8 of wands as sexual attraction?

Tango

starrystarrynight said:
Yeah, but the hot, fiery part (which is how I see the Eight of Wands in flight) DOES burn out when it hits ground and becomes that rock.

But who wants to sleep with a rock? :D

Is the rock a hottie? :D

satine

Tango said:

So, the Knight of Wands (or 8 of Wands energy) can crash into the ground and become the Emperor, for example? I think of the Emperor when I think of a rock. Or maybe the King of Pents... The energy of those well-grounded "rocks" is so foreign to me that I find it very attractive. I have said before that I am the kite, and my husband holds the string, feet planted on the ground. ;)

Tango, haha!

Tango

satine said:
So, the Knight of Wands (or 8 of Wands energy) can crash into the ground and become the Emperor, for example? I think of the Emperor when I think of a rock. Or maybe the King of Pents... The energy of those well-grounded "rocks" is so foreign to me that I find it very attractive. I have said before that I am the kite, and my husband holds the string, feet planted on the ground. ;)

Tango, haha!

That Eight of Wands energy may become the Emperor or the King of Coins, but it might just as easily burn away to ash and float away leaving nothing but a charred wasteland.

satine

Tango said:
That Eight of Wands energy may become the Emperor or the King of Coins, but it might just as easily burn away to ash and float away leaving nothing but a charred wasteland.

More often than not!

GoddessArtemis

Tango said:
Hehe, you must be talking about my ex... :laugh:

GA

Tango

GoddessArtemis said:
Hehe, you must be talking about my ex... :laugh:

GA

Part of the fun of a charred wasteland is that you get to replant it with whatever you want to grow! :D

berrieh

The 8 of Wands leading to the 2 of cups (and surrounded by other such cards) would speak to a relationship that starts out very hot and then settles into a sincere, solid love.

Interesting. I read the 2 of Cups as the beginning of love---infatuation that might be love or might be fluid and wash away. It will be beautiful and meaningful in the moment, true sharing, but not necessarily lasting. (It's too small a number for me to read it as something solid and lasting, especially as a 2, which is usually about balancing duality.)

I agree that surrounding cards matter a great deal with the 8 of Wands (and all the 8s in my opinion), as I feel it's a card that's heavily influenced by other factors.

I really think, though, this is about combinations. I'm not sure there's a card that puts an expiration date on its energy... it's all about how it flows next. For instance, the 8 of Wands flowing into the 4 of Coins, 4 of Swords, or the 4 of Cups would not be lasting, because it would get shut down, but flowing into the 4 of Wands, I'd see it as the ultimate lasting bond between two people.

Flowing into the 2 of Cups, I'd actually see it as a bit up and down, more like the "scary" beginning part of a relationship where you don't know if the other really cares about you or if its all in your head or what's going to happen. Whereas the good relationship Wands (4 of Wands, 8 of Wands) know what they want and where they belong, those wishy washy Cups cards are a different story.

Demon Goddess

Tango said:

Well... is he???? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

balenciaga

I read the 8 wands as "reading text": maybe you'll only be reading about it! Or otherwise communicating in a heated manner.

starrystarrynight

Demon Goddess said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
Is the rock a hottie?

Well... is he???? Inquiring minds want to know.
I said A rock, not The Rock! :D

Yes, THE Rock IS a hottie!