Aggressive Shufflers

Eowyn

Agressive shufflers are:
- too excited to get their read
- dont have fine motricity (cannot control the strenght of their fine movements)

So, after getting some cards "identificated" for good, I SHUFFLE, they cut, I FAN THEM, they GENTLY TOUCH the cards they want, and I PICK THEM FROM THE TABLE AND DO THE THING.
Please undersand this. I only have 1 deck and no intentions of buying a new one.

Kyrielle

For those in the US: Biro approximately = Bic stick pen.

-- Kyrielle

magpie9

Another card-friendly shuffle method is to spread the cards face down on a table and have the readee mix them around with one or both hands to put their energy into the deck for the reading. They can then pick however many cards out for the reader, if you want. I think it is important for them to handle them, if possible. Just cutting them dosn't put much connection in, to me. But I agree, get rough with my cards and you have to deal with me!

Ivy Rhiannon

Centaur said:
They pull, and slam, and pick, and bend. Argh! It does my head in! It is as though they are taking out their sexual frustrations on the cards!

sorry to laugh at your misfortune centaur, but that last bits hilarious! i dont blame you, but then again i cant talk...my mom always yells at me for shuffling too fast. (fast not rough) She looks at me as though the cards might take flight at any moment, and says shaking her head no, "Argh! how can they hear you!!!!"

Winewood

i once let my dad shuffle, OH MY GOD NEVER AGAIN.....no one will ever touch my cards after that, the bending, the twisting i could hear my cards calling to me WHY WHY!!!....maybe not that far but it made me cringe....and snatch the cards from him and go and cool down in my room for the rest of the day....weeek....month.

Centaur

Re: Re: Aggressive Shufflers

Ivy Rhiannon said:
i dont blame you, but then again i cant talk...my mom always yells at me for shuffling too fast. (fast not rough) She looks at me as though the cards might take flight at any moment, and says shaking her head no, "Argh! how can they hear you!!!!"

LOL. Wow... you must be one fast shuffler! I find that cards seem to fly out whether I shuffle fast or slow. Although, I don't mind so much when they fly out if I am using them, but if it is someone else... they had better run. })

Winewood said:
i once let my dad shuffle, OH MY GOD NEVER AGAIN.....no one will ever touch my cards after that, the bending, the twisting i could hear my cards calling to me WHY WHY!!!....maybe not that far but it made me cringe....and snatch the cards from him and go and cool down in my room for the rest of the day....weeek....month.

Hehehe. Shuffle-Rage! In my original post, the shuffler in question used to rub the cards together... she would put one chunk on top of another chunk, and rub them together until they were as one. It was HIDEOUS to watch! As a little update, she has since moved to California, US... so all those Californian tarot-readers had better watch out. :)

Tarotphelia

It is amazing how much damage one person can cause in a short period of time. It was much the same with newbie painters- kiss the brushes goodbye as they ground them into uselessness.

The only person I might consider letting shuffle my cards right now is my daughter , because I know she is not an idiot. Or perhaps you, Mr. Centaur, if you could reach that far...

All others are banned.

And I have always wondered how the querent is supposed to know when to stop shuffling anyway, if they are not very intuitive.

Tarotphelia

Lula Jing

Centaur: Hehehe. Shuffle-Rage! In my original post, the shuffler in question used to rub the cards together... she would put one chunk on top of another chunk, and rub them together until they were as one. It was HIDEOUS to watch! As a little update, she has since moved to California, US... so all those Californian tarot-readers had better watch out.
I went to a Tarot class recently and was HORRIFIED to see the teacher shuffling like this! "How can she rub her cards together like that"? I was thinking.

Before I really got interested in Tarot (and when I used to have readings done for me) I was always very ginger and respectful of the cards when shuffling. Obviously not everyone is the same! I've not done many readings for others (family only) and I'm always watching the shuffle. So far... so good!

SP :)

tao51

My first deck

I allowed others to shuffle it. I would then cleanse and reset it. I soon decided that I was uncomfortable with their shuffling. Thus my decks are in wonderful shape. I would hate to think of a mangler touching my Golden Tarot or Visconti, etc. --Tao

Chronata

hee hee! I find this thread to be very entertaining.

And funny...because I am one of those agressive shufflers!

The decks I use constantly have this great bowed shape (ahh...kinda like the cresent moon...) due to my rifle shuffle!

Yep. That's right...I am one of THOSE people...

I admit that I don't let anyone else shuffle my cards...only cut them(they would just end up being way too gentle with them anyway...my cards are very used to the abuse!)

*Incidently...I am always way careful when I am shuffling anyone else's deck...I would NEVER do that to someone else who takes good care of thier cards! Oh...and the Faeries Oracle never gets rifled...or I would be in serious trouble...