortunate and difficult but I know I'm not alone in this fight!