Sabian Symbol Study Group: Aries 8 - #8

tink27

Oh this is wonderful mooncat2!! Do show and tell!! :)

tink :love:

MCsea

purple_scorp and mooncat2 huredriel and Tink

waves hi

Cant WAIT to see more of the pics you guys have been posting - I really do love them, and I love that pictures are SO well recieved here, earlier on when I mentioned pics 'some' were quite skeptical - imagine on this board !!! My dear friend is drawing all 360 symbols and I think she is half way through..

Thank you all for helping me learn SO MUCH MORE about the symbols....

MARINA

tink27

I agree Marina

We've got such a great team here!! The pictures have helped me to reach deeper into the phrases, I also find they they reinforce and strengthen the Sabian symbols.

I wish your friend all the best Marina!!

tink

MCsea

:)

its a big job.. she is very talented.....

thanks

MARINA

mooncat2

:) Hi Marina

Wow..........it must be wonderful to be able to draw your own images.......your friend must be talented indeed.

Agree with tink that the images take you deeper into the symbols.........as the hands work its like a meditation and the mind floats free making all sorts of associations.Surely its no different than writing about tarot or oracle cards.........just the other way around.

:love:

huredriel

PS, I love that image and how fitting for the title ..... she looks to be having so much fun ..... and shouldn't all new beginnings, east winds, be fun?

Mooncat ...... amazing and different image ...... less precise ...... fits in well with that wind blowing everything around! I also see the wind in here, but in the shape of the bird .... is it a humming bird? I think they're connected to East aren't they?

I had another thought on the title as I looked at your picture .......

from the symbol title - what if the streamers are memories? What if the wind is blowing out the cobwebs so to speak, ruffling the old set patterns ...... and bringing in new thought streams? Could bring up some quiet fiery responses (since this is such a fiery symbol).

from your picture - the dark background ..... like a smouldering volcanic landscape ..... covered with action, with colour ..... looks as if heavy wind would come in and lift them all off to reveal the underneath? Does that make sense?

mooncat2

:)I chose Hummingbird because it was so colourful and discovered afterwards...

Hummingbird brings the gift of Beauty.
It has the ability to fly in all directions, even backwards, and asks us to to see from all angles to expand our perceptions.
When Hummingbird flies into our life it indicates a need to complete a specific lesson we've been avoiding.

This image was quite a milestone in my creative journey. "Less precise".....:D quite right. I'd begun to see that preciseness, plus the time I spent fiddling and moving images around to get them perfect. This was an attempt to be more spontaneous..........just have fun. At first I hated it..........too bright, too crowded and busy, no neat border. Then I realised I was listening to the Inner Critic sounding very much like my mother :D...........and begun to love it. It made me feel happy.

Definitely a new thinking, a new freedom.........understanding old patterns at play........letting them blow away in the wind.

tink27

mooncat2 said:
:)I chose Hummingbird because it was so colourful and discovered afterwards...

Hummingbird brings the gift of Beauty.
It has the ability to fly in all directions, even backwards, and asks us to to see from all angles to expand our perceptions.
When Hummingbird flies into our life it indicates a need to complete a specific lesson we've been avoiding.

From Animal Magick
Fierce tiny bird of the bright rainbow feathers,
I see you speeding, darting, hovering.
Like a hummingbird I am confident.
I fear nothing for the Gods are with me.
I flit among the beautiful flowers of life,
Content to do what must be done,
And living my life to the fullest

mooncat2 said:
Then I realised I was listening to the Inner Critic sounding very much like my mother ...........and begun to love it. It made me feel happy.

I can so relate to this statement. The Inner Critic is a powerful presence that can haunt our confidence, our creativity and individuality. This has been a life-long lesson for me to express and speak my truth in situations that threaten, intimidate or disempower me.

Hummingbirds are fearless! They can look their demons right in the face and without running!!

Hummingbird could definitely teaches us not to fall into the trap that one must be perfect in order to pat oneself on the back. A big lesson for me!!!!

tink :love:

huredriel

Another small thought ....... hummingbirds dart about, their wings go at incredible speeds ....... makes me think of the 8 wands actually, especially with this being a number 8 card!

huredriel

MCsea said:
Part of Body: Cheekbone FROM SOLARFIRE
With the title and this aspect ....... had a thought here ....... of a woman *turning the other cheek*?