The failure of many 'good' astrologers to predict the election is demoralizing

HOLMES

** I was very anti-Trump and felt I was not at all objective. So, I didn't do a chart for Trump. So, I made no prediction other than that Clinton seemed happy on election day.

hey man long time no see,

in thing I got learn from was looking back at my reading for the election and got some good insights into the 8 of cups.

I was thinking it might be worth it to check trumps chart for those two crucial days In hindsight.

and Clinton was happy on election day to about 11 pmish eh ?

Minderwiz

It's taken a week to both recover and to realign my head to what is really going on with this USA election. I have several comments to make.

** Birth times of the candidates. TRUMPS birth time seems reasonable, events correlate well with the natal chart and derived charts. CLINTONS birth time is up for questioning as there are several. While we could do three sets of charts, the fact that there are three charts makes each of them questionable.

Yes, the sheer multiplicity of charts makes them all doubtful. Chris Brennan actually asked Clinton at a book signing (hers, not his LOL) what her time of birth was and she replied 8:00 pm. But he still had doubts about that time (as the podcast explains). One of which, but by no means the only one, was that she seemed to think it through, before she answered. Was she deliberately giving misleading information - politicians in important elections don't want news stories that astrologers are predicting their oponent will win; or did she try and remember what her parents had told her. There's an alleged interview between her mother and a newspaper (a number of years ago) which was taken to suggest that she went into hospital around 8:00 am but that her labour went on for another 12 hours. Brennan's (and others') research cound not find an existing record of that article. There's variety's of both morning and evening times, either rectified or guessed that pushes the Ascendant into the next Sign. So there's wishful thinking on the part of some Astrologers out there.

Dadsnook2000 said:
** I used to employ Lunar Returns for a candidate based on each state capitol. They worked very well -- up until the late 1980's. Then they stopped working. Why? The whole primary and convention picture changed. Primaries became bunched up, became heavily influenced by TV coverage and advertisements. There was no local public response of people in each state. The conventions became 'managed' differently. Lunar Returns which portray the public's response to a candidate became influenced by public media and advertising.

I think that's a trend that has become internationalised. The manipulation of the media, and now the use of Facebook and other social media, with fake facts and opinions given without any evidence but passed off as alleged news reports, makes public opinion much more problematical compared to the standard but old fashioned opinion surveys.

I had plenty of Facebook interchanges with people claiming the most ridiculous (and factually false) claims, to see how this worked and I saw it in the Trump campaign. Facts and experts are disparaged in favour of appeals to emotion and promises of a better life. Trump didn't enlist Nigel Farage without good reason.

Dadsnook2000 said:
** I was very anti-Trump and felt I was not at all objective. So, I didn't do a chart for Trump. So, I made no prediction other than that Clinton seemed happy on election day.

So, I was a basic no-show for prediction other than that one statement several weeks ago that Clinton looked happy on election day, but the chart was not conclusive in terms of claiming a life-change.

I still am very anti-Trump and his approach to truth. Like you I made no astrological prediction, though as I wrote above, having seen what happened here. seeing much of the reports from Trumpland, I recognised the signs...

Ronia

"

Note the "+ a predictive technique (solar/lunar returns or zodiacal releasing or whatever" . No one (least of all me) asked for a natal chart *only* reading, without using whatever predictive techniques one is familiar with (including solar returns)

I read very carefully what you said. The problem being that no transitional chart or astrological technique can beat the natal promise. What is in the natal, can be brought to fruition. What is not in the natal ain't happening even if all stars and planets align. Therefore, an assessment always begins and ends with the natal. This is where it becomes very tricky for a modern astrologer to determine who will go as far as President of a country and who will be "just an MP" or a reality star. Chances are the signs for fame, power or influence may be very similar.

RohanMenon

A collection of election predictions

by user mark on Skyscript, with links to the actual predictions

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9205

Most of the 'famous names' (Lehman, Brennan Eshelman etc) seem to have predicted a Clinton victory.

The links to the actual predictions can be found at the link above, as can the techniques each astrologer used, but here are the names

"Donald Trump Win Predictions

Amanda Auv
Anil Aggarwal
Robert Antoniak
Steven Birchfield
Kenneth Bowser
Ellen Tidd
Petros Eleftheriadis
Jonathan Flanery
Smiljana Gavrancic
Barry Goddard
Lisa J Gordon (aka Lisa Lazuli)
Hossein Heidari‎
Steve Judd*
Inderjit Singh Kallirai
Sharon Knight
Alison Chester-Lambert
Stephen Lewis
Helmut Licht
Malcolm Mundy
Sachin Malhotra
Marina Marchione
Peter Novak
Prasannan
Arjun Pundit,
Roland Robinson
Krasi Serguieva
William Stickevers
Mingwei Wang
Theodore White

* Not a definitive prediction. Gives Donald Trump a 60% probability of winning astrologically.

Hillary Clinton win Predictions

Jessica Adams
Shelley Ackerman
Nick Dagan Best
Bernadette Brady
Chris Brennan
Kevin Burk
Walter C. Cambra
Gary Christen
Gregory Clare
Christina Collins
Mark Cullen
Tania Daniels
Tony Dickey
Adrian Ross Duncan
Carmen Eckard
Rick Ennis
James Eshelman
Basil Fearrington
Nic Gaudette
Barbara Goldsmith
Matthew Goulding
Nina Gryphon
Therese Hamilton
Edith Hathaway
John Hogue
Aleksandar Imsiragic
Sat Siri Khalsa
Christopher Kevill
R Hakan Kirkoglu
Ema Kurent
Lee Lehman
Anthony Louis
Gary Lorentzen
Terry MacKinnell
James McRae
Curtis Manwaring
Eric A Meece
Olga Morales
Douglas Noblehorse
Victor Oliver
Lars Panaro
Joni Patry
Mario F .Raskofsky
Paul Saunders
Sandra-Leigh Serio
Larry Schwimmer
Gurmeet Singh
Christeen Skinner
Gloria Star
Isaac Starkman
Peter Stockinger
Ed Tamplin
Patrick Watson
"

Might be of interest.

Chris Brennan's podcast titled "Post-2016 Election Analysis and Reflections"

http://theastrologypodcast.com/2016/11/15/post-2016-election-analysis-and-reflections/

Izzydunne

Here is why........

Over 95% of all astrologers, psychics, and card readers made a wrong prediction about the US election. Why? Well, I will tell you, but you won't like the answer. The vast majority of readers are Liberals, and very pro-Hillary. They were not able to put aside their bias to see truth. I, on the other hand, correctly predicted (on my Twitter page) 14 out of 15 contests this election season. In addition, I predicted a Trump victory in July of 2015. I was able to do this rather remarkable feat, because I put aside my bias and preference for one candidate or the other, and pray for truth. And......truth was revealed. Anyone wishing to see my predictions, send my an email and I will reply with my website and twitter information. I am not posting my website, because there is probably some rule about it on this forum. Take what I have said to heart, and it will make you a better reader.